Harvey Mitchell (2818) @ Holleman Plans

11,655 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MisterShipWreck
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Langenator said:

Be nice if they included diagrams, drawings, or something showing what it will look like when it's done.

https://ftp.txdot.gov/pub/txdot/get-involved/bry/fm2818/4-2-19-schematic.pdf
kraut
AG
doubledog said:

Langenator said:

Be nice if they included diagrams, drawings, or something showing what it will look like when it's done.

https://ftp.txdot.gov/pub/txdot/get-involved/bry/fm2818/4-2-19-schematic.pdf
^
|
|

This is why I love texags.
Flatlander
Why put a bridge at Jones-Butler instead of Holleman?
Smeghead4761
If I'm understanding the drawing correctly, going from one side of 2818 to the other on either Bush or Holleman is going to be convoluted.
birdman
2.5 years of construction will be brutal.
EBrazosAg
AG
It will be slightly less ridiculous and confusing than the diverging diamond bridge..... and appropriately bounded by it to the north.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GSS
EBrazosAg said:

It will be slightly less ridiculous and confusing than the diverging diamond bridge..... and appropriately bounded by it to the north.
Approaching the slalom course, err, "Diverging Diamond" from the west, so far only FIVE poles have been knocked down. Easy to observe the damage, while you're waiting for the lights to change, with not a single vehicle coming through (or they are at the other end, also waiting).

Maybe it works for the high traffic times, but off-peak, it's a huge waste of time/resources.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
doubledog
Langenator said:

If I'm understanding the drawing correctly, going from one side of 2818 to the other on either Bush or Holleman is going to be convoluted.
Yes we will going from 1 stop light (two way) to 4. Now how can that be confusing?

They say they will be synced, but they cannot even sync the (one) new stop light at Brothers Blvd. at Texas Ave.
Smeghead4761
I saw two Constables (not sure what precinct) on 2818 between Stotzer and Bush this morning, running radar.

And the 45 zone extends north to about 100 yds below F&B, FYI.
Justin2010
AG
Langenator said:

I saw two Constables (not sure what precinct) on 2818 between Stotzer and Bush this morning, running radar.

And the 45 zone extends north to about 100 yds below F&B, FYI.

Good to know they've given a nice long grace period.
TLIAC
AG
TXDOT did send out designs/drawings. New design is definitely different but it should help with traffic flow and crashes, just like the diverging diamond did.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Just extend 47 around the airport to hit Fitch and much of the Holleman backup evaporates.
MisterShipWreck
Esteban du Plantier said:

Just extend 47 around the airport to hit Fitch and much of the Holleman backup evaporates.
I agree, but for years, I have read on this forum that the airport refuses to be boxed in on all sides... So, apparently that is a no go...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.