Home Prices

3,967 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Carnwellag2
maddiedou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope I am wrong but I bet everybodys home value jumps 10 percent this year because the brazos appraisal distric will be catching hell to anticipate the tax cap
KaneIsAble
AG
Let them try - my appraisal is 6 months old stating otherwise.
Brewmaster
AG
We've seen 3 or 4 years of increases in a new home in Bryan. From what I've read it seems Texas real estate is due for a slow down, if not I will definitely fight it. An extra 4 to $500 a year in taxes every year is nuts! and painful on the budget.
Muzzleblast
There's no actual cap in the new reform. There is a trigger point at 2.5% that calls for voter approval.

Kacel and Swartner are both against the voters having the final say. Their argument is that you elected them to tell you what you need to pay. Fact is, our legislature has failed us. The last reforms were easily circumvented by tax authorities. Interest rates averaged 8.5% when this was last visited.

My message to our so called conservative legislators is that if you won't protect taxpayers we'll protect ourselves.

Tons of spin and outright lies floating around on this issue.

For the truth about what's in SB2 and HB2 look up Texas Public Policy Forum.
Carnwellag2
The deal with any vote is that the majority of the people who vote have their taxes frozen.

Much like the democrats most don't pay taxes anyway
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.