Knee Replacement

2,750 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agfan1030
rabbitag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, I can't put it off any longer. I've already done all the PT and rooster shots, and no longer have any cartilage left.

Any recommendations on good orthopedic surgeons for a knee replacement? Also, any input on the type/brand of device?
BaitShack
AG
Mom had two knee replacements with Dr. Bramhall. Dad had some shoulder work done by him as well. They were both pleased.

http://www.centexsportsmedicine.com/physicians/j-p-bramhall-m-d

CEAg78
AG
I like Barry Solcher (office with Bramhall).

TexAg1987
rabbitag said:

Any recommendations on good orthopedic surgeons for a knee replacement? Also, any input on the type/brand of device?
You planning on bringing your own in and having the Dr. install?

I think I would go with the reccomendation of the Dr. that you have selected and not a sports message board.
rabbitag
AG
No, not planning on "bringing my own." But there are different suppliers, and others have had issues. If I plan on having a foreign object in my body for 25+ years, I will take all the info I can get.
Rexter
I'd go with a Cyberdyne part.
EBrazosAg
AG
rabbitag said:

No, not planning on "bringing my own." But there are different suppliers, and others have had issues. If I plan on having a foreign object in my body for 25+ years, I will take all the info I can get.
Which ever surgeon you use, go with the joint they use 95% of the time. I promise you there is one. There are differences between them, and each orthopedic surgeon gets very familiar and comfortable with their usual. You don't want them using something unfamiliar.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tailgate88
AG
Central Texas Ortho (Branhall, Seabolt et al) will do a great job for you. I am at home recovering from hip replacement surgery last week and have been very pleased with everything about their practice.
Costa and Andreas
Have to give a shout out for my good friend and ortho guy Joe Iero. He did my knee and my brother Andreas' shoulder.

He's a very good person and a knowledgeable, informative surgeon.
EvenPar
AG
Dr. Kory Gill is a partner of Dr. Bramhall and Dr. Seabolt. He specializes in LipoGems Stem Cell and PRP procedures. I would visit with him before proceeding with any knee replacement. It's less invasive and has the potential to provide relief for an extended amount of time, without a major surgery.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
barbara314tx
Agree with post about Dr Gill. He is awesome and honest. If he can't fix it he will tell you. I went about every 6 months to get an injection in my knee, but the last Dr.gill did the steriod injection followed by a gel injection. It has been well over a year and I have not had any problems with my knee. He also also does the stem cell replacement, which would be my next step. Highly recommend him.
CollegeStationMaid
Costa and Andreas said:

Have to give a shout out for my good friend and ortho guy Joe Iero. He did my knee and my brother Andreas' shoulder.

Another vote for Dr Iero. He's very knowledgable. He will tell you what hes going to do and why it needs to be done. I get knee injections from him. He told me to put off knee surgery as long as I could instead of trying to talk me into surgery.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
BaitShack said:

Mom had two knee replacements with Dr. Bramhall. Dad had some shoulder work done by him as well. They were both pleased.

http://www.centexsportsmedicine.com/physicians/j-p-bramhall-m-d

Funny, I'm having my knee partially replaced at the end of the month by Dr Bramhall.
He does all the surgeries for the athletic department, did my brothers decades ago!
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Agree, my wife has seen him and he's a very good, very personable doctor!
aggiesed8r
AG
Doc that does the most is Barry Veazey. By far the most. Also, plus one for Seabolt. I work with both guys.
agfan1030
Solcher did mine in 2002. Been very happy with ever since.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.