XM/Sirius radio

woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone with XM/Sirius radio watch your accounts when the current year renews. We were paying $9.20 per car per month.. Yesterday my bank account was charged $256 per car.

Called them and after telling them to cancel both accounts and they guy would offer the origninal amount per month but I told him, don't want it. After two other pleas telling me that they wanted to keep our buisniess and kept offering less and less. it took me about 20 minutes on the phone, but I got both for $6.20 per month including tax/fees.
dgonzo99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had it on my vehicle for 3 months free. They offered it to me for 5 dollars a month for the first year. Then after that I would be charged the regular rate. I was going to do it, but I saw online that there have been over a thousand complaints against the company. I decided not to do it. I really wanted to try a different service with a better rate, but it is my understanding that my vehicle will only get Sirius XM. Does anybody know if that is really true?
JP76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
5 for $25 and 6 for $30 have been around many years. Just set it up and have them paper bill you so they can not automatically charge your card. Call to Cancel before the promo expires and they will keep renewing you at the same promo rate if you press them about cancelling. Also right now XM is offer 3 months free on any non activated radio.
jrhmc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a reminder on my calendar to call once a year and try to cancel so that I keep the cheap rate. I do the same thing every 2 years with DirecTV.
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We havent ever paid more than the 6 for $30 deal. We can go two weeks without before they call giving us the rate again.

The key is not to be on a credit card automatic billing
We had to help my mom with that system a couple of times
saltydog13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You couldn't get me to use Sirius even if it was free. I cancelled last year and was hung up on 2 times before I finally got the third person to completely cancel despite the 21 questions trying to keep my business.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok so I just bought a car and am in my three months free stage. How do I transition to the 6 for 30 deal? I assume that means six months for $30?
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We've been Sirius subscribers since 2006 and love the variety of programming. I've never challenged the pricing - seems fair to me for all we receive.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Get a virtual c.c. number and use that, it won't get renewed. Re-up at the $5/mo rate. Rinse, repeat.
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tailgate88 said:

Ok so I just bought a car and am in my three months free stage. How do I transition to the 6 for 30 deal? I assume that means six months for $30?
You may not get the lower rate automatically. That's what happen to me. The first car with the free year was on the cheap rate and on my new truck. The annual renewal cause the triggering of the higher rate on both cars. You have to watch them as the older car was on the cheaper rate.

Like stated above, both for XM/Sirius and Direct TV negotiate the fees annually or so.
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I always gripe to them about the BS royalty fee. Threaten to cancel and they waive the fee.

That reminds me that I need to get ready for another round with them pretty soon.
nwspmp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I counter to them that I can get any number of music streaming services at $5/mo and they'll go to my phone and any car I'm in.

That gets us the $30/6mo but has the Internet Streaming added in free.
pepe the dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watch them like a hawk.

I blame myself for not reading my credit card statement close enough. I discovered that I was paying for my Sirius/XM and someone in the state of Virginia's (I live in Texas) Sirius/XM. Billing dates were about 6 months apart.The other person had the same name as I had but I had been paying his bill for 3 years!

My investigation even tracked him after he moved to Florida and listening to Sirius/XM on my dime. He drove two Ford products and I drive General Motors products. A "manager" in the Philippines gave me the address of the person in Virginia Beach. I finally used all of my data to prove my issue to the New York City office.

I began calling and spoke to allegedly English speaking representatives in India, Philippines, Nicaragua and finally New York City.

After a six month fight I finally got their attention by calling my credit card company and blocking and future payments.

They finally admitted that I did not owe them and in fact they owed me. They did reimburse me and gave me a year's free service.

They must contact me to renew and after this "free" year is over, I think I am gone.

Horrible company. First two levels of contact are people who have difficulty with English and New York City people are accusatory until you block your credit card.

I wonder if they went back to the guy who was getting the free Sirius/XM and asked him to pay?

AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You know, I've been hemming and hawing over re-upping my subscription for my car for a while now. Every time I think I'm gonna pull the trigger, I hear stories like this and it makes me second-guess my decision.

