Moving to Small Town Life... Anderson-Shiro ISD OR Iola??

2,868 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggiegal99
NurseBirse2328
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are wanting to move up in that direction to be closer to my parents. They live in Bedias and are zoned to Anderson-Shiro (where my 14 year old niece goes). We have two kids (6yrs and 19months). While we are looking at properties, I'm trying to figure out if it's worth looking at ones in Iola ISD also??? I don't know anything about it.... which schools are better? We are coming from top notch schools (but HUGE ones). Thanks!!!!
BrazosWifi
I hear that Iola schools are pretty good. Rural life can be awesome.

If good internet is important to you, you may want to check our coverage maps before purchasing something.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
saltydog13
AG
I've heard Anderson is good as well
techno-ag
AG
Iola was a National Blue Ribbon school.

Their volleyball teams often go to state if you're thinking of scholarships someday.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Wicked Good Ag
I would put the small schools ISD for academics to be
MUMFORD
IOLA
ANDERSON

for other non academic stuff maybe
IOLA
ANDERSON
MUMFORD

land and housing
IOLA
ANDERSON
MUMFORD
Captn_Ag05
AG
It would be about a 35 minute drive everyday, but I have heard great things about the charter school, International Leadership of Texas - https://www.iltexascsk8.org/
Turf96
Charter school has been a blessing for us so far. The 3 languages are wonderful. Wish we would have had this option from kindergarten like some will have. Academics and attention to dicioline have been wonderful. Sports are still offered but not as big a priority. The arts have been as good or better than any school we have attended. I would highly recommend you check it out and if i had kids starting school would tell you take hard hard look at it.
angus55
Normangee or GTFO!!!
KidDoc
AG
As a pediatrician that has been here 4 years now I would say Iola.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Muzzleblast
I live just north of Iola. Great schools.

Nice and quiet life out here
Spoony Love
AG
I second Normangee.

Its farther away but man I freaking love having made the move out there just before school started.

We came from huge schools as well and our kids have absolutely loved the change. Do it.
aggiegal99
Go check out the Iola VFD BBQ cook off this weekend if you want to get a feel for the people in Iola!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.