Best real Korean food

4,138 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tariny
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need me some bulgogi and kimchi.

OB, Hite and Cass are a plus.
James Russell
AG
I like Ohana Korean Grill over next door to Rockies on Southwest Pkwy.
AggieBarstool
James Russell said:

I like Ohana Korean Grill over next door to Rockies on Southwest Pkwy.
For BCS, this is the only correct answer.
jskin261
+1 for Ohana

Ask for super spicy red sauce.
Polska
AG
I like ohana grill as well. Any good tai place in CS? I have only been to Klauy Klauy in Bryan.
jrhmc
AG
Middle Child said:

I like ohana grill as well. Any good tai place in CS? I have only been to Klauy Klauy in Bryan.
I liked Pin-Toh Thai Cafe on Wellborn but I haven't been since they closed and reopened. It still looks like the same menu on their Facebook page. It's a limited menu but very, very good.
isitjustme
AG
I've heard Pin Toh (in Bryan) is good but I haven't been. There is also Time for Thai in the strip center where Mr. Hamburger and my wife says it's good. I don't know of any Thai places in CS but I wish either Thai Taste or Nipa Hot, or both, were still around as they were really good.
Tailgate88
AG
Middle Child said:

Kluay is the best in town that I've been to. Have tried Time for Thai too but it seems a bit more fast foodish. And....now I'm craving green currey.
PS3D
No one has mentioned Mong Chon on Harvey Road yet...that at least used to be good about 7-8 years ago, no idea now.
momlaw
AG
Mong Chon Korean Reatuarant Facebook page.
I recall a thread noting this is/was Chef Tai Lee's favorite Korean food.
His would be a qualified opinion.

Also, I had the pleasure of knowing their son, a US Army veteran, studying at A&M to commission back into the Army as an officer. Nice young man. Imagine the family reflects that.
momlaw
trouble
AG
It's still excellent
patrick.redmill
Ohana is the answer for Korean, but Shun de Mom and Choi's will work in a pinch, too. Mong Chon was one of the very first places I tried when I moved here a decade ago. It wasn't great and I haven't been back. I really should really give it a second chance.

Bangkok Thai Kitchen, on Harvey Mitchell, is best Thai food in the area, IMO. This is essentially Kluay Kluay #2 (with the original owners). Kluay Kluay on Freedom Blvd has gone down a bit with new management, but the location is much more convenient than Bangkok Thai Kitchen.

As someone mentioned, Time for Thai is fast food. I cannot really recommend it. I ate at Pin-Toh's food truck back in the day when they were trying some sort of Thai-American fusion. It was appalling. Pretty sure they are back to more traditional fare, now.
studioone
why are people talking about Thai food? Thought this was about Korean food?

Any place in town that serves banchan with their entrees?
Prophet00
AG
Ohana does. I haven't been to the others.
isitjustme
AG
studioone said:

why are people talking about Thai food? Thought this was about Korean food?
Because Middle Child asked about it in about the 5th post above. I think we're adept enough to discuss 2 different types of Asian food restaurants on the same thread.
Tariny
I believe Mong Chong has new owners or management, happened a little more than a year ago I think. My husband and I enjoy both Mong Chong and Ohanas, and we recommend both places frequently.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.