Spring Loop & University

4,041 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by techno-ag
csnole
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When I drive down Spring Loop it always smells horrible - like a sewer. Anyone else notice?
Average Joe
AG
It's probably the wastewater treatment plant that's right off of it.
Fleen
You didn't wonder why everyone calls it Poop Loop?
histag10
AG
I still wonder how red lobster stays open there...
trouble
AG
It's Spring Poop.
toolshed
AG
They are servicing it now and supposed to be putting lids on the tanks. Hopefully that helps with the stink? I imagine it's a welcomed change for all the restaurants and people living down wind. Hopefully it works!!

I shudder and laugh every time I see people fishing in the creek on the east side of 6 N of University!! I imagine people reeling in fish with bits of TP on them!
csnole
I never knew there was a wastewater treatment plant back there but yep that's exactly what I'm smelling. Thanks MyBCS!!
BCStalk
MyBCS....I forgot about that domain.
4lilmonkeys
trouble said:

It's Spring Poop.

Ahem. It's POOP LOOP.
trouble
AG
It's been Spring Poop since before I moved here the first time
meezermom
I've never understood how University ended up being restaurant row with that stench over there. The idea of sitting outside at any restaurant on University near that intersection is revolting.
BQ_90
AG
meezermom said:

I've never understood how University ended up being restaurant row with that stench over there. The idea of sitting outside at any restaurant on University near that intersection is revolting.
I've never smelled anything from any of those restaurants. I drive Spring Loop every day and you don't smell anything unless the weather is just right to create an inversion.
BCStalk
meezermom said:

Keeps people from lingering around after they are done eating. Pretty smart marketing if you ask me.
Stupe
S
4lilmonkeys said:

trouble said:

It's Spring Poop.

Ahem. It's POOP LOOP.
You're full of crap.

It's Spring Poop.
rhoswen
AG
I always knew it as Poop Loop too.
nwspmp
It's been Poop Loop as long as I can remember.
RDH80
AG
poop loop
trouble
AG
We're showing our age, stupe.
dubi
AG
trouble said:

We're showing our age, stupe.
YOU ARE NOT OLD.

That would make me really old!
gus1390
AG
poop loop
trouble
AG
Pretty sure stupe is younger than me by a couple years
dubi
SchnauzerMom
I've been here my whole life (34 years) and it has always been either poop loop or dookie loop.
trouble
AG
And my ex was born in Bryan 45 years ago and lived there until he was an adult. He's the one who taught me Spring Poop.
jello123
That wastewater treatment plant has been there LONG before any development in that area.
CrazyAgE
trouble said:

It's been Spring Poop since before I moved here the first time

I've been here 43 years and it's always been "Spring Loop that smells like s&@t" since I've known it
one MEEN Ag
AG
It always smelled like saving money to me.

Those fourplexes were $500 a month for a 2 bed 2 bath when I was a grad student. Cheapest living I ever did.

doubledog
meezermom said:

Same is true for Emerald Forrest and to some extent the Raintree sub divisions. When they started building houses there my wife asked, "Why would they build houses next to or down wind of the Carter Creek "turd grinder". I thought maybe the developer was able to purchase the land "on the cheap" because it was next to a sewage plant. FYI my friends who live there say they only smell the plant on rare occasions.
Belton Ag
AG
histag10 said:

I still wonder how red lobster stays open there...
It's a chain restaurant. A chain! How could anyone tell the difference?

/Aggieland board snobs
Rapier108
It's been stinking big time the last couple of days.

Hopefully all of the improvements they claim to be doing will help, but somehow I doubt it.

20 years from now, the class of 2043 will be talking about the stink.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
techno-ag
AG
doubledog said:

meezermom said:

Same is true for Emerald Forrest and to some extent the Raintree sub divisions. When they started building houses there my wife asked, "Why would they build houses next to or down wind of the Carter Creek "turd grinder". I thought maybe the developer was able to purchase the land "on the cheap" because it was next to a sewage plant. FYI my friends who live there say they only smell the plant on rare occasions.
Yeah they've done a pretty good job of smell mitigation over the years. As for subdivisions, don't forget Pebble Creek is near the old city dump.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.