Driveway Repair-Gravel

4,855 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by etj77845
etj77845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any recommendations on a driveway repair service? I'm in need of caliche/limestone to do about 350ft of drive- delivery and spread.
MattCan
AG
Spur Construction 979-574-6819
Max06
AG
Billy Surface- Surface Dirt Works

Recent work I had done was $375 for 12yds rock and $500 for the machine/spreading it
TexAg1987
Please share any quotes you get. I am in need of the same.
Muzzleblast
+1 for Billy Surface but I'm not sure he goes that far. Billy did my 400' drive and does my dozer work here in Grimes County.
saltydog13
AG
Max06 said:

Billy Surface- Surface Dirt Works

Recent work I had done was $375 for 12yds rock and $500 for the machine/spreading it

So $875 total? I think I paid $1300 for just 2-3 yards of limestone rock and the spreading
BrazosWifi
Rios Trucking in Edge has been good on pricing for materials for us. Not sure on spreading it.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
Max06
AG
Plus tax.
Tailgate88
AG
How many feet of driveway do you get out of 12 yards of limestone?
saltydog13
AG
I figured, but that's a heck of a deal for that many yards of limestone
UmustBKidding
You also need to watch out this time of year. When it's been dry a 14yd truck load of road base will be close to the truck gvwr. When wet it's heaver and expands some and they will have to load less than full to not exceed the max weight. This will require more trips and many times the trip charge will exceed the cost of materials depending on the distance.
VetSurg
AG
Tailgate88 said:

How many feet of driveway do you get out of 12 yards of limestone?
For ranch roads, I get it in 24-yard belly dumps. If no existing gravel base, that covers about 100'. If there is a preexisting gravel base, it will "top" about 200'.

I'm sure someone will chime in and say you don't have to use near that much. However, for a good gravel road/driveway, that will stand up to the type of rain we have had recently, that's what it takes.

Caliche is cheap, it's the trucking where most of the cost is. I have an account at Kosse so I can purchase the caliche myself (at wholesale). To have 24 yards delivered (gravel plus trucking) to ranches in Bryan and Wheelock runs me in the $365-425 range.
Tailgate88
AG
Ok cool, thanks for the info. I don't have a driveway that needs any rock at the moment but I've always wondered about how expensive it was.
etj77845
Thanks for the responses. I have been getting a wide range of 'estimates' from $3000-$5000 for my particular job. Quoted delivery is about $650 for a 16yd load or about $41.00 yd.

Don't plan on doing job in wet and am looking at dry road base. One contractor emphatically would not recommend crushed concrete. Brazos Rios is on my contact list - no numbers yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.