Recycling Plastics 3-7

1,768 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jetty
amanda04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know of a location locally where you can drop-off plastics 3-7, including styrofoam?
RecycleCSTX
TAMU Drop-Off accepts all types of plastic, with the exception of styrofoam. You may find take-back options for packaging material, but you should ask shippers (FedEx, UPS, etc.) in advance.

I am not aware of any locations in the Brazos Valley Region that accepts styrofoam.
Jetty
AG
I did not know TAMU drop off accepted those numbers. Great info! Can we also drop off plastic film- is that what it's called? Like shopping bags? Thanks!!
95_Aggie
AG
Most big grocery stores recycle plastic shopping bags
Jetty
AG
Thanks, but I was wondering about the film .. not plastic bags directly. I use reusable but I volunteer at the church pantry and most of the cases of cans are wrapped in plastic. I was wondering if that's ok to put in the TAMU drop off recycling bin.
K2T2
Jetty said:

Thanks, but I was wondering about the film .. not plastic bags directly. I use reusable but I volunteer at the church pantry and most of the cases of cans are wrapped in plastic. I was wondering if that's ok to put in the TAMU drop off recycling bin.

Grocery stores will take plastic film, here's the exact text from HEB's website:

"In addition, we provide in-store [it's actually right outside the store where you'd pick up a cart] recycling for plastic bags, newspaper sleeves, outer wrap, 6-pack rings, and dry cleaning bags."

Its sounds like the plastic film you're talking about would be covered under outer wrap!
Jetty
AG
PERFECT!!! Thanks!!!
UmustBKidding
Most of the recycling containers at HEB have 4 icons, bags and three others. Every HEB I have been to has the other 3 Xed out with what looks like sharpie. Know the one at tower point has that. Don't know if corporate sanctioned but looks like they don't want anything but bags.
amanda04
AG
Thanks for the info RecycleCSTX!

We have a box that we purchase every couple of months to send off non-locally recyclables, so I guess we'll just keep putting styrofoam in there, but this helps a lot!
Jetty
AG
Tell me about this box please!? Where do you get it?
amanda04
AG
You have to be REALLY committed to recycling for these boxes.

https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/zero_waste_boxes

We buy the all-in-one box, so you can throw pretty much anything in there. (https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/zero_waste_boxes/no-separation) It has cut down on our trash immensely. This week, we didn't even have a full bag of trash for trash day.
Jetty
AG
Very cool! Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.