Ninfa's?

20,761 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Monywolf
Red Krow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just heard they may be closing today. Not sure if it's permanent or not. Don't eat there all that often but always seems busy.
techno-ag
AG
Great location. Hope somebody else picks it up, if true.
TxSquarebody
They have been going downhill for a long time. Service is always terrible and the food had become mediocre. They were ok when their manager Jonathan was there, but it is severely lacking now. Hate to see them go if true, but can honestly say it has been a long time coming.
ratfacemcdougal
Good location for a waffle house
jja79
AG
Resurrect Fowl Digits.
kyledr04
AG
I was there a couple weeks ago. Not suprising at all.
emtes
AG
By great, do you mean horrible? With the way the exits are set up, it makes it tough to get there. And if you miss it, you might a well go home and make a sandwich instead of looping back around.
Roc96
AG
Loved the beef fajitas with chihuahua topping.
Roc
bushytailed
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/College-Station-Ninfas-location-closed-506833451.html?fbclid=IwAR0w6OusCcZZP_O2ht68OPUK_TaPbsuKW7LXWIMkvtLFOozRASnF7KaaahY
AustinCountyAg
Great location for a fajita rita's
techno-ag
AG
emtes said:

By great, do you mean horrible? With the way the exits are set up, it makes it tough to get there. And if you miss it, you might a well go home and make a sandwich instead of looping back around.
It's on the bypass, that's all that matters.

/MyBCS
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
KaneIsAble
AG
Something will re-open there; the new hotel should drive some more traffic you would think. But then again, what do I know, I'm not in the restaurant business.
MisterShipWreck
I ate there occasionally at the Harvey Rd location. Went there after they first moved to the Hwy 6 location, and I never went back again after that.
saltydog13
AG
Surprised it made it this long with plenty of local Mexican food places that have much better food
91_Aggie
AG
We liked it when at Harvey, but service became horrible after move. We got there at 11am on a Sunday and they sat us.fairly Quickly. Then we waited... and waited... and waited... and waited. All while watching them.sit other people and waitstaff attending to people seated after us.

We never went back. Talked to manager about but he cared not one whit.
Gibbs Slap
AG
Yep, there was a note on the door to say a final Gracias!!
Gigem314
AG
Really liked their crawfish enchiladas. But their menu was a bit pricey compared to others.

Really hoping we finally get that Gringo's in S. College Station that's been talked about for so long.
halibut sinclair
Make the drive to the original Ninfa's on Navigation St. near downtown Houston. It's worth it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

This would be an epic comeback for BCS! Costa.....?
EBrazosAg
AG
Owner has a restaurant on the river-walk in SA I believe. I think he took his eye off the ball here.....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Costa and Andreas
Man I've got my hands full with the Cafe Eccell updated menu, decor and patio, the Burger Mojo project finally underway, and a top secret deal I can't mention. Thanks for the shout out though!
MisterShipWreck
91_Aggie said:

We liked it when at Harvey, but service became horrible after move. We got there at 11am on a Sunday and they sat us.fairly Quickly. Then we waited... and waited... and waited... and waited. All while watching them.sit other people and waitstaff attending to people seated after us.

We never went back. Talked to manager about but he cared not one whit.
That is what happened to me. Manager didn't care either.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I thought their food was terrible. I wouldn't even eat it when I was in college, and that is saying something.
halibut sinclair
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

AustinCountyAg said:

This would be an epic comeback for BCS! Costa.....?
I'd much rather see the return of La Taqueria.
rsa
AG
MisterShipWreck said:

I ate there occasionally at the Harvey Rd location. Went there after they first moved to the Hwy 6 location, and I never went back again after that.
Went twice after the move: the quality went away after the move.
Jules_Winnfield
I waited tables there in 2004-2006, when Mario was still the owner and it was at the Harvey location.

No one in management cares about the product coming out to the customer, at the time there was little care about what the customer wanted. Food was marked up way expensive for what it is and Mario really didn't give a flip about much in regards to ownership and proper management.

He brought his son in in hopes of his son taking it over, let shortly after that to pursue corporate America... not sure how it went after that
One Louder
AG
Was there a few months ago for lunch. It was fairly empty at prime lunch hour and the food was cold when we got it. Service was terrible.
Mathguy64
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Make the drive to the original Ninfa's on Navigation St. near downtown Houston. It's worth it.
Yep. The original is really not like any of the others. Nothing like the original home of tacos al carbon. First time I ate there queso flameado was not on the menu. You had to ask.
meezermom
Costa ... if not Fajita Rita's, how about La Taqueria?! I could really go for some of those veggie soft tacos!

Ninfa's has had awful management for years - as stated previously, management couldn't have cared less about the experience the customers had.
dallasiteinsa02
The service the two times I have been there in the last 3 years has been horrible. It was slow and they pretty much didn't care about putting any effort into waiting tables. It was like they thought they would get 20% regardless of what they do.
Legacy Work Spaces
I only checked into this thread because there was chatter of a Fajita Ritas comeback.

So so so so many great memories there!
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
Love Gun
Good. That place sucked in both service and food quality.

Now if we can officially put Johnny Carino's on the clock...
Tex Aggie
AG
Time for gringos or papasitos to come in
Please!
mwm
Haven't been there in years. I guess that says all that needs to be said.
AgsWin2011
AG
I wish Tupinamba's would come down here from DFW. The owner is an Aggie and the food is awesome!
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.