Howdy's Pizza

7,837 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We went tonight to the soft opening. The pizza is outstanding. It is thin crust and very filling. We had a call in order and we didn't have a menu so we ordered a hamburger pizza and a pepperoni. But, they have a lot of unique pizzas that sounded great. There were lots of staff that were very attentive (like Chick Fil A). We will definitely be going back. They open tomorrow. They are near Caprock ER on Fitch.

BCSLocal01
Are there no pizza rolls on the menu? Dang! We remember them from their wellborn location years ago and have been waiting for Howdys to open again to order their pizza rolls. I'm crushed
MB19
AG
Tried it tonight. Will be going back.
AgsWin2011
AG
Also tried it tonight. I really enjoyed it. Wife didn't particularly care for it but she doesn't know what the hell she's doing. I mean she married me for cryin out loud.

Awesome pizza with delicious toppings.
TXAG4EVR
AG
We went with two other couples last night. Crispy crust. Delicious topping combos. All of us plan to return!!!
AggiePhil
AG
Was going to try it tonight but saw they're closed on Sundays so RX Pizza it is.
AggieBarstool
The real question: how does it stack up against Rx Pizza? I'm gonna be hard pressed to choose Howdy's in this area when Rx is right next door.

Are Howdy's pizzas wood-fired?
justalocal
Had the Texan yesterday, was amazingly good. Better than I expected. Kids enjoyed a pepperoni and cheese. We will definitely be adding this to our places to eat list.

To answer the above question, you can get a grilled crust. IMO, this is waaay better than Rx but I'm not the biggest Rx fan either. The kids definitely ate better at Howdys than they have an Rx pizza.
annie88
AG
Well after such a long construction phase, being shut down, changing their logo and having that industrial trash can out there for half a year at a time I'm glad to hear it's going to be good.
legalbird
Glad real pizza is here

Seems like pizza shops today want to flash bang a pizza or cook it for 90 seconds...THAT AINT PIZZA!!

WE NEED REAL DOUGH AND A LARGE PIZZA SHOULD BE HEAVY

I really don't know any shop in town that does deep dish, and that would be yum
AgsWin2011
AG
I like their unique and fresh toppings. We got the Texan pizza which was delicious and then we made our own with chicken skin (smoked crispy and freakin delicious), fried jalapeos and goat cheese.

The two medium (large size everywhere else) pizzas cost around $35 which is kinda hard to swallow when we can get 2 carry out pizzas at Dominos for half the price. Nonetheless probably the best pizza in BCS.
Cyp0111
You then have to eat Dominos pizza....
kyledr04
AG
I'm really surprised they don't have pizza rolls
doubledog
IMHO Good pizza start with good water, not C.S. tap water. What is Howdy's water source?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wife and I ate there on Tuesday night.

The pizza was excellent, but we have to just rave about what we had first: The BLT Bruschetta.

Wow, that appetizer was PHENOMENAL! We ate most of it before the pizza came out and we ended up only having one slice of pizza each and took the rest to the kids. Wife and I agreed: if they would make that bruschetta as an option for a whole pizza, we'd order it all the time. It was that good.
MB19
AG
doubledog said:

IMHO Good pizza start with good water, not C.S. tap water. What is Howdy's water source?
Not tap water!
Monywolf
For anyone who has tried both, how does it compare to South Flo's pizza?
justalocal
If South Flo is the one in the newer HEB, if so, there is no comparison. But we (us and the kids) did not think South Flo was all that great, although it smells awesome when you walk into HEB.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Was at Howdys for lunch today. Place is awesome. I asked about water, and they said every bit of water that touches the customer (including that used for cooking) is RO from BCS Pure Water. So cheers!
Eliminatus
AG
I also tried it for lunch.

Was pretty damn good. Need to flesh out the rest of the selection but was impressed so far. Will be back.
SeenNotHeard
AG
I will be the dissenter. Wife and I had it last night. Just wasn't impressed at all. But in fairness...we jut like pretty straightforward (simple) pizza.
timstreet
AG
To be honest, it wasn't bad. But, I doubt we will come back. A majority of the pizzas have a BBQ spin to them which no one in my family likes. The pizzas generally are about $14 for a small, $16 for a medium, and $20 for a large which is kind of pricey.

We definitely prefer Rx Pizza over Howdy's. Rx has better variety and better crust. I wouldn't say there's anything special about Howdy's.
taxpreparer
AG
I disagree. The one time I had Rx Pizza, the crust was under-cooked and soggy. It was right after they opened, and they were extremely busy for lunch, so I will eventually give them another chance.

My disappointment with Howdy Pizza was the lack of seating. Again, they are just-open, and it was extremely busy, but my wife cannot stand for long periods of time., so we took our pizza to go. That meant it was twenty minutes later before we ate it. I thought the crust was perfect, but would have liked the pizza to be hotter. Could not be helped and will also try them again.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
legalbird
Howdy gets an A+ on hygiene.

Liked that hats were worn to prevent hair from going into food.
Saw employees wearing gloves.
Glass wall to see kitchen.
Cashier only handle transactions...no food/ice/drinks.
Pizza to go in a professional warmer oven. ( I have seen pizza to go sitting on the ground at another establishment and it grossed me out)

I only want to see grunge when I go to a grunge concert.

More floor space is needed and would pay for itself.
K2T2
Color me impressed at their good veggie pizza selection. Is this the kinda place that's going to laugh at me or give me **** for ordering no cheese? I want a B sprout pizza!
bonfiresmoke
Great pizza for sure. I have a pepperoni with brussel sprouts and it was fantastic. The brussel sprouts are thin sliced and cook up crispy. It was the best pizza I have had in a long time. Been back twice and will most likely visit again this weekend.
woodiewood1
Average pizza. Not the best in town, not the worst. I also did get the hint of BBQ flavor on the two we purchased.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

A majority of the pizzas have a BBQ spin to them which no one in my family likes.
Same here, so we built our own and it was very good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.