Basketball Shooting coach

1,958 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RG20
badbilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any recommendations for a basketball shooting coach for a 13 year old? Thanks
Bunk Moreland
no recommendations on anyone but the best thing your kid could ever do is make 100 layups in a row from each side of the hoop before practicing/shooting around. If 100 is too hard right now, start at 50 or 20 and increase over time.

that repetition helps tremendously when shooting even from distance.
momlaw
AG
Ditto^^

I was blessed with a basketball coach in the late 60's early 70's who was a fundamentals and conditioning fanatic.

She introduced us to Valparaiso technique for free throws. The gist is the fewer moving parts the less opportunity to screw up the shot. Article about it, we had the booklet in the photo.

Those on the team who used this method shot high 90's% in games. If you shot less than 85% in games you had to be golden in some other aspect to get on to the bench, much less in the games.

Since we had to run laps for missed free throws/passes/fouls/etc. there was that incentive, too.
momlaw
gb2074
AG
Sending you pm
RG20
I am a former High School Varsity coach and can help you. Send me an email to contact you at. I'm in BCS.
badbilly
AG
Billybras at gmail dot com
RG20
Email sent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.