Suddenlink

2,443 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Scruffy
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else experiencing an outage? All TV is down- says channel signal lost, and internet is so slow I cant get Netflix to load.

Basically, I have an angry 4 year old.
TxSquarebody
Pay yo bill!
Scruffy
AG
Have you tried reading?
histag10
AG
Scruffy said:

Have you tried reading?

Yes, my 4 year old, not so much. I mean he reads, but that's not what he wants this morning.

It's also an issue of paying for a service and not receiving it, and then not recieving a prorated bill based on days service was actually provided.
histag10
AG
TxSquarebody said:

Pay yo bill!

I paid my bill! Now I want my money back.

I have service back. No idea why I lost it. Suddenlink also has no idea why service was lost. They offered to send a tech out for $60.
Scruffy
AG
Keep calling and complaining.

I remember when Verizon internet kept going down and we weren't getting the speeds paid for, Egon had time and called; ended up getting bumped to level 3 tech support.
We got 3 free months of internet.

Just let them know you aren't getting what you paid for. They need to credit your bill and send a tech for free.
Otherwise I suggest contacting the local DA and getting him to go after them for theft.
txyaloo
AG
Suddenlink not providing the contracted level of service isn't theft... It's a civil contracts issue. Neither the police nor the DA will get involved.
denied
Ours went out last night around midnight. We have tv/phone/internet and it sets the alarm off. If the alarm isn't set, there is an annoying beep every few minutes. When it is set (like overnight), full blown siren that wakes up the block. I called and their automated system didn't even put me on with a person, just said they were experiencing outages in our area and then ended the call.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with the quality of signal they provide combined with the 20% increase in bill over the last year.
Scruffy
AG
txyaloo said:

Suddenlink not providing the contracted level of service isn't theft... It's a civil contracts issue. Neither the police nor the DA will get involved.
It is theft.
You have paid them for a service they didn't provide. They took money from you.

Contractors have gone to jail for similar. It's theft. The state and people just need to hold them accountable.
The Anchor
AG
Scruffy said:

txyaloo said:

It is theft.

Contractors have gone to jail for similar. It's theft. The state and people just need to hold them accountable.

He's right. It isn't theft. It's a civil issue.
TxSquarebody
Suddenstink is terrible, but I hear they are better than others. They're so iffy most of the time. I keep them just shy of a late fee behind 'cause I feel better about paying for what I used instead of what I might use!
AggieBaseball06
AG
Scruffy said:

txyaloo said:

It is theft.

How many years of law school did you go through?
Scruffy
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

Scruffy said:

txyaloo said:

It is theft.

How many years of law school did you go through?
Basic barracks followed by capstone of pubs.
When did I claim to be a lawyer? I just know theft.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.