Mooyah

4,633 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bonfiresmoke
cs69ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a flier with coupons in mail so decided to try. Received a free $4,99 burger with purchase of fries and a shake. Cost was $8,31 with tax as I got the large $4.99 choc shakes and personal size fries at $2.49.

Burger was great...looked like a pic in an ad and taste was excellent. Lot of fries with skins on and cooked just right and slightly salted. Shake was real ice cream and very good.

As good as it was, regular price without the free burger costs close to $14.00, At least it is all high quality!
gunan01
AG
Mooyah is good quality but I worry about its ability to survive in the current B/CS restaurant market. It's a higher price point than other fast food places, and it doesn't ever seem like there are many people in there when I eat there.
AggiePhil
AG
And several years after opening, they still haven't opened the drive-thru window.
trouble
AG
I didn't even realize there was one here. We really liked the one in Round Rock.
mason12
AG
We got the coupon in the mail too. The wife and I used the buy one get one free. We both said that our burgers were good. We did the shareable fries.
EBrazosAg
AG
Mooyah in a better location would be killing it here, just like a 5 Guys would. Great burgers and fries at a price point between the high end burger places (Hoppdaddys and Grub) and the fast food joints, although that price point difference between them and the higher end is a little blurry...my take is Mooyah and Grub have the best product in town. Just depends on how I want it or what others want to eat as to where I go.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rex Racer
AG
Never had Mooyah. I need to try them. I'm always on the lookout for an outstanding burger.

My favorite burgers in the area (not necessarily in order):

• Top of the Hill (Benchley)
  • Burger House (Bryan)
  • Harvey Washbangers (College Station)
armymom
I wish they would let seniors order off the kids menu. The hamburgers are delicious but too large for those with a smaller appetite. Shakes and hand cut fries are really good!
95_Aggie
AG
Unfortunately I have an issue eating at restaurants connected to convenience stores/gas stations. I went in there once when it was McDonald's and the bleach smell was so overwhelming I lost my appetite.

Never been back.
ChampsAg
We always liked their burgers but don't ever think of them. You can order online as well.
Bucketrunner
Their buns hold up better than most. I abhor a soft, squishy bun that disintegrates before I'm through with the burger. Their loaded salad is huge and really good.
eloc62
Mooyah makes a very good burger. I order the sweet potato fries with no salt. Very good also. I wish they served onion rings.
AgsWin2011
AG
Mooyah is awesome. If you don't go to food places connected to gas stations, you're missing out on Polly's Cocina and Yole's. Although I think both of those are completely separated by a wall.

Maybe Mooyah should "Build the Wall"?
91_Aggie
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Mooyah in a better location would be killing it here, just like a 5 Guys would. Great burgers and fries at a price point between the high end burger places (Hoppdaddys and Grub) and the fast food joints, although that price point difference between them and the higher end is a little blurry...my take is Mooyah and Grub have the best product in town. Just depends on how I want it or what others want to eat as to where I go.

$14 for burger, fries, and drink is about same as Grub Burger.
Wicked Good Ag
Maybe it is just me but the burger fries and coke aren't worth $14.
Don't think it is worth it at Grub or Hopdoddy either but only my opinion.
jac4
AG
Heismenberg said:

Mooyah is awesome. If you don't go to food places connected to gas stations, you're missing out on Polly's Cocina and Yole's. Although I think both of those are completely separated by a wall.

Maybe Mooyah should "Build the Wall"?

And make the gas station pay for it!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Tend to agree, but beef prices are pretty high these days.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Maybe it is just me but the burger fries and coke aren't worth $14.
Don't think it is worth it at Grub or Hopdoddy either but only my opinion.
Agree with this.

It's actually a very good burger. But its not $14 great. Also, the fries are very very inconsistent. Some days really really good, and some days totally worthless. I used to like the chili cheese dog here too but they got rid of the chili so that's no longer an option.
EBrazosAg
AG
91_Aggie said:

EBrazosAg said:

$14 for burger, fries, and drink is about same as Grub Burger.

It's within a dollar or two for sure. That's why I said "blurry " for the difference. The biggest difference is the feel and the bar. One might consider "blurry" and "about" to be synonyms....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieBarstool
I go there pretty frequently. People think I'm nuts, but I rate Mooyah as one of the consistently better-than-your-normal-burger places in town. Right up there with Hopdoddy and Grub, IMO.
Aggieangler93
AG
The one with BBQ sauce is a favorite of mine. I like their fries, but I hate that they have crappy Iced tea. I still drop in from time to time, here in the Round Rock area ones. They have an app, and have free codes for stuff fairly often.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
justinsr
I go to Mooyah from time to time. Love the burger but the drink prices are stupid high. I just order the burger to go and then while it's cooking walk into the gas station and get a fountain drink for about half the price.
emtes
AG
My only issue with the place - the one time I went to try, it smelled like fart inside. Honestly. Haven't been back since and most likely never will. Too many other good burgers (and the best one isn't too far away at Top of the Hill)
legalbird
Went once about 2 years ago
bonfiresmoke
My wife and I ate there last night. The burgers are fantastic! My wife has the app on her phone and we now have a $20.00 award. Use those apps and save.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.