On The Border restaurant question.

6,429 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by techno-ag
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does any body eat there these days? They still seem to be open. I haven't eaten there in probably 10 years. Am i missing something?
The Anchor
AG
We've eaten there a few times the past few years. It's a typical chain. Nothing great or bad about it.
AggiePhil
AG
Used to be THE place.
dubi
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Their salsa is good. Unfortunately, what is sold in stores is not the same. But, yeah, as was stated before, it's a chain.
UmustBKidding
Have friend with Celiac disease and when he is in town and needs Mexican we go there. Has had better luck there than elsewhere with the gluten free options actually being gluten free. Otherwise there are to many better options, most of which have service that seems to be a non existent option at OTB
JMac03
AG
Eat there usually once every 2-3 years. Usually leave underwhelmed. Drank there a ton in college.
95_Aggie
AG
I used to go there because after Garcia's closed they were the only place with sour cream chicken enchiladas. But now they are just barely a step above frozen dinners.
91_Aggie
AG
95_Aggie said:

I used to go there because after Garcia's closed they were the only place with sour cream chicken enchiladas. But now they are just barely a step above frozen dinners.
At least they are not a step below like Chuy's.
CDub06
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Have friend with Celiac disease and when he is in town and needs Mexican we go there. Has had better luck there than elsewhere with the gluten free options actually being gluten free. Otherwise there are to many better options, most of which have service that seems to be a non existent option at OTB

My mom has Celiac. We've had great luck at Chuy's. They're well equipped to handle it. If you call ahead, they can do gluten free chips too.
befitter
We used to eat there often but haven't in many years. Decided to stop there around the holidays while doing some shopping. It was nearly empty and we had to nearly beg for service.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
befitter said:

We used to eat there often but haven't in many years. Decided to stop there around the holidays while doing some shopping. It was nearly empty and we had to nearly beg for service.
Can't say much about your service, but let's be honest: many, many restaurants in this town are nearly empty around the holidays.
LastHamlet
AG
If you like frozen Mexican TV dinners then that would be the place to go.
BCSWguru
OTB has a decent lunch deal if I remember correctly.
75AG
AG
We go there if Lupe Tortilla is jammed.
Rex Racer
AG
My wife loves their enchiladas. She orders extra chili con carne.
gopitt
I'm obviously in the minority but have always enjoyed OTB, especially the salsa. They must be doing something right. Been a fixture in town for many, many years.
Hittag1492
AG
It's solid. Service is slow, but not horrible. Not the best, but has some good points and decent food. Good lunch and drink specials. I go there maybe once/twice a year-just too many better options but it is not as bad as some are saying-at least not the one in CS.
selk
AG
Love their chips and queso
Carny89
Chuy's has a lot more business than OTB.
halibut sinclair
Carny89 said:

That's because it's ON THE BYPASS. Duh.
Carny89
Naw. Chuy's is just better. Probably also the shiiity health dept score otb has gotten in the past too.
befitter
GiveEmHellBill said:

befitter said:

Can't say much about your service, but let's be honest: many, many restaurants in this town are nearly empty around the holidays.
No....I mean EMPTY. There is "summer empty" and "holiday empty" in this town....and then there is "nobody is eating here empty".
TLIAC
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Carny89 said:

That's because it's ON THE BYPASS. Duh.
And because they have jalapeno ranch sauce,
gopitt
Again, a restaurant that has survived in College Station this many years must be doing something right and have enough customers to turn a good profit.
Plus, the patio has a great view of A&M.
montegobay
There patio is great except for the smoking. All the smoking.
CDub06
AG
Why are you hating on the fajitas.
ro828
Rosa's has surprisingly good chicken/sour cream enchiladas, and very good tamales.
birdman
OTB is strange place. It's either nearly empty or really crowded.
Red Krow
We ate there with out of town family in the past month. The food and service was great!
techno-ag
AG
gopitt said:

Again, a restaurant that has survived in College Station this many years must be doing something right and have enough customers to turn a good profit.
Plus, the patio has a great view of A&M.
Agreed. Just add up all the summers that place has lived through.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.