Jersey Mike's promotion to help Scotty's House [Staff Edit on OP]

10,147 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cslifer
bup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Jersey Mikes is collecting donations for Scotty's House. For a minimum $2 donation, you can get a free regular sub. The offer ends on Sunday. https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/New-sandwich-shop-Jersey-Mikes-opens-in-College-Station-505089132.html
Was told a coupon is needed. I couldn't find one on their FB page or website. I hate it when places do things like this. Poor way to drum up business.

Edit: I donated to Scotty's House anyway. Click HERE to donate.

[We have changed the title on this thread now that there has been a response by the ownership of the business and removed several posts that weren't directly related to the business and were derailing the thread. -Staff]
Tailgate88
AG
I wasn't aware of the Scotty's House coupon, but here is one that supports the Cougar Band & Guard. The owners of Jersey Mike's are good folks and I'm sure the Scotty's House thing was just a mix-up. Life has been crazy for them lately trying to get this restaurant open I am certain.

gettingitdone
Did you reach out to a manager or the owner for clarification? The KBTX story doesn't state a coupon is needed.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

Poor way to drum up business.
The line was out the door at 5pm. They were so busy they couldn't take online or phone in orders because of the crush of customers.

Also, did you speak to the manager? He was taking orders when I was there. I spoke to him for a minute while in line. He was very friendly. I'm pretty positive he would have worked this out with you or at least explained things to you.

But, by all means, come onto Texags to complain about not getting something for free. You are a true hero.

Oh, and I saw the donation box for Scotty's House at the register. It was full of cash, so I'm sure they are grateful to the owner for the donations.
cslifer
So you didn't have a coupon that was required for a special offer, and it is somehow the business owners fault? Are you also the person that gets upset when the grocery store doesn't take your coupon that expired 6 months prior?
gettingitdone
Cslifer I think the OP's point was that he didn't know that a coupon was needed until he arrived. I saw the KBTX link and there is no mention of needing a coupon. Either way, he should have asked for a manager or owner for clarification.
bup
http://www.fisheadtackle.com/images/2011/cartoon%2011/Tmotor-6.gif
Tailgate88
AG
gettingitdone said:

Cslifer I think the OP's point was that he didn't know that a coupon was needed until he arrived. I saw the KBTX link and there is no mention of needing a coupon. Either way, he should have asked for a manager or owner for clarification.
It's also possible that the KBTX article misstated the promotion.
drred4
KBTX articles states this

"Jersey Mikes is collecting donations for Scotty's House. For a minimum $2 donation, you can get a free regular sub. The offer ends on Sunday."

I don't have facebook so not sure what that may say.

Never been to one, but I like sammiches and it is close by. will have to try.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

I had a hot reuben on wheat bread, actually. It was delicious.
Anonymous Source
S
GiveEmHellBill said:

Reuben's are on rye bread. You had a fancy corned beef sandwich
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Anonymous Source said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Reuben's are on rye bread. You had a fancy corned beef sandwich
And it was delicious.
Jetty
AG
I actually Had the card for Free Sub with $2 Minimum donation to Scotty's House. I used It with no problem and donated $5 to the plastic box for Scotty's.. no problem. Sorry you didn't get a card. Sandwich was Delicious and employees were super nice!
Cant wait to go back!!
AgGunNut
AG
Couldn't possibly be KBTX's fault for not effectively communicating the offer. They don't EVER make errors in their reporting.
CharlieMac
I've been 2 days in a row.
They honored my coupon/card.
The food was good and the owners and staff were nice.
I highly recommend the place!
bup
Jetty said:

I actually Had the card for Free Sub with $2 Minimum donation to Scotty's House.
Where did you get this card? Is there any online documentation about this card?
Jetty
AG
Jersey mikes delivered a stack of them to my friends work...she shared one with me.
bup
So it's an exclusive deal that happened to be advertised in the news. That's disappointing.
Nom de Plume
AG
As has been said, KBTX is much more to blame than JM's. This kind of promotion that includes COMPLETELY FREE FOOD has to be controlled in some fashion. I don't understand why you came here to blast them.
bup
Nom de Plume said:

