OBGYN Recommendation

3,405 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agfan1030
Tookieclothespin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok, let's hear it. My old one retired and I'm not sure where to go for this baby. I tried Dr. Jansky and I'd rather go to her for just routine checks but for maternity care it should be a little more personal. I know most doctors are pressed for time, but with her it really showed.

I'd prefer a doc associated with St. Joseph's in the Brazos Valley Network for our tamu insurance.

Suggestions?
CS78
We were very happy with Michelle Garant.
Big12Champ06
Highly recommend Weslei Rice or David or Anna Damian. They are all family practice docs but do A LOT of maternity care. They're with St. Joseph. They're all more natural minded in case you're interested in that.
gibby03
AG
Justin Gayle with Genesis OB/GYN. Delivered both of our kids and was awesome.
FarmerKeith
AG
Justin Gayle x10000000
carpe vinum
AG
Dr. Appleton was the best a few years ago.
annie88
AG
CS78 said:

We were very happy with Michelle Garant.
halibut sinclair
http://www.bvwc.com/doctors/david-r-doss-md/
gigemags03
AG
I second the recommendation for Dr. Weslei Rice if you can get in with her. She is a part of the St. Joseph's system. Although she is a family doctor, she specializes in pregnancy and childbirth. We love having her as our doctor.
KidDoc
AG
Gayle or South but I really have not had any issues with local OB's in the four years I have been here.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GoneGirl
AG
Is Randy Smith at Affiliates still practicing? He was so awesome. But my youngest is 12.
medjunkie
Elizabeth Suarez located in the physician centre. She also is family practice. I worked with her previously. Great doc, I recommend her for any/all health care needs. As we say she treats from the womb to the tomb!
Jinx
I believe so. Dr. Smith delivered our two, youngest is almost 2.
AggiePhil
AG
Friends of mine had a horrible experience with Randy Smith. Based on their experience, I would stay far far away.
trouble
AG
I definitely would not recommend Randy Smith. He completely disregarded my concerns about weight gain and mental issues while on Depo-Provera. My next OB was pretty stunned he hadn't encouraged me to use a different form of birth control instead. (I got off the DP anyway but Smith thought it wasn't necessary at all.)

Since moving back, I'm seeing Jansky. I like her. A friend has delivered all 4 of her babies with her and cannot sing her praises loudly enough.
Temple Ag
As someone who has attended deliveries with (almost) all of those docs, I would choose 1. Garant 2. Smith 3. Jansky

I can only speak to their work in the delivery room and I can not speak about Rice or Appleton because I do not remember being at any of their deliveries.

I would choose an OB over a FP ALL DAY LONG.
herb11
AG
Dr Rice delivered both of mine. She is also my primary for me and my kids. I cannot say enough about the level of care me and my family have received from her.
agfan1030
Dr. Virginia Smith with Genesis OBGYN is a very compassionate doctor who takes her time and listens to you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.