College Station Ford

9,966 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by halibut sinclair
D12Lloyd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Steven Wiley '97 was a great help to us in finding a car for our family. Great guy and Ag. Definitely recommend going to College Station Ford if you are looking for a new or used car.
Aggie
AG
I went to CS Ford a few months ago

Ended up getting the exact same truck at a different dealership for much much less

CS Ford wouldn't budge on their price
See ya
BCStalk
Bought 2 vehicles from Varsity and 1 from College Station Ford. Won't be back due to terrible service.
kyledr04
AG
I know someone who looked at a truck at CS Ford but the price and service were terrible. Went to another dealer and bought the exact same truck for a much better price and had the other dealer get it from CS Ford.
farmerJohnny
Oh man please don't get me started on College Station Ford. A few years ago wanted to trade in a 2 year old Escape for an Explorer. Went there, talked about trading our car in, get a general estimate of what to expect, then we were assigned to a college student (nice guy, don't get me wrong) to show us around. After spending half a day looking at different cars, we were ready to make a deal (we found the car online, and price looked good). As soon as we started talking, they started adding up all kids of "lot fees" etc, to the price, saying that the advertised price was the lowest they could go and that they showed that price to be competitive. So not only were they not willing to drop $1, they wanted to go up charging all kids of fees that I had never heard of before. Since we were tired by this time, we're like OK lets go on, we'll pay some of these fees. Then we wait 1 hour for them to estimate our trade-in. When they come back and tell me the trade-in value (aprox 35% less than market value) I just felt stupid. I don't know if I felt more humiliated like this before. I had just wasted my entire day to get undercut like that. Walked off and promised myself to never return to that place again.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Ive tried to work with them before. Several times. EXTREMELY pleasant people but not sharp. Not knowledgeable of their products. ....... and not within 5-6% of the right price.
legalbird
Great place to take a test drive!
dubi
AG
The staff in the service department suck.

Ford "I'm sorry, I can't help you I am NOT your service writer".
Me "I don't care who helps me. I just want to find out if my vehicle is ready"
Ford "Well, it would be better if you talk to your service writer. They will be up-to-date on your vehicle".
Me "Don't you both just look it up in the computer?"
Ford "Yes".

dave99ag
AG
How do you think they're going to pay for that car conveyor-belt thingy out front?
BCStalk
On the note of car dealers, specifically Ford. Does anyone have any recommendations for a place to shop at. Looking for a used 2016-2018 Ford F-150 with around 30k miles or less. I am already planning on looking at Navasota, but would appreciate y'alls input on other area dealerships.
AgsWin2011
AG
I've only bought one vehicle from there. A new F150 in 2015. I had shopped their price against 4-5 other dealers, even 1ags connection from the Auto forum. Nobody came close to CS Ford's price.

However, I feel like I'm one of the few in that case.

Also, their service department sucks. The bald guy behind the counter is a jerk. I went in there one time at 1pm on a Friday for a simple oil change. He looked at me and said "Can you pick it up on Monday?" I asked him what time they closed and he said 6-7 (can't remember). I asked what the deal was and he said they were just really busy and I would have to leave the truck there over the weekend. He was a smart@$s the whole time.

Another time I walked in to get my vehicle and he was pecking away at his keyboard and nobody was in line. I stood there for a good 4-5 minutes just looking at him before I finally said "Excuse me" and he said in a pissed off voice "Sir your just going to have to wait a minute." All I had to do was swipe my card for payment and get my keys so I could get back to my job. Can't stand the guy.
Bunk Moreland
My dad got a very good deal on a CPO King Ranch at the end of year 2017, but other than that I've struggled to ever see a good deal there. Sounds like he was one of the few in your scenario.

When I recently bought I scoured dealerships all over the major metro areas of Texas and that dealership was never within 5 grand of competitive.
Love Gun
I heard the same people own the new Mercedes (and probably BMW) places going up right now.

The thing about those cars is that there is no haggling those high prices and the price listed is the minimum of what you'll pay for it.
Txag_96
CS Ford offered me a ridiculously high price for my f150 back in 2015 and told me that I'd never get anywhere near the price I wanted. Went to Mac Haik Ford in Houston the next day and got out the door for lower than the price I wanted.
EMY92
AG
I bought a Raptor from CS Ford a year ago.

I actually found the one I wanted in Austin. The dealer in Austin wanted $7500 over sticker. CS Ford traded the Austin dealer for the truck and sold it for sticker.

I have met one person that found a Raptor for $1000 below sticker at a dealer in Ohio, but a majority sell for above sticker. CS Ford beat many other dealers for that sale.
75AG
AG
Love Gun said:

I heard the same people own the new Mercedes (and probably BMW) places going up right now.

The thing about those cars is that there is no haggling those high prices and the price listed is the minimum of what you'll pay for it.
I've purchased two BMWs from Brazos Valley BMW (soon to be College Station BMW), and this is very false. They're good people and actually beat an offer I had from a Houston dealer.
Love Gun
75AG said:

Love Gun said:

I've purchased two BMWs from Brazos Valley BMW (soon to be College Station BMW), and this is very false. They're good people and actually beat an offer I had from a Houston dealer.

