Green pozole

2,361 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AG @ HEART
Jim65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where and on what days does anyone in B/CS serve GREEN pozole? Seems like every place only serves the red variety.

Would especially appreciate a sit-down place that serves all the traditional garnishes.

TIA
mtec
Sorry I can't answer your question but have you found a favorite location for the red variety?
AggieBarstool
I've literally never heard of GREEN pozole, and I grew up in a border town in Texas.
K2T2
If you can't find any and still want to push the easy button, HEB has some either HEB or Central Market brand green pozole in a glass bottle.
dallasiteinsa02
Food and Wine had a really good recipe late last year for a red one. I am sure you could change the chilies.
FlyRod
Occasionally Sal's Garpez has it, and its very good. Occasionally El Sol has it...not so good.
Carny89
Green pazole is more central Mexico. I had some not to long ago. Still tastes very good. Pica a bit more than the red.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Corner of Texas and WMJ, there's a shell station. There's a...restaurant?...in there. I'm pretty sure they will make whatever you ask them to and it is all fantastic. Worth a check.
bushytailed
AG
Doesn't Harvey Washbangers offer it occasionally during the "winter" months? I seem to remember it being green lady time I ordered it, but it's been about a year.
AG @ HEART
AggieBarstool said:

I've literally never heard of GREEN pozole, and I grew up in a border town in Texas.

It's actually a clear broth.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.