Fiber Internet Questions

7,983 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cz308
BrazosWifi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have a high response rate on our http://ineedbetterinternet.com website when we post it or send out mailers.

Some respondents say the service is too expensive with $75 for 100mbps (unlimited data) and $100 for 1Gbps (unlimited data).

I am curious what the collective wisdom of TexAgs thinks the pricing should be.

Keep in mind that a true 100mbps will handle dozens of video streams simultaneously. This isn't Suddenlink speeds where it looks good on speed tests but sucks otherwise.

Thanks!
Jim
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
BCStalk
You look pretty well priced for the packages. Probably people seeing Suddenlinks "introductory" pricing.
Tailgate88
AG
I would be thrilled to pay that. Paying $100 for 7-10Mbs now and it often is lower.
EBrazosAg
AG
I'd pay $150-200 a month for that. Paying 100 for promised 10-15, actual 2-7 from one of your competitors now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dennis Reynolds
I pay more for 100mbps and don't even get unlimited data. So I'd say you're good.
KaneIsAble
AG
You are inline (or better) than the fiber provider I'm using south of town.

And to clarify, I'm paying for 200 mb and my last download speed ranged from 28.1 to 43.4 though wifi.
MasterOfNone
That pricing seems fair. I am in town and would switch from Suddenlink at that price.
Rearview
AG
That seems very competitive to me. I'd pay it (especially if my other choices were DSL or wireless to a tower)
boredatwork08
AG
I would pay that just to stop paying Suddenlink
saltydog13
AG
I'd pay that. Plus with your 25% discount for prepaying a year that brings it down to either $56 for 100mb or $75 for 1gig.

Survey filled out as well
jagouar1
AG
I think those prices look pretty good. Personally I would offer 3 tiers because some people just don't need speed.

50 mbit for ~$60
500 mbit for ~$85
1 gbps for ~$110

Do you have a rough idea on where the service will be expanding? I filled out the survey but we are moving to the new phase of creek meadows and those addresses don't exist in google's database yet so I can't update my survey.

BrazosWifi
jagouar1 said:

Do you have a rough idea on where the service will be expanding? I filled out the survey but we are moving to the new phase of creek meadows and those addresses don't exist in google's database yet so I can't update my survey.

Thanks for the feedback on the pricing. Good ideas.

Creek meadows is currently not on our list but it could very well be a good location.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
saltydog13
AG
Is snook an interest area? There's a new subdivision being developed that will end up being 200 houses here which will completely render Rise Broadband useless with the overloaded tower at peak times
BrazosWifi
saltydog13 said:

Is snook an interest area? There's a new subdivision being developed that will end up being 200 houses here which will completely render Rise Broadband useless with the overloaded tower at peak times
I'm always open to new locations. Can you send me an e-mail with some info on that subdivision?

Jim@BrazosWiFi.com
saltydog13
AG
Email sent
Gigem314
AG
I would gladly pay $75 for 100mbps fiber over the $90+ that I pay for SL's 200mpbs that they raise the rates on at least twice a year.
dave99ag
AG
I'd drop Suddenlink like a bad habit the moment fiber is available in my neighborhood. I think plenty others would too!
ratfacemcdougal
DERAIL....

Tell me more about this Snook development please.
Geralt of Rivia
S
The service area map shows that you are in Wellborn now. Is that new? I always thought my only internet option was Suddenlink, and I'm paying $100 a month for 200mbps
SARATOGA
I'd pay $100 bucks for something unlimited where I never noticed "buffering" delays, or have to stare at spinning circles and multiple devices can similarly run without issues.

How are you with low spots ? Ex: Bottomland
M2Spider
AG
I also would drop Suddenlink in a heart beat for fiber at that price. I live in Shenandoah in south CS.
saltydog13
AG
All I known is it's a multiple phase development with the first phase underway now that'll be 40 homes. No clue who the builder is or anything.
histag10
AG
After seeing my most recent SuddenLink bill, I'd just about kill for those prices
momtaxi
I don't know what y'all are getting for speed vs price. I'm paying $120 from SL for 400 mbps and phone.
rich1
AG
I pay about 100/month for 18M fiber internet at my rural property in limestone county. The ISP(phone company) does not offer higher speeds. Service is great and we often have multiple devices streaming Netflix, Espn etc without buffering. I would be happy to pay double for higher uploads (due to security cameras) Your pricing looks like a heck of a deal.
ChampsAg
I will walk Forest Lakes and sign people up to get it. I posted on Nextdoor and I don't think that people understood the survey for some reason.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
I'm paying $60/month, and the speed test I just did was 67 down and 14 up. Not awful, but it only seems to work 75% of the time.
CrazyAgE
Sorry for my ignorance....

We are basically behind Rock Prairie Elem....can we switch to you if we wanted to and get those speeds/price??
BrazosWifi
CrazyAgE said:

We are basically behind Rock Prairie Elem....can we switch to you if we wanted to and get those speeds/price??

Not at this time. For us to offer those prices, we have to run new fiber lines through town.
We are still collecting information on where the most demand is before we start running those lines.
BrazosWifi
ChampsAg said:

I will walk Forest Lakes and sign people up to get it. I posted on Nextdoor and I don't think that people understood the survey for some reason.

Interesting. I *thought* it was pretty clear.
Any suggestions on how to clear up the confusion?
BrazosWifi
SARATOGA said:

I'd pay $100 bucks for something unlimited where I never noticed "buffering" delays, or have to stare at spinning circles and multiple devices can similarly run without issues.

How are you with low spots ? Ex: Bottomland

For the wireless, it all depends on line of sight.
If it is clear LOS, then we can deliver the speeds advertised on our website without issue.
Turf-Ag02
AG
We are located in Great Oaks, is your service available there?
saltydog13
AG
His website shows the service area
ukbb2003
CrazyAgE said:

I'm in the same area and I filled out the sure. Would love to have this.
ChampsAg
not sure that everyone realized that they could take the survey. nothing on your end. posted it on nextdoor and some people didn't take it because they have ceo.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.