It's been a good 13 years, but change comes to us all and I must say goodbye

5,110 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TLIAC
Scruffy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After roughly 13 years in town, and probably close to 12 years on this site, I am finally leaving. The mods can sleep more soundly knowing I won't be around as much.

It seems like yesterday we were still having the Aggieland Happy Hour IRL meet-ups.
I met a lot of good people then and some are still friends IRL as opposed to just social media.
I remember the meet-ups at La Bodega, and WatchOle giving both Me and Wildmen03 t-shirts for having the most bans.
I remember the mass confusion and difficulties when the Aggieland board and MyBSC site joined. I remember trouble (not the poster) with the sudden change in moderation and allowed content.
I remember the time WatchOle mistakenly posted under his wife's account.
I remember the time (I forget who it was, but he's a good guy involved in charities (I could look back and find him but don't care that much)) I had posted something on the GB and someone who normally posted on this board got upset/angry; like fighting mad. We met up at Obannions and talked things through; by the end of the night we were on the same page and everything was good.
I will always remember FNG, Techno, and "Trust!"
Most of all I remember this great online community and how it has grown and adapted as the area has grown and changed.

Seeing the changes through town has been interesting and at times shocking.
From Rock Prairie being far south College Station to that being almost the new geographic center of town.
From Gems opening up in Hearne as competition, to the final shuttering of the Sock and the more family friendly business opening in that area.
The rise of luxury student housing.
3 HEBs in College Station alone.
Adding lights to, instead of making 2818 a controlled access highway.
The continued failure to correctly time and sensor traffic lights.
The push for more upscale entertainment and bossiness.
The bi/tri-yearly re-positioning of ramps on highway 6.
Seeing how this area has, and is, growing and changing has been quite a sight.

I wish all of you the best, and thank you for the entertainment, fellowship, and when needed ... help.
This is a great place (both Texags and BCS), and the reason for that is the people.
I hope y'all continue to make this place great.
I will continue to have limited internet access and may reply to posts for the next day or 2 depending on how far I get with moving. Otherwise it won't be until early-mid Feb. before I get back online.

Sincerely,
Scruffy.

I'm on break.
BlueMiles
AG
Best of luck to you and your lady.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Obligatory

Tailgate88
AG
Have a good move and best wishes in your new home, but I know how this works. You'll be back. (on the board. )
techno-ag
AG
Godspeed, Scruffy.
trouble
AG
Adios, you crazy SOB.

You know I love you.
Scruffy
AG
Love you too Trouble.

I'm on break.
JMac03
AG
Where are you going?
FNG
Scruffy,

Thanks for the mention in your OP!

I'm not sure when you leave town, but I do still owe you a beer (for going on about six years now)! We need to make that right before you go.

Tailgate88 is correct. You may leave town, but you will always come back to this board!

Post back and let me know when you can go by O'Bannon's and I'll see that one is available to you, on me.

It's sad that Aggieland is losing one of the resident Stikas. Who will open the steam tunnels now to hold the secret Stika meetings?

Here's to hoping that someone posts the YouTube of you singing NIN in your tighty-whiteys.
FNG
TLIAC
AG
Seriously, I didn't make your "I remember" list. "I remember the time TLIAC invited me to the PD?????" No really, good luck and don't be a stranger even though I'm not here as often as I used to be.
duffelpud
AG
JMac03 said:

Where are you going?

This should answer all your questions:

"What's this button do?"
Scruffy
AG
Duffelpud ogt it right.
I joined "Wash Bucket" in a new city to live out our love.

TLIAC,
I apologize for not including you in my OP. I thank you for all you have done. There were many fun internet times had.

It's been a new experience seeing a lake freeze and seeing it snow at least twice since I got here Thursday. Yesterday was a pretty good snow (to me).
Chicago isn't BCS.

Best wishes to you all.
trouble
AG
No one wants to see that video again.

It showed up in my Facebook memories a couple weeks ago.
Scruffy
AG
I didn't repost, so Facebook must just know it was time again for you to be amazed (appalled).
TLIAC
AG
Chicago?? Oh my goodness, definitely not BCS. Best of luck to you. Keep us updated.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.