Can we get the lanes re-striped on University Drive?

7 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ijoan
Tex Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's bad when you can see both old and supposedly new white dashes east bound especially between Bizell and Texas.
No one knows to follow the curved lines or straight ones
Aggie
AG
Most in this town don't follow the lines anyway.

Especially on a double turn... every freaking time .. if I'm in the inside lane the idiot on the outside cuts it short... if I'm on the outside lane the idiot on the inside makes it wide.

Worst drivers in the world are right here in BCS.
doubledog
We have around 60,000 of the states worst drivers concentrated in College Station.
On top of that we have individuals who drive like they still live in Houston (speeding, weaving in traffic etc.) and drivers who think they still live in Snook (U turns in the middle of the road, park wherever you want and chat etc.)

The state should compensate College Station for housing their problem drivers in one location
rsa
AG
Aggie said:

Most in this town don't follow the lines anyway.

Especially on a double turn... every freaking time .. if I'm in the inside lane the idiot on the outside cuts it short... if I'm on the outside lane the idiot on the inside makes it wide.

Worst drivers in the world are right here in BCS.
Yep!

Add to them the members of the brain trust who wait until the lines for the on or off ramps split before deciding to enter or exit.
OnlyANobody
Wow. OP is exactly right. Usually, the only time I travel that route is after football games and there are so many of us moving in that direction that "making it up as we go", doesn't matter because no one knows any better and we're all doing the same thing.

Thursday, I came into town that way during lighter traffic. Thankfully, the "regulars" seemed to know that idiots like me had no idea how to navigate that section and stayed far enough away from each other to avoid my insurance company having to make a payout...
techno-ag
AG
doubledog said:

We have around 60,000 of the states worst drivers concentrated in College Station.
On top of that we have individuals who drive like they still live in Houston (speeding, weaving in traffic etc.) and drivers who think they still live in Snook (U turns in the middle of the road, park wherever you want and chat etc.)

The state should compensate College Station for housing their problem drivers in one location
Spot on. It seems like the wrecks increase every fall.
dallasiteinsa02
When headed north bound on 6, it was really a poor design to put the left exit for business 6 (Texas) in the far right lane.
95_Aggie
AG
What happened with the re-surfacing project on Fitch? Did they run out of funding?
O'Doyle Rules
AG
[insert city here] has the worst drivers!
dallasiteinsa02
O'Doyle Rules said:

[insert city here] has the worst drivers!

I think every city has their quirks. San Antonio Drivers treat yield signs like stop signs. If you are on the access road of 281, don't be surprised when the person in front of you comes to a complete stop when there isn't anyone exiting the highway for them to yield to. If someone is exiting the highway, they think the yield sign that you have on the access road is a permanent arraignment. You could be a mile down the road and they will cut over like they still have some standing over you because of the previously yield sign.
ijoan
Funny you mentioned this as my husband and I were just commenting on this issue last week. Time for re-striping!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.