Wallis sued for wrongful death

4,520 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stupe
Vivificus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Former-Bryan-ISD-leader-named-in-wrongful-death-lawsuit-506683241.html

Wonder if anything will stick. He seems to be skilled at getting out of tight spots.

Lawsuit even names BISD.
Viv
cslifer
So a guy was having an affair in the workplace, got called out by his boss, and shot him self. And now it is his boss's boss's fault that he had the affair and shot himself when he got caught. Got it.
aggiepaintrain
AG
this seems like a stretch
FJB
JP76
An interesting read

https://kfdm.com/news/local/gallery/kfdmfox-4s-angel-san-juan-learns-of-wrongful-death-lawsuit-in-case-of-dennis-reeves#photo-2
MelsSass
This reads like a modern day Harper Valley PTA!!! So so sad for all involved!!
Tex Aggie
AG
I thought on the original report the man was found with the truck running in gear and his foot on the brake
Seems odd
victory
AG
What is said about Wallis in that link is very consistent with his previous employers.
Stupe
S
Everything that I've heard and read about Wallis is that he's a massive jerk, but it's not his fault that this guy was sleeping around and killed himself when he got caught.
isitjustme
AG
I hope Wallis gets his comeuppance at some point. As for as I'm concerned, this suit would be a good way to do that even if he's not responsible - it's called karma.

On another note, I hope OP accidentally used the big smiley face. After all, a person with a family did kill himself and a bully named Wallis helped him towards that decision.
halibut sinclair
Stupe said:

Everything that I've heard and read about Wallis is that he's a massive jerk, but it's not his fault that this guy was sleeping around and killed himself when he got caught.

Read the document.
Love Gun
I read the whole thing. It focuses not just on Wallis, but the mayor, school board, etc. being a mafia of sorts. It says that Wallis was hired to get rid of the principal by being the bully that he is. After all that I read of him, I completely believe it. It also goes on to say that much of the way this went down can be tied to a conspiracy.

I can see how small town big wigs can get power hungry and want to oust others from previous regimes just so they can install their buddies.

The most damning part is where they claim the principal's resignation letter he wrote before his suicide was verified to be a forgery.
gettingitdone
I believe the affair was something in the past that Wallis tried to use against him to get him to quit.
halibut sinclair
According to the linked document, both parties had previously testified that the affair never happened. Wallis coerced the woman into admitting it had happened so they could get rid of the principal.
Vivificus
AG
agrab86 said:

I hope Wallis gets his comeuppance at some point. As for as I'm concerned, this suit would be a good way to do that even if he's not responsible - it's called karma.

On another note, I hope OP accidentally used the big smiley face. After all, a person with a family did kill himself and a bully named Wallis helped him towards that decision.

Picked the face on purpose, probably not in good taste admittedly. Couldn't change it afterwards, so it is what it is. It was aimed at Wallis not the family of the man.

I have always felt Wallis should never have received a severance from BISD, I don't agree with my tax dollars going to pay him off. I think with the laundry list of offenses he committed he should have been kicked to the curb. I still don't understand why he got a recommendation and wonder if that could put BISD in a bad position. Obviously the recommendation has put BISD in a bad position as it is referred to in the lawsuit.
Viv
Carnwellag2
Quote:

thats a stretch
Love Gun
Carnwellag2 said:

Quote:

thats a stretch

Not at all. Wallis pushed an agenda in the only way he knows how.
Stupe
S
halibut sinclair said:

Stupe said:

Read the document.
I did. It read like an East Texas short story written by an East Texas high school student.

"The Cabal" "The Player"

"Some were heroes...."

Vivificus
AG
Stupe,

I agree, I'm not a lawyer, but it seemed very strange. It was worded more like a murder mystery novel than a legal document.
Viv
Stupe
S
This situation surrounding that is tragic, but that being filed as a legal brief is laughable.
Stupe
S
Someone is going to sit on the witness stand at that civil trial wearing a button down shirt that is cammo or has cammo highlights.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.