Best place to get tires....?

3,307 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Vivificus
bionat80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Needing new tires for my 2014 Toyota Corolla S
any suggestions?
halibut sinclair
Discount Tire is the best.
gettingitdone
Dixie Tire in downtown Bryan. We have used them for years, and have always been satisfied
legalbird
discount tires

anywhere else and you are spinning your wheels
M2Spider
AG
I have used Discount Tires for many years and have never had an issue.
MisterShipWreck
Discount tire for sure
TxSquarebody
Good Enuff tires on Texas at Sulpher Springs...Good deals if you like Cooper tires and want to support a new start up by a pretty good kid. No relation.
Nosh
Discount without question.
crbongos
AG
House of Tires, Tx Ave Bryan. Bobby Guiterriz. Good folks.
CRBongo
Ace A
Bcs tires and lifts
Picadillo
Sugar daddy
Doug Glatt
AG
+1 House of Tires. They really took care of me when I had a few tires slashed while a student
LOYAL AG
AG
Ace A said:

Bcs tires and lifts
have to disagree here. I took my son's Jeep there right after we got it to talk about wheels and tires. I emphasized strongly that we were looking for inexpensive black wheels and that we would pay for good mud tires. The guy took us right to the $225/each Rock Star wheels to which I replied, "I've been pretty clear that inexpensive wheels were the order of the day. I meant like those $100 ones over there, not the top of the line on your wall. Thanks, we'll go somewhere else." He had a guaranteed sale that day, all he had to do was play honest poker but he couldn't do it. I'll never go back which is disappointing for a guy with three Jeeps in his family.

Conversely I had a great experience with Bobby at House of Tires when I put wheels and tires on my Jeep. He shopped the wheels for me then I decided to hold off because I didn't want to pay the $800 for a set of five of them when I was also doing a small lift and new tires at the same time. The day they were to install he got a call from Lithia looking for a set of OEM wheels from my model year so he called me and asked if I would take $500 for my wheels and use that to offset the cost of the new ones. Of course I said yes and I still have those wheels mounted. That's good service.

Last summer I bought a set of Michelin tires for Mrs. LOYAL AG's car at Discount in Casa Grande, AZ after we got a flat on the way to Los Angeles. Last week I went back to Discount in CS with 20K miles on them and the fronts too low to measure. They warrantied out the fronts and told me that tire turned out to be pretty bad in the heat and had been discontinued in Texas, NM and AZ then he bought back the rear ones at a pretty good price. All told he was able to offset over half of the new set and I was in and out in 45 minutes. Great experience.

Lastly I've bought A LOT of tires over the years at Firestone in CS. Mike and his team have always done me right with tires. Two of the three Jeeps have Firestone MT's on them and the tires have worn and performed well.
gus1390
AG
crbongos said:

House of Tires, Tx Ave Bryan. Bobby Guitierriz. Good folks.
This
trackaggie76
AG
Pilgers
CEAg78
AG
crbongos said:

House of Tires, Tx Ave Bryan.
"Heck, I'd give 'em all away but my wife won't let me."
-- circa 1980
EliteElectric
Another Vote for House of Tires and Bobby. Bobby is a selfless servant to Brazos county and a hell of a nice guy.
LastHamlet
AG
House of Tires!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I find a tire I want and find the best deal between tirerack, discount, ntb, firestone, and Walmart.

If it's tirerack, then I usually have ntb install.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
HoT's for sure. Bobby is very good people.
Aggie Owned and Operated by Jarrad and Elisha McLeod Class of 2003 and 2006! The Official Mattress Provider of TexAgs!
SW AG80
AG
If you travel much you cannot best Discount Tires. They are every where. Was leaving Laredo once and had a blow out. Went to Discount and they let me buy insurance for $60 and replaced my tire through the insurance. The tire, without the insurance, would have been a lot more than $60.

A few months later I had another blowout in College Station on a Saturday night. Discount is not open on Sunday so so went to Firestone to get a new tire. The next week I went to Discount to get tires rotated. I told them about buying tire from Firestone. Since I had insurance they reimbursed me for the cost of the Firestone tire.
Vivificus
AG
I have waited for a sale at NTB and have come out really well. I have found them to be lower than discount tire with the right timing, plus they can do an alignment where discount can't. Service can be slow without an appointment though.
Viv
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.