As has been said, KBTX is much more to blame than JM's. This kind of promotion that includes COMPLETELY FREE FOOD has to be controlled in some fashion. I don't understand why you came here to blast them.
Why do you assume its mostly KBTX's fault?
Tailgate88
AG
bup said:

Nom de Plume said:

Why do you assume it's not?
AggiePhil
AG
Well I was going to hit up JM on the way home till I saw that there was literally an entire marching band outside.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
bup said:

Nom de Plume said:

Where else was there any mention of this specific offer? It's not mentioned at all on their Facebook site.

You relied on one source of information and it turned out to be inaccurate. And you still are implying it's the fault of the owner or company.
gopitt
Great food.
Great service , in spite of being slammed with customers.
Great manager.
Poster complains on TexAgs about a misunderstanding rather than tslking to management. Please take your business to Subway or Jummy Johns.
Jersey Mikes is killing it and will continue to do so.
phatpat21
We had several cards dropped off to our office for the $2 minimum donation to Scotty's House and get a free regular sub
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Too many rookies with brand new profiles on this thread. You need to learn that, like children, rookies should only speak when spoken to.
loro
AG
The coupon was handed out by the owners and managers to several community businesses. You have to have the coupon for the free sub. Sounds like KBTX made a mistake in their reporting unfortunately.
taxpreparer
AG
Or, maybe KBTX received some of the coupons and jumped to a conclusion.

We went to Mr. Hamburger the day as after KBTX did a story about them opening. They had intended to have a week or two to iron out the kinks before their grand opening. They got slammed by customers, then slammed again on this board for horrible service.

My suggestion to new restaurants: don't let the media know when your first open day will be, unless you know you will be ready for anything.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
taxpreparer
AG
On the other hand, KBTX does so many stories about businesses I wonder if they are really advertising spots.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
OnlyANobody
I don't know if they still offer it, but several years ago, we did buy an advertising package from them that included two (I think) news stories that were presented in the form of an onsite interview.
bushytailed
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

alph said:

Why's that? Your think you are a parental figure to them? lol Oh Internet.

Lol oh, the inter webs, lol, such srs bidness, lol. Must take everything seriously, lol

Account opened today and already at five posts. At least he/she will be quiet until tomorrow.

Can't wait to try Jersey Mike's, but will probably wait a couple weeks!
befitter
AggiePhil said:

Well I was going to hit up JM on the way home till I saw that there was literally an entire marching band outside.
A small contingent of the CSHS Band performed for 30 minutes or so because this business is supporting the band with donations.
loro
AG
Paragraph alert!
Howdy Ags! My name is Lauren and I'm the wife of JM owner. I'm class of '05 and he class of '04. We are so excited to have JM finally open! There was unfortunately some confusion about the free subs. You do have to have a card for the free sub that requires a minimum $2 donation to Scotty's House. These were handed out by us to several community businesses (about 10,000). I was there when KBTX reporter did his story and it was made clear you needed the card - he was actually given several. A mistake that we know that can happen! We definitely have tried to accommodate those that were misled, as we want our customers to be happy and are so excited to bring this opportunity (and delicious subs!) to Aggieland! And no, we didn't pay for any advertising!
Jared, my husband and owner, is up there daily for majority of the day. We would love for y'all to come by and give us a try if you haven't! Please let us know if any feedback - good and bad! We are open to constructive criticism! Thanks for the wonderful welcome - the response has been amazing! Gig 'em!
BCStalk
Tried going this morning around 11:30. Line all the way to the door so we left. Probably try again next week.
gopitt
Best subs in town. And many thanks to the wife of the owner clarifying the free sub issue. I'll be a regular once the lines die down.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.