BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,070 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A Christian Brothers Automotive is being planned for the Austin's Colony Area.
BrandoC
AG
That plot is financed by VeraBank. An actual bank is not going in there.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Just going by what Oldham Goodwin's Facebook post said:

Quote:

Just closed! Casey Oldham represented the Seller in the disposition of land for the development of Vera Bank at Providence Park off of Highway 6.

Learn more about opportunities for sale, lease, and build-to-suit at Providence Park https://www.providenceparkbcs.com

[url=https://www.providenceparkbcs.com/?fbclid=IwAR2aay6hILtq_rG-t_s4BXrTJOJXSrFtRJrifuz0UACLJCIxlfYpaMP0LOI][/url]
Tailgate88
AG
Signage up for "Zoners Pizza, Wings & Waffles" and "Littleland" which I assume is a daycare, in the new center at the corner of Brothers and Longmire.
MarineBQ04
AG
Littleland is an indoor toddler/kid playground/play gym type thing.
Captn_Ag05
AG
La Madeleine and Velvet Taco have signed leases at Century Square. Also, construction starting soon on additional buildings at Century Square with hopes of completion by next fall.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Per Natalie Ruiz Costa Vida going in Caprock Crossing area.

https://www.costavida.com/
Collectonian
MasFajitas has purchased the old Dickies building and is planning to open a new location there - timeline unknown

rocketscience
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

La Madeleine and Velvet Taco have signed leases at Century Square. Also, construction starting soon on additional buildings at Century Square with hopes of completion by next fall.
Really excited for Velvet Taco, I