Looking for a local start-up brewer

2,328 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by brundage
FILO505
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking at a property that's big enough to house a brewing and distribution location along with my bottling operation. Anybody know of anybody looking for a building to brew their beer?

Would be a joint venture in the building. Given the square footage, a micro brew would fit perfectly.
Max06
AG
Have you contacted Brew Supply Haus? Seems like they'd have a good idea if anyone looking.
Red Krow
You might reach out to Dean at Blake's Steaks. He was a co-owner and brew master for New Republic. He stepped away from that venture. Not sure if he would be interested due to his partnership at Blakes but he might be a good starting point to find a great local brewer.

Brew Haus would be a good contact and the local home brew club would be a good place to look.

Best of luck getting it off the ground. I will definitely come and drink your beer.
Brewmaster
AG
you rang?

all kidding aside, I've explored that path before, but stuck with my profession for the $ and kept brewing as a hobby.

see my reply below, you need $ and a pro. The bigger the $ the better. Smaller $ = just trying to break even or turn a small profit if run well.
FlyRod
A certain local Yelper used to boast of his home-brewing prowess...until nailed with a DUI at Northgate.

To echo the suggestion, Dean would def be good to talk to.
dave99ag
AG
Want to know how to make a million dollars with a brewery? Start with two million.

And yes, Dean would be a good person to bounce ideas off of.
Brewmaster
AG
dave99ag said:

Want to know how to make a million dollars with a brewery? Start with two million.

So true. And most brewers are not going to have money for start up (real money $$$). Likely you'll need an investor and a brewer to come up with enough equipment to put your bottling line to good use.

Nothing against local brewers, but I'd think bigger and more experience, like 512 brewing in Austin (Kevin Brand is the owner). Brewing in plastic tanks or a couple converted dairy tanks isn't going to touch a bottling line's capabilities...oh and please don't start off brewing in plastic, please!

and no that was not me at Northgate. If you can make good homebrew and have it on tap, why go anywhere?
brundage
Hey Tom. I'd be happy to chat with ya about the brewing scene. Drop by Blake's Steaks some time, I'm usually there and between 2 & 5 is a good time to catch me. Dean
--Dean
--
Unscrambler of eggs
[1709.5km, 224.8deg] Apparent Rennerian
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ideas by themselves are not worth anything, their value lies in implementation.
brundage
Also, thanks to everyone for keeping me in mind when it comes to brewing in Aggieland. I miss running a brewery and y'all give me encouragement to get back to it.
--Dean
--
Unscrambler of eggs
[1709.5km, 224.8deg] Apparent Rennerian
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ideas by themselves are not worth anything, their value lies in implementation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.