Weekend of April 5th

1,773 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ag009
TxAggieGirl08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My friends and I were trying to do a girls weekend in CS the weekend of April 5th, but the George is completely booked and Calvary Court only has rooms with 1 bed available. Same for Hampton Inn and Home2 Suites. Is there something big going on that weekend? I see Parent's Weekend is the 14th. We were hoping to stay close to Century Square so we could walk. Any other suggestions? Thanks!!
montegobay
Embassy Suites is just a couple of blocks away. There's always something going on.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The physics and engineering event that brings in a few thousand people is that weekend. I think the state high school drum line championships are that weekend at Reed. Brings in a lot of schools and families (https://www.texascolorguardcircuit.org/events/17365)

The color guard championship is the weekend before, just fyi.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Oh, and also check the Stella. Great hotel.
cavscout96
AG
some friends of mine run this B&B:

Milton Parker Home B&B

good folks. beautiful home. downtown Bryan, but Uber is a thing in BCS.
TxAggieGirl08
AG
Thanks for the replies and about Uber! We didn't want to rely on CARPOOL, so that's great to know!! Definitely opens up our search! Thanks again!
redd38
AG
Chilifest is that weekend. I'm not saying that's what's filling up the nice hotels, just warning you.
bushytailed
AG
Try the A&M hotel on campus.
aggiegal99
There's FFA judging contests that weekend that fill hotel rooms (but probably not at the fancy places).

It seems like that weekend (wherever Chilifest falls) is always busy with a variety of events.
aggiegal99
Also, try The Stella or the LaSalle
ag009
AG
If y'all are open to a B&B give Abigaile's Treehouse a try!! Cute, cozy, yummy food. Close to Downtown Bryan and a short drive from campus if you need that.

http://www.abigailestreehouse.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.