When do we treat our lawns?

1,937 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by greenerlawnscapes
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've googled and have read like 5 different opinions.
saltydog13
AG
Mid February for preemergent. Second treatment here in about a week or two
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Treatment for what? Your first pre-emergent should've gone down a couple weeks ago. Probably don't need to fertilize until end of this month unless you're going for an early green up.

Read this from Neil Sperry

https://neilsperry.com/notes/2015/02/early-spring-lawn-care/
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Thank you.

Sorry I meant a thumbs up
Old Ag 74
AG
You should wait until the end of March or first week in April to fertilize, after your grass has actively started growing. Pre-emergent herbicide should have been done toward the end of February, but it would be okay to go ahead and do it now.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Thank you. Also I forgot his name.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
It's a st Augustine lawn and I have a few of those brown circles due to how much rain we have had. Mainly back yard because it is lower and partially a swamp right now.
FishyLamar
AG
Get Scott's disease ex or anything with Azoxystrobin and put it out before the rain this weekend. If you fertilize your lawn in the spring, hold off until the disease is gone.
greenerlawnscapes
Pre-emergent for winter weeds should go down in the early fall. Pre-emergent for summer weeds should be going down now. If you already have a winter weed problem, pre-emergents won't help. You'll need a post emergent for that.

Unfortunately, we'll probably have a big problem with brown patch this spring with the wet winter. The fungus is no longer active after temps get to the 70's so by the time you see it the damage is done. Hope this helps!

If there is anything we can do to help, feel free to give us a call and we can tell you more about our lawn care services. 979-705-9545 or https://greenerlawnscapes.com/contact/

-Daniel Sherrod
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.