Suddenlink Out?

4,296 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 8RB8
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else having issues with Suddenlink Internet? Went down around 2:45 last night and has been out since.

They claim there is an outage in the area, won't even send me to a live person when I call, and the automated system said "2 hours." It has been much longer.

Edit: Not just Internet, everything Suddenlink is out.
fishngame06
AG
Where you located?

Ours is working fine out here in Castlegate.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Working fine here by cshs.
Rapier108
Copperfield area. Can back for a few minutes and just cut out again.
OnlyANobody
Ours is working in Copperfield.
Rapier108
It's back, again. We'll see how long it lasts this time.
missylew
ours went out about 10 last night and still isn't on again in CG2
NellCote71
Mine is incredibly slow, more so than usual.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Works for me.

phatpat21
Anyone elses internet out on this fine evening?
AG @ HEART
Hard time pulling up any pages on the computer. Reset modem and router but speeds are sloooow. Price keeps increasing but the service gets slower
phatpat21
funny how that happens huh? I swear everytime we have canceled our cable but kept the internet, we would always seem to have problems all of a sudden. It's pathetic
ThatSneakyAzzAleppoMoment

Hot Garbage!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Damn! Just checked and mine is pretty slow right now too.

BCStalk
Gigabit connection here

phatpat21
We've had crappy internet the past couple weeks
Not sure what's going on
Tim Weaver
Had several stutters and stops all day yesterday. We had netflix going while working on a kitchen remodel.

BTW, *****t's Creek is a really funny show. It's basically the Beverly Hillbillies in reverse.
AggieBarstool
Pretty dang fast and consistent -- like usual -- here by CS Walmart.

rockelle
Related question - did a quick search but didn't find the answer

What level of internet should I get from Suddenlink?

I'm signing up for new internet w Suddenlink. 2 person household. I use Youtube TV for my television (streaming), along with Netflix, Amazon, and use multiple devices (tablet, PC, phones, Alexa, etc). Hardly ever at the same time.

Suddenlink is offering:

400 Mbps $54.99 intro offer 1 year

• Unlimited Data
  • Up to 400 Mb download
  • Frequent User: Video uploading and Social Networking
  • Bandwidth fit for 4K devices

1 Gig $84.99 intro offer 1 year

• Unlimited Data
  • Up to 940 Mbps download
  • Heavy User: Gaming and HD streaming
  • Fastest speed available!

I don't know if I need the 1 Gig or is 400 Mbps ok???
nwspmp
rockelle said:

Related question - did a quick search but didn't find the answer

What level of internet should I get from Suddenlink?

I'm signing up for new internet w Suddenlink. 2 person household. I use Youtube TV for my television (streaming), along with Netflix, Amazon, and use multiple devices (tablet, PC, phones, Alexa, etc). Hardly ever at the same time.

Suddenlink is offering:

400 Mbps $54.99 intro offer 1 year

• Unlimited Data
  • Up to 400 Mb download
  • Frequent User: Video uploading and Social Networking
  • Bandwidth fit for 4K devices

1 Gig $84.99 intro offer 1 year

• Unlimited Data
  • Up to 940 Mbps download
  • Heavy User: Gaming and HD streaming
  • Fastest speed available!

I don't know if I need the 1 Gig or is 400 Mbps ok???

If you can't think of a good reason to need the gigabit, the 400 should do just fine. I have several TVs with streaming (we don't have conventional service; only DTVNow, Netflix, Hulu and Prime) and at last check this morning 17 different devices online at a time and the 400mbit has been just fine.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I was on the 400 and use youtubetv, netflix, amazon, etc. Two kids, multiple devices streaming at some time. 400 was fine. I'm on gigabit now because we recently moved and the deal on that ended up being a few bucks cheaper a month than the 400.
Tim Weaver
400 will be fine unless you have a family that all watches stuff at the same time. We are a family of 4 and there have been times where all 4 of us will be streaming something different. Gigabit keeps up with that, but 400 wouldn't.....
momtaxi
Don't waste your money on the gig speed. Most devices won't/ or won't be able to get that speed anyways. We have the 400 speed and with 4 people streaming,playing games etc it works great with no issues. Just make sure you get a good router and modem and it will work well for you
nwspmp
Tim Weaver said:

400 will be fine unless you have a family that all watches stuff at the same time. We are a family of 4 and there have been times where all 4 of us will be streaming something different. Gigabit keeps up with that, but 400 wouldn't.....
Not to be too contrarian, but why would that be the case?

Even if you doubled the bandwidth requirements for 4K from Netflix (the highest of the conventional services) to 50Mbps, four streams of 4K is only 200Mbps, half of the provided service. Couple in loss and overhead of 50Mbps (again generous) and you've still got an overhead of 150Mbps to work with.

The most important things for smooth operation are a good quality router or router/WiFi combo, a good cable modem, and good quality in-house wiring.
AggieBarstool
nwspmp said:

Tim Weaver said:

Not to be too contrarian, but why would that be the case?

Even if you doubled the bandwidth requirements for 4K from Netflix (the highest of the conventional services) to 50Mbps, four streams of 4K is only 200Mbps, half of the provided service. Couple in loss and overhead of 50Mbps (again generous) and you've still got an overhead of 150Mbps to work with.

The most important things for smooth operation are a good quality router or router/WiFi combo, a good cable modem, and good quality in-house wiring.
You're not being contrarian, you're being correct. No one needs the gig service for streaming of that nature. I'd buy it only if it was cheaper than the 400mbps service.
aggiepaintrain
AG
so I finally called them and acted like I had frontier coming out next week to set up service
and bingo they dropped my bill by $50 a month

and believe it or not they were really nice about it
FJB
8RB8
Past two weeks I've lost internet connection periodically every couple of hours. Have had to unplug/plug back in the router. (I live in Creek Meadows)

Anyone else having these problems recently? Could the problem be the router I rent from Suddenlink?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.