What do you like to eat from a school concession stand?

4,735 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieBaseball06
LuvMyBoys
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rudder High School Gymnastics is hosting our State meet at Bryan High School this year. We will have gymnasts and families from all over the State. I'm looking for ideas for food that would make the most profit and be a good seller. We are going to try and get donations for some things. If anybody has run a successful concession stand and have some suggestions I would certainly appreciate the advice.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Quinoa
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
But seriously, hot dogs, nachos. candy bars are easy. Water, Gatorade, soft drinks, all bottled. Popcorn is cheap and easy
TxSquarebody
Frito Pie...lord of all concession "foods"
ShinerBlonde
AG
All of the above listed (chips, candy, hot dogs, pickles, nachos). Also, slices of pizza.
Red Krow
Hot Dogs! Jumbo ones, with lots of mustard and onions. My wife loves pickles. The kids like nachos, hot dogs and chips.
gibby03
AG
Chick fila sandwhiches. Contact that one right next to Bryan High. You'll sell them like crazy I think. At least they have in the past.
txgardengirl
Pizza rolls - DD will make you a deal

Roadhouse does a lot of school/event type stuff too if you want some real food
Jetty
AG
Pepperoni rolls from Double Daves.
BQ_90
AG
The exact opposite of anything levy serves
AggieBaseball06
AG
OP- Do you have an email address that I can reach out to you at? The majority of my career so far has been in concessions/food outlet management at major theme parks (San Antonio and Southern California). I'd love to help y'all if you need some assistance.
txgardengirl
AggieBaseball06 said:

OP- Do you have an email address that I can reach out to you at? The majority of my career so far has been in concessions/food outlet management at major theme parks (San Antonio and Southern California). I'd love to help y'all if you need some assistance.

You rock!
mason12
AG
Frito pies, just buy the frito brand chip bags in bulk, buy the large cans of chili at sams, some trays and forks/sporks and you are done!
carodz
AG
Flamin' Hot Cheetos + nacho cheese.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Chicken sandwiches from Levy. You won't sell many but if you sell 5 you can bring in $100,000. You will have to pay Levy $90,000 but that is $10,000 profit for you.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
Tailgate88
AG
Not the most gourmet thing in the world, but we ran concessions for middle school region band tryouts a few times. Little Caesaers Hot & Ready pizzas - $5. Eight slices @ $2 / slice = $16. That's a pretty big profit ratio and soooo easy. We did borrow a warming rack from culinary to keep them warm.
UmustBKidding
We did an event at rudder and as Tailgate indicated the Little Caesars pizza was the highest volume item. Had some deal with the one right there on Bonneville road. We got them starting when they opened at 10am and they were immediately gone. Made several orders and trips and could not keep up with demand. When we do events at consol, usually end up in the same situation with hungry howies

jrhmc
AG
I've worked with concessions at TAMU events as a fundraiser for Girl Scouts for 4 years now and the biggest sellers (not including beer) have been hot dogs, pretzels, nachos, and pizza rolls. If you have pizza rolls, you really don't even need the other things. Drinks are a great low cost item that you can turn a good profit on. You can purchase in bulk from Sam's and charge at least $1 per can of soda or bottle of water. Prices for hot dogs run about $4, nachos $5, pretzels $6, and pizza rolls are 2 for $8 at TAMU games. The year we ran one of the Double Daves stands, we sold out of pizza rolls at every game. I've also seen Little Caesar's pizza work well at robotics tournaments and the cost is less than for rolls.
Bucketrunner
I miss Double Dave's a football games. They were actually edible.
gettingitdone
If the meet starts pretty early, do breakfast tacos from Taco Cabana. Also, reach out to Double Daves. See if they will sell you pizza rolls for the 2 for pricing and then sell them for $1. I have seen this done at BHS on a number of occasions. Also CICI's as also worked out a deal with the schools, and you can sell pizza slices.

Pizza rolls are easy to keep warm in a roaster. Just individually wrap in in foil sheets, or wax paper sheets.
ratfacemcdougal
DAMN.... I AM HUNGRY
BCSGirl
BCSGirl
Thanks! tammykpollock@gmail.com
Broncos
Beer.
UmustBKidding
Robots run on pizza
jeffk
AG
Concessions can make a killing on coffee and cocoa for the outdoor sports.
ro828
Frito pie. Anything else is something else.

If it's an outdoor event in chilly weather, Mexican hot chocolate rules.
AggieBarstool
ro828 said:

Frito pie. Anything else is something else.

If it's an outdoor event in chilly weather, Mexican hot chocolate rules.
Nah. I'd do pizza over a Frito pie any day. Hell, hot dogs or burgers. Frito Pie, truthfully, is low on my list.
LuvMyBoys
To those who said they would contact me here is my email. tammykpollock@gmail.com
Thanks!!
LuvMyBoys
AggieBaseball06 said:

tammykpollock@gmail.com
gbaby23
AG
Sausage on a stick
HortAg09
AG
When i was a kid, i grew up spending my entire weekends at various sporting events. We basically lived off of giant sour pickles, french fries and those big pixie sticks.
UmustBKidding
Always would take kids to women's basketball games on solvacek sausage dog night. Think they were $0.50 each. Was always a fun time. Would buy them at Albertsons when they had friends over. Don't know if they still make them but I would buy if I they were available
jrhmc
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Always would take kids to women's basketball games on solvacek sausage dog night. Think they were $0.50 each. Was always a fun time. Would buy them at Albertsons when they had friends over. Don't know if they still make them but I would buy if I they were available

If you're talking about the plain Slovacek sausages, you can get them at Sam's. We serve the pepper jack ones at games now and I buy them at Sam's to keep at home we like them so much. You can also get most of the Slovacek sausages at HEB.
UmustBKidding
No they were normal hot dog sized and labeled as sausage dogs.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.