Annual Scouting for Food

1,915 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jetty
DisneyFan5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just a heads up that tomorrow (January 25) and again on February 2, local area scouts will be out soliciting and collecting donations for the Brazos County Food Bank. Tomorrow they will be distributing flyers giving details, and the following Saturday they will be back to collect bags of food that you leave on your doorstep.

PLEASE be cautious while driving neighborhoods in the morning. They will be on foot, and leaders will be with them, but ages range from 5-18...and in groups.....sometimes it can be difficult to keep them focused on task at hand and street safety (one track minds).
Tailgate88
DisneyFan5
Howdy folks.

Scouting for Food is Saturday morning. If you received a hang tag on your door, please look through you pantry to see if you have any extra food you can put out for the Scouts to collect. Please have donations out by the front door by 9am. All the donations go directly to the Brazos Valley Food Bank.

Also, be on the lookout while you are out and about for any scouts/ slow moving cars picking up donations.

Thanks!
Cartographer
Hi guys! We missed the 9 am folks today but we have a load of food we would like to donate.

If it is still possible can I get some contact info or pass along my address to someone for pickup or a place I can bring the food?

Thanks!
jrhmc
AG
We put our food out last night but no one picked it up. We're in Shenandoah.
Jetty
AG
I volunteer at the Brazos Church Pantry at 304 W 26th street in Bryan. We had a few troops donate directly to us today. We serve about 240 families per week. If anyone wants to drop off donations that didn't get picked up by the scouts today we'd LOVE to accept them to distribute to families in need. I'll be at the Church Pantry tomorrow morning Sunday Feb 3rd from 9:30-11:00am. Or please drop off during our regular hours Monday and Wednesday 1:00-2:30 or Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30-11:00am.
Thank you!!!!
Cartographer
Thanks Jetty! We will be by on Monday. Also thanks for passing that info along. We'll be sure to keep you in mind year round.
Jetty
AG
Thanks SO much!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.