Deftech for security..?

2,224 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EvenPar
NurseC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My home is "pre wired" for Deftech security, so I have them scheduled to come out for a quote.

Has anyone used or currently using them? Happy?

Or recommendations for home security with cameras?

Thanks!
Love Gun
Wired? Sounds like old technology.

I have ADT and my keypad, sensors, etc. are all wireless. Runs off of cell towers, too.
AggieBarstool
They did a **** job with a professional A/V install for me several years ago. Take from that what you will.
Tim Weaver
Chances are very high that "wired for deftech" just means they pulled ethernet to a few key places. Cat5 is cheap and if they sell 1 security system in 10 they've paid for the "prewire" that your contractor did.
EBrazosAg
AG
They did a friends new home - very high end home - and they have had nothing but delay and problems
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SchnauzerMom
Just order some Arlo Pro, Ring, or Nest cameras off of Amazon. Install yourself and go on about your merry way.
KaneIsAble
AG
I've had them at two different homes and I have not experienced any issues.
59in79
AG
The owner is a tad bit arrogant and cocky. They way over charged me to hang one TV several years ago. I would not recommend them by any means!
Mr_mo8268
AG
Agree completely. Never was blown away with Deftechs work with us but really my issue is getting the all in one package on tech these days feels like it's 2001 still. Gets outdated ASAP and you can't just upgrade for cheap.

I know this thread is about security but figured I'd give my two cents on them as a whole.
ChampsAg
Prewire usually means that they had a deal with the builder to install. Builder gets a kickback if you activate it.

CEO does the same thing for a builder in town
Love Gun
Just get ADT and rest assured that you are with a National and reliable brand.
foo00
AG
I think people are confusing ADT and ASC for the best choice.. call David at ASC. (979) 690-8516. They can use pre-wiring just as easily as anyone else to get you going. Locally owned and serviced and he's been here for years because he does a great job, responds quick, and won't jerk you around on fees, service calls, etc.

Yes ADT is a "national" brand but that doesn't make them good. They're high priced, have to bring in techs from as far away as Houston and Austin because they don't keep a local presence for residential, and a generally out for a buck. Period. You'll get cookie cutter repeatable service, but not necessarily -good- service (or reasonably priced).
EvenPar
AG
During the home building process our builder pushed Deftech and recommended so I gave them a call, twice. Never received a call back or acknowledgement. Called David at ASC and he got the prewiring completed no problem.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.