Tree Planting

2,205 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Counterpoint
cz308
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are looking to purchase at least 3 shade trees for the backyard area. Who would be a good contact for purchasing and planting in BCS?
halibut sinclair
We have used Discount Trees of Brenham. John Lammers is the owner:

https://discounttreesofbrenham.com/
Brewmaster
AG
+2 on discount trees of Brenham

They planted a huge Cypress for me in the front that we got to hand pick at their place. I've never seen guys move an 8" tree by hand before and plant it, 5 years later it is alive and very well.
cz308
Thanks. I have 5 being delivered soon for planting.
WheelinAg
AG
Just a heads up, and this may only pertain to our yard. One of the previous owners planted a bunch of trees and shrubs, something like 50 plus. Every single one of them was root bound, I mean pull the tree straight out of the ground with two hands and it still looks like its in a pot. I believe this was 2-3 years after they were planted. I'd say 3/4's of them had a discount trees of Brenham tag on them. Maybe they were the left overs, discounted, who knows, I'd just check them out when you get them. Hopefully I don't get roasted over this...
cz308
No reason to be roasted over an honest post. Hopefully we don't experience this.
EBrazosAg
AG
WheelinAg said:

Just a heads up, and this may only pertain to our yard. One of the previous owners planted a bunch of trees and shrubs, something like 50 plus. Every single one of them was root bound, I mean pull the tree straight out of the ground with two hands and it still looks like its in a pot. I believe this was 2-3 years after they were planted. I'd say 3/4's of them had a discount trees of Brenham tag on them. Maybe they were the left overs, discounted, who knows, I'd just check them out when you get them. Hopefully I don't get roasted over this...
That can happen with both ball and burlap and container grown trees. Key is to break up the circling roots before putting down in the ground. Definitely a technique issue with planting trees. Also use as an opportunity to look for girdling roots closer to the trunk. Better to cut now than later.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
We have 2 live oak trees in our yard from Discount Trees that were planted over 10 years ago and are now huge.
Counterpoint
AG
BREwmaster said:

+2 on discount trees of Brenham

They planted a huge Cypress for me in the front that we got to hand pick at their place. I've never seen guys move an 8" tree by hand before and plant it, 5 years later it is alive and very well.
Doesn't seem that hard to move an 8 inch tree by hand.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.