Fiber Internet Questions

7,987 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cz308
BrazosWifi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChampsAg said:

posted it on nextdoor and some people didn't take it because they have ceo.

To be honest, those are the ones that really could use better internet. They should do the survey.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
dave99ag
AG
To be honest, most on Nextdoor probably shouldn't have the Internet.
talich
Speed is not the biggest issue. The biggest issue is stable connection. Suddenlink's service can be cut or experiencing severe slow-down yet come back again in one or two days, and the service representative cannot give any explanation but want me to pay for a technician.

I would say $70 is a good price if the service quality can be ensured.
skeetboy3
AG
Would love competition for Suddenlink (Spring Meadows). Hoping that the Midtown development (if it happens) leads to some fiber being laid through our neighborhood.
merc
AG
skeetboy3 said:

Would love competition for Suddenlink (Spring Meadows). Hoping that the Midtown development (if it happens) leads to some fiber being laid through our neighborhood.

Absolutely agree. This area is getting too large for Suddenlink not to have some serious competition. I am not a big fan of them.
BrazosWifi
Thanks for all the input guys!
Post removed:
by user
Tariny
I'd much rather give you my money than Suddenlink. I took the survey, and I will 100% drop Suddenlink for your service.
AggieBarstool
FYI, I noticed this:

Quote:

• Fiber internet is FAST! Speeds of at least 1000 mbps. Gigabit speeds available soon.

Is that supposed to read 1000mbps or 100mbps? Otherwise, the "Gigabit speeds available soon" doesn't make sense.

You also misspelled "recieve" where it says "If paid up-front, recieve a 10% discount."
BrazosWifi
AggieBarstool said:

FYI, I noticed this:

Quote:

• Fiber internet is FAST! Speeds of at least 1000 mbps. Gigabit speeds available soon.

Is that supposed to read 1000mbps or 100mbps? Otherwise, the "Gigabit speeds available soon" doesn't make sense.

You also misspelled "recieve" where it says "If paid up-front, recieve a 10% discount."

Dang. Yep, it should be 100mbps and that spelling error is glaring!
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
Ajollyag
BrazosWifi said:

We have a high response rate on our http://ineedbetterinternet.com website when we post it or send out mailers.

Some respondents say the service is too expensive with $75 for 100mbps (unlimited data) and $100 for 1Gbps (unlimited data).

I am curious what the collective wisdom of TexAgs thinks the pricing should be.

Keep in mind that a true 100mbps will handle dozens of video streams simultaneously. This isn't Suddenlink speeds where it looks good on speed tests but sucks otherwise.

Thanks!
Jim

About to build a house in green branch ridge. Noticed it looks like yall plan on doing fiber services in nearby heritage lakes. Any plans to move over to green branch ridge too?
BrazosWifi
ajolly said:

BrazosWifi said:

We have a high response rate on our http://ineedbetterinternet.com website when we post it or send out mailers.

Some respondents say the service is too expensive with $75 for 100mbps (unlimited data) and $100 for 1Gbps (unlimited data).

I am curious what the collective wisdom of TexAgs thinks the pricing should be.

Keep in mind that a true 100mbps will handle dozens of video streams simultaneously. This isn't Suddenlink speeds where it looks good on speed tests but sucks otherwise.

Thanks!
Jim

About to build a house in green branch ridge. Noticed it looks like yall plan on doing fiber services in nearby heritage lakes. Any plans to move over to green branch ridge too?

We are waiting on some permits right now. It is scheduled for the next expansion.
Old Ag 74
AG
I'm in Indian Lakes and I know there are many in the area who would love to have an alternative to Suddenlink. Hope you will consider expansion out there.
BrazosWifi
Old Ag 74 said:

I'm in Indian Lakes and I know there are many in the area who would love to have an alternative to Suddenlink. Hope you will consider expansion out there.

We are finishing up Millican Reserve here in March (weather permitting) and then we are queuing up the next areas.
Muzzleblast
Any updates for the Cross Community north of Iola?

Hoping you got the Cross tower problem sorted.
8RB8
dave99ag said:

I'd drop Suddenlink like a bad habit the moment fiber is available in my neighborhood. I think plenty others would too!
Jon Ponder 08
AG
Agree with the majority on here. Would drop suddenlink if I could pay 100 for 1G unlimited! Off of Barron by CSHS.
Oogway
The obvious dome over Bryan and College Station on your coverage map is sad. Although we have never had a problem with our cable/internet going out being that we're in midtown, it would be nice if Suddenlink had some direct competition or failing that, had the type of customer service you provide.
cz308
We must be one of the lucky ones. Paying for 200 Mbps and getting 208 to 218Mbps with Suddenlink. I do wished there were other options though.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.