Altice One from Suddenlink

3,862 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MisterShipWreck
8RB8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have any experience/feedback? Had never heard of this until I got an email from Suddenlink this morning with details. Cable layout seems to have a similar format to Xfinity...which I had when living in Houston and loved. Currently I have DirecTV with Suddenlink just for internet, but if this Altice thing is legit I may consider switching. Have not been thrilled with DirecTV since AT&T has taken over.

FYI: https://suddenlink.com/alticeone
https://suddenlink.com/os
90 bull
AG
We have it. It is ok, I guess. Have to restart the box weekly. Good internet speed. The UI is not as good as what we had in Houston with Comcast
AgDotCom
Don't have experience with it yet, primarily because I don't like the way this Altice acquisition is being digested. Seems like they paid pretty big to buy Suddenlink and are raising rates to compensate. If it's any consolation, this may be the end of the Community Cable / TCA / Cox / Suddenlink / Altice bigger fish eats smaller fish evolution (and subsequent price hikes necessary to absorb the acquisition premium) because of Altice's size in the marketplace.

What I really want is another legit last mile player who can scale and bring some competition with them. Dunno the status of Bryan and College Station's agreements with Altice but hope they're not renewed. We need competition.
cavscout96
AG
^^^^ preach!
woodiewood1
Meant to be a new thread.

taxpreparer
AG
AgDotCom said:

Don't have experience with it yet, primarily because I don't like the way this Altice acquisition is being digested. Seems like they paid pretty big to buy Suddenlink and are raising rates to compensate. If it's any consolation, this may be the end of the Community Cable / TCA / Cox / Suddenlink / Altice bigger fish eats smaller fish evolution (and subsequent price hikes necessary to absorb the acquisition premium) because of Altice's size in the marketplace.

What I really want is another legit last mile player who can scale and bring some competition with them. Dunno the status of Bryan and College Station's agreements with Altice but hope they're not renewed. We need competition.

Ah, yes. The good old days when Community Cablevision and Midwest Video competed to bring us three networks, two indepedents, HBO, and The Playboy Channel.

I am not kidding, there wasn't much to offer, but the competition kept the price down.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
J182
AG
8RB8 said:

Anyone have any experience/feedback? Had never heard of this until I got an email from Suddenlink this morning with details. Cable layout seems to have a similar format to Xfinity...which I had when living in Houston and loved. Currently I have DirecTV with Suddenlink just for internet, but if this Altice thing is legit I may consider switching. Have not been thrilled with DirecTV since AT&T has taken over.

FYI: https://suddenlink.com/alticeone
https://suddenlink.com/os
I haven't had any issues with cable/internet through Altice. Going on about two months with them in the Bryan area. I had more issues with DirecTv tbh.

I will say it seems that Suddenlink/Altice have stepped up their services. I had SL for years and always had issues, but like others have said they were really the only option. Maybe the Altice acquisition has something to do with it, but I am overall happy with it. Even the tech who came out to install everything was knowledgeable, thorough, and was willing to answer questions we had. I only mention that last part because he installed on a Sunday and most techs would have been just trying to get out of there ASAP.
Tariny
It's not available to current customers....each time I call they say it will be a couple of more months before it is. I only want it because Altice saves your recorded shows, so you can move to a new box and not loose anything. There's a few features that are not working on my Suddenlink TiVO, but if I change it now, I loose the recordings currently have, plus I will loose the ones when I finally get to move over to Altice. I feel like it's better to wait.

Really, really wish we would get a decent cable/internet competitor in this area, I'm so sick of Suddenlink.
8RB8
Tariny said:

It's not available to current customers....each time I call they say it will be a couple of more months before it is. I only want it because Altice saves your recorded shows, so you can move to a new box and not loose anything. There's a few features that are not working on my Suddenlink TiVO, but if I change it now, I loose the recordings currently have, plus I will loose the ones when I finally get to move over to Altice. I feel like it's better to wait.

Really, really wish we would get a decent cable/internet competitor in this area, I'm so sick of Suddenlink.
Yep. Called yesterday to inquire and was promptly shut down by a smug "sales" rep. Said that it is only available to new customers, and existing customer won't be able to upgrade for quite a while. Par for the course for Suddenlink...
MisterShipWreck
I was told that if you cancel for 30 days, then you are a new customer
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.