Last Chance for GS Cookies!

1,334 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jrhmc
jrhmc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Girl Scout cookies go away for another year after this Sunday. Girls will be selling in front of most stores Thursday through Sunday and Double Daves on Rock Prairie tomorrow night. Stock is running low so get your favorites before we run out!
Oogway
We drove by the DD tonight a little before 7pm. No Scouts. We may have been too early/late. Where would be some good places to stock up the rest of the week?
Belton Ag
AG
I had a garage full of those things. When my wife brought them home Last year for the first time I said "how in the heck are we going to sell this many boxes of cookies?" There was a mountain of them. Turns out just about every box was sold. Same thing again this year. I never realized how crazy people get for them.
jrhmc
AG
Oogway said:

We drove by the DD tonight a little before 7pm. No Scouts. We may have been too early/late. Where would be some good places to stock up the rest of the week?
That's sad. My scouts left at 6 because they were told that another group had the 6-8 time slot. It's annoying because they would have stayed and have plenty of cookies.
jrhmc
AG
Oogway said:

They'll be at the new HEB at Jones Crossing from 4-6 tomorrow or you can buy from whatever troop has the spot behind them from 6-8. Let me know if you get desperate and can't find girls and I'll look up where others will be.
Oogway
Thanks!
There are a few family members who would like for mom to stock up (i.e. put a box or two in the freezer) so I'll be on the lookout. Love to send the young ladies to Camp Howdy to be outdoors so if you all sell out before we arrive that is still great news!
CrazyAgE
My apologies, but other than maybe the, what I call, three basic ones - Samoas, Thin mints, and maybe the Shortbread, I'm not impressed by the others, especially at $4/box. I thought the new gluten free ones would be a hit, but I threw those away. Also the Thanksalots were horrible. I've only kept the Samoas ( yes, that's what I still call them). Just my $0.02
jrhmc
AG
CrazyAgE said:

My apologies, but other than maybe the, what I call, three basic ones - Samoas, Thin mints, and maybe the Shortbread, I'm not impressed by the others, especially at $4/box. I thought the new gluten free ones would be a hit, but I threw those away. Also the Thanksalots were horrible. I've only kept the Samoas ( yes, that's what I still call them). Just my $0.02
No apologies necessary. If it wasn't such a good teaching tool and learning opportunity, I wouldn't ever have any GS cookies either but I've seen the growth and the lessons my girls have learned over 11 years of sales and that part is invaluable. I don't think I've eaten a single cookie in 2 years, though. The cookie sale isn't about the cookies, though. If it was, we'd sell them year round on store shelves instead of standing outside in the cold like crazy people.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.