Be nice to your florist today...

1,327 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by powerbelly
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Be nice.. Their costs quadruple for valentines, and they have a lot of stress to deal with and zero sleep for the past 3-4 days..

So be nice..

And also any other businesses who are specializing in valentines day stuff...
91_Aggie
AG
no one should ever be rude to retail employees, but this is a time for those businesses to make lots of money.
They are the ones who need to make sure they are "on point" for providing excellent service to the people who are trading their money for their products and services.

If Valentine's Day is too stressful for them, then maybe they should be in a different business. "Oh man, look at all these people wanting to purchase my products and make my business successful. I sure hope they know how much of a burden this is for me to take their money"

AggieBaseball06
AG
Do their costs actually quadruple? Do their prices go up as well? Does any florist understand supply and demand and price equilibrium?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Or, be a real man, pick up the flowers yourself and deliver them yourself.

Or, deny the urge to give in to one of the most contrived "holidays" in existence. There are 364 (365 in leap years) other days you could really surprise your special someone with an out-of-the-blue gift. Imagine the Brownie points with that.

Yes, I am a lot of fun at parties and special occasions.
studioone

yes... their price for roses increase dramatically just for valentines... then they have to hire everyone, etc...

and they have to charge their normal prices because everyone else is competing against them...

Florist sometimes loose money on valentines day just because of their costs... but they have to do it because of the demand..

and please don't give me that mess of 'oh, if they can't stand the mess, they should find another job'... that's easy to say coming from someone with a 8-5 cushy job who has a guaranteed salary even if he's sick and cant come to work..
91_Aggie
AG
studioone said:

and please don't give me that mess of 'oh, if they can't stand the mess, they should find another job'... that's easy to say coming from someone with a 8-5 cushy job who has a guaranteed salary even if he's sick and cant come to work..
you do hear what you are saying right???

Are these florists being forced to be a florist?!?!?
I will reiterate. If they can't handle the stress of their BIGGEST holiday (maybe Mother's Day too), then maybe they shouldn't have decided to do all the following:
1. Think "Hey, I like flowers... i'll open a flower shop and run my own business."
2. Okay, i'm going to search out a location to open my flower shop.
3. Now I'm going to get loans/dip into savings/find investors so i can start my own flower shop.
4. Woohoo! I'm my own boss. I am the proud owner of a Flower shop.

If after they did all the above, and then they are surprised about the work involved or that Valentine's day sucks and they lose money on it, mayhaps, just mayhaps, they should have done a little more research into what they were getting into.

They weren't forced into being florists and that is the only thing they can do.
They chose that life.

So, yes, I can easily say: "If they can't stand the mess, they shouldn't have decided to be a florist"

I know when I went to HEB today, all the pre-built bouquets that are normally about $5-$8 were all a minimum of $20 to $40 today.

So, I'm pretty sure that dedicated florists stores do raise their prices on Valentine's.

trouble
AG
There are florists who don't raise their rates for Valentine's?
studioone
you know, i was just asking people to be nice to their florist today..

i didnt expect to get alll the negative trolls in BCS to jump on my butt...

Have a nice day...
trouble
AG
I don't see anyone trolling. You should be nice to service people every day.

You know who you should be really nice to this time of year? Tax folks. Your refund or amount due isn't their fault but they sure take the brunt of the crappy behavior.
powerbelly
AG
trouble said:

There are florists who don't raise their rates for Valentine's?
This.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.