On The Border restaurant question.

eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does any body eat there these days? They still seem to be open. I haven't eaten there in probably 10 years. Am i missing something?
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've eaten there a few times the past few years. It's a typical chain. Nothing great or bad about it.
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Used to be THE place.
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Their salsa is good. Unfortunately, what is sold in stores is not the same. But, yeah, as was stated before, it's a chain.
UmustBKidding
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have friend with Celiac disease and when he is in town and needs Mexican we go there. Has had better luck there than elsewhere with the gluten free options actually being gluten free. Otherwise there are to many better options, most of which have service that seems to be a non existent option at OTB
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eat there usually once every 2-3 years. Usually leave underwhelmed. Drank there a ton in college.
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I used to go there because after Garcia's closed they were the only place with sour cream chicken enchiladas. But now they are just barely a step above frozen dinners.
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
95_Aggie said:

I used to go there because after Garcia's closed they were the only place with sour cream chicken enchiladas. But now they are just barely a step above frozen dinners.
At least they are not a step below like Chuy's.
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Have friend with Celiac disease and when he is in town and needs Mexican we go there. Has had better luck there than elsewhere with the gluten free options actually being gluten free. Otherwise there are to many better options, most of which have service that seems to be a non existent option at OTB


My mom has Celiac. We've had great luck at Chuy's. They're well equipped to handle it. If you call ahead, they can do gluten free chips too.
befitter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We used to eat there often but haven't in many years. Decided to stop there around the holidays while doing some shopping. It was nearly empty and we had to nearly beg for service.
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
befitter said:

We used to eat there often but haven't in many years. Decided to stop there around the holidays while doing some shopping. It was nearly empty and we had to nearly beg for service.
Can't say much about your service, but let's be honest: many, many restaurants in this town are nearly empty around the holidays.
LastHamlet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you like frozen Mexican TV dinners then that would be the place to go.
LSCSN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OTB has a decent lunch deal if I remember correctly.
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We go there if Lupe Tortilla is jammed.
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife loves their enchiladas. She orders extra chili con carne.
gopitt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm obviously in the minority but have always enjoyed OTB, especially the salsa. They must be doing something right. Been a fixture in town for many, many years.
Hittag1492
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's solid. Service is slow, but not horrible. Not the best, but has some good points and decent food. Good lunch and drink specials. I go there maybe once/twice a year-just too many better options but it is not as bad as some are saying-at least not the one in CS.
selk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love their chips and queso
Carny89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chuy's has a lot more business than OTB.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carny89 said:

Chuy's has a lot more business than OTB.
That's because it's ON THE BYPASS. Duh.
Carny89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Naw. Chuy's is just better. Probably also the shiiity health dept score otb has gotten in the past too.
befitter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GiveEmHellBill said:

befitter said:

We used to eat there often but haven't in many years. Decided to stop there around the holidays while doing some shopping. It was nearly empty and we had to nearly beg for service.
Can't say much about your service, but let's be honest: many, many restaurants in this town are nearly empty around the holidays.
No....I mean EMPTY. There is "summer empty" and "holiday empty" in this town....and then there is "nobody is eating here empty".
TLIAC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Carny89 said:

Chuy's has a lot more business than OTB.
That's because it's ON THE BYPASS. Duh.
And because they have jalapeno ranch sauce,
gopitt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Again, a restaurant that has survived in College Station this many years must be doing something right and have enough customers to turn a good profit.
Plus, the patio has a great view of A&M.
montegobay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There patio is great except for the smoking. All the smoking.
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why are you hating on the fajitas.
ro828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rosa's has surprisingly good chicken/sour cream enchiladas, and very good tamales.
birdman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OTB is strange place. It's either nearly empty or really crowded.
Red Krow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We ate there with out of town family in the past month. The food and service was great!
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gopitt said:

Again, a restaurant that has survived in College Station this many years must be doing something right and have enough customers to turn a good profit.
Plus, the patio has a great view of A&M.
Agreed. Just add up all the summers that place has lived through.
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.