Thank you for sharing your (ridiculous) experience.
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've had satellite radio since it's inception. I'll never own another vehicle without it. That said, I've never had any of the issues as Pepe. I've found the price reasonable, and the service folks to be very helpful. And get a free year with every new vehicle.
montegobay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I recently cancelled mine. They lowered it $5 then $10. I still said no. I hardly listen to it and just didn't want to keep paying. I listen to audio books in the car, and I can stream Spotify for free.
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

I can stream Spotify for free.
That's my deal. With a seemingly endless array of options vying for my business, why would I want to pay a premium to satellite radio (who's shtick used to to be "commercial free") and have to pay extra for the online streaming option? No thanks.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
halibut sinclair said:

We've been Sirius subscribers since 2006 and love the variety of programming. I've never challenged the pricing - seems fair to me for all we receive.


Ditto. Since '99 or 2000?

No cell or wifi signal needed

Mountains. Valleys. Deserts. USA. Mexico. Day. Night. Never lose service or have to change my presets.

There's not currently any service that compares. Is there?
saltydog13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know about you, but I had several dead spots just around BCS. Doesn't give me much faith for coverage elsewhere
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting you mention that.

In nearly 20 yrs I never had an issue until I traded 2 Fords for a Jeep and a Ram last year

Both use basically the same system

On those two only, there are a handful of intersections where I always lose signal.........but only when I'm traveling in a certain direction (E to W) and only if I have to stop at the red light.

jrhmc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Quote:

I can stream Spotify for free.
That's my deal. With a seemingly endless array of options vying for my business, why would I want to pay a premium to satellite radio (who's shtick used to to be "commercial free") and have to pay extra for the online streaming option? No thanks.
Only if you pay your cell service for unlimited data. For me, that would cost a lot more than the $7.50 per month that I currently pay for Sirius. Mine only drops when at an overpass. I've driven all over Texas and never lost service for more than a minute or two.
dallasiteinsa02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have found two dead spots in BCS. Fitch when traveling west bound at Highway 6 and Briarcrest when traveling west bound at Highway 6. Both are right before you reach the intersection.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. Those two

There are 2-3 in McAllen and one in Eagle Pass. All westbound in town near a red light


What make car are you driving ? UConnect on a jeep, dodge or ram?
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jrhmc said:

AggieBarstool said:

Quote:

I can stream Spotify for free.
That's my deal. With a seemingly endless array of options vying for my business, why would I want to pay a premium to satellite radio (who's shtick used to to be "commercial free") and have to pay extra for the online streaming option? No thanks.
Only if you pay your cell service for unlimited data. For me, that would cost a lot more than the $7.50 per month that I currently pay for Sirius. Mine only drops when at an overpass. I've driven all over Texas and never lost service for more than a minute or two.
I have AT&T's 15gb/month plan, shared between two devices. My wife and I stream regularly when in the car. In fact, we just drove across Texas twice for Christmas - streaming the whole time - and our usage is going to be a whopping 10gb.

So, while I concede your point, I dismiss its relevance (at least in my particular situation).
jrhmc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieBarstool said:

jrhmc said:

AggieBarstool said:

Quote:

I can stream Spotify for free.
That's my deal. With a seemingly endless array of options vying for my business, why would I want to pay a premium to satellite radio (who's shtick used to to be "commercial free") and have to pay extra for the online streaming option? No thanks.
Only if you pay your cell service for unlimited data. For me, that would cost a lot more than the $7.50 per month that I currently pay for Sirius. Mine only drops when at an overpass. I've driven all over Texas and never lost service for more than a minute or two.
I have AT&T's 15gb/month plan, shared between two devices. My wife and I stream regularly when in the car. In fact, we just drove across Texas twice for Christmas - streaming the whole time - and our usage is going to be a whopping 10gb.

So, while I concede your point, I dismiss its relevance (at least in my particular situation).

I will agree that in your situation, the issue is irrelevant. However, I share 4gb with my husband and daughter since my son now pays his own phone bill so that's not an option for us. Upgrading our plan would be much more than Sirius. Just saying that it's a good deal for those without streaming available.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have a shared 50g plan with rollover (this month we have 98g). I could stream my butt off all day and night, but still prefer Sirius for the ease of use, variety of music, sports, news, comedy, Howard Stern, live play by play, special subscriber concerts, etc. etc. etc.
JP76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Paying 20 cents a day is worth it to me to not listen to the commercials that comes with free streaming.
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.