Not calling you a liar, but you need to read my post again. I said I heard the Mercedes place was owned by the Ford people. What I wasn't sure about was if they were both owned by them.

No one is knocking you for buying BMW's. Relax. Deep breath now.
WTM
Yes, the same automotive group owns Ford, VW, Hyundai, Mazda, BMW and Mercedes.

I may be the odd person out here, but i have purchased 3 trucks since 2012 from them. I actually enjoy the game of buying cars and hunting for the best deal. First truck there was a little bit of a fight to get the price I wanted. Second two were great deals that none of the Houston dealers would beat.
saltydog13
AG
Does the same company now own College Station Toyota as well?
Oh and I would walk before buying a vehicle from college station ford. They tried to upsell me despite telling them exactly what I wanted and then it was a pain in the ass to get my keys back after they did their trade in inspection.
CN
Love Gun said:

75AG said:

Love Gun said:

Not calling you a liar, but you need to read my post again. I said I heard the Mercedes place was owned by the Ford people. What I wasn't sure about was if they were both owned by them.

I'm with you on this. I've never had any luck dealing with the local BMW dealership. The last time I tried to buy from them I offered $1000 over invoice and the salesman (who's been there a long time so you know who he is) looked at me like I had 2 heads. He wouldn't settle for anything less than $2500 over invoice. I typically try to pay close to invoice but I was trying to buy local so I thought I was being generous with my offer. I ended up getting it elsewhere for a few hundred over invoice. I had the same experience with the Toyota dealership. I don't even bother with the local dealerships anymore as it just seems to be a waste of time.
Broncos
Attempted to use CS Ford in 2015 and won't ever go back.
75AG
AG
Love Gun said:

75AG said:

Love Gun said:

Both the Mercedes place and the BMW place are owned by the same company. I'm breathing just fine!
Love Gun
75AG said:

Love Gun said:

75AG said:

Love Gun said:

Both the Mercedes place and the BMW place are owned by the same company. I'm breathing just fine!

Ok. I guess they own CS Ford, too. Thanks for comfirming my original post
75AG
AG
That could be.
Bob2525
Tomball Dodge/Ram and Ford across the street. Worth the drive.
UmustBKidding
Both owned by same people as Cs Ford
happyinBCS
I have been shopping for a new 2018 Ford F 150 of course I did not go to CS Ford but tried my best to do business with the Caldwell Ford dealership same truck bought at the Huntsville Ford dealer for 2100.00 less I really hate the car buying experience my profile is so simple cash difference I think what really bothered me about the Caldwell dealer is throughout a week of trying to give them my money the sales manager said I wore a polo shirt ???? so I could afford their deal Just wish the car business could pull themselves out of the gutter
Bryanisbest
AG
College Station Ford spicifically excluded Bryan so I will not be buying anything from them. Thanks
75AG
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Both owned by same people as Cs Ford

Just did a little research, and you are correct: they are both owned by Keating Auto Group. Ben Keating is an Ag Class of '94, and owns a bunch of car dealers across Texas. There's a good amount of info on him on his Wikipedia page. Apparently, he's quite an accomplished race car driver and owner.
91_Aggie
AG
Bryanisbest said:

College Station Ford spicifically excluded Bryan so I will not be buying anything from them. Thanks

Username checks out
DFWag84
self made?
UmustBKidding
From people that know him personally they say he is a good guy. And my understanding is that lots of his dealerships are highly rated, he likely is hands off dealing and busy with his racing pursuits. But know that CS Ford could stand a lot of improvement.
BCStalk
Not that it's going to hurt their business any, but we opted out of buying from College Station until they fix their service department and customer service(won't happen of course). Purchased a truck last week from Navasota and will have it serviced in Caldwell. We had a far better experience with this truck then our last car from College Station Ford.
lockett93
AG
saltydog13 said:

Does the same company now own College Station Toyota as well?

Different owners... the Toyota group is headquartered in Costa Rica....
GSS
Late to the party with a Varsity/CS Ford story: almost 20 yrs ago, decided I wanted a F-250 w/diesel, dark color, manual transmission.

Sat down with sales guy, stated my interest-- (SG) "I think we might have what you're interested in"...and we walked out to the lot, for me to see a white truck w/automatic (groan).

No, that's not even close. I am happy to order what I want (and back then, "invoice + $500 to $1000 often sealed the deal"). (SG) "I can't do that ($500+ inv), I just sold my Dad a truck, couldn't even give him that deal"

I got up to leave, and... (SG) "Wait, let me talk to the sales mgr (knew that was coming)" (SG) "okay we will order it for $500 over invoice"...and I held back my response to SG "if you even have a Dad, or know who your Dad is, you sure screwed him" Slimy dealings, got my truck, never darkened their door again. Except to have to use their crummy service department (once).
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.