Gun Show - Bryan- Jan 19-20, 2019

1,963 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggiepublius
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
High Caliber will have a show out at the Expo Center on the above date. Decent private collections usually show up. Just FYI.
Crusader
What is the state law regarding the sale of a legal firearm to another individual? I have several I would like to sell, but won't consider anyone who does not have a current Texas Carry License. I think that might weed out the mistake of selling to a bad guy.
maddiedou
AG
Text me tomorrow and I maybe interested. Depending on what you have and I have the cash if that is an option for you

979-eight two o-l870. Gary
GSS
Your guns, your rules. What you describe is not required for private sales, so I suppose an easily offended type could claim "discrimination".
NRA Life
TSRA Life
cledus6150
AG
I suggest posting them up in the OB, many of us have sold to fellow OBer's with or without CHL or Ag tag. As far as legality goes, I always do a bill of sale at least asking if they can legally own firearms. I also require a valid TXDL, but that's pretty much it.
AggiePhil
AG
cledus6150 said:

I also require a valid TXDL, but that's pretty much it.

How do you check to see that it's valid?
DBSwooper
AggiePhil said:

cledus6150 said:

I also require a valid TXDL, but that's pretty much it.

How do you check to see that it's valid?
Hold it up to the light and look for the watermark that shines through?

Or make illegal TLETs inquiries.

Other typical ways available to most people typically only returns basic information and not if it is current deny renewal, denied renewal or under suspension.
cledus6150
AG
Not checking that into it, more so it's just to make sure it's not a fake. Basically ask the same questions I did about it when I sold firearms for big box stores.
techno-ag
AG
You might cross post this on the Outdoor Board, OP.
skelso
AG
ATF reversed a ruling over a year ago that restricted dealers from running background checks for others. It is now legal for a dealer to run an FBI NICS check on a buyer on behalf of a seller in a private party transaction. So if you are ever unsure of a buyer, this is an option... There are a handful here in BCS who do them.
aggiepublius
AG
techno-ag said:

You might cross post this on the Outdoor Board, OP.
nm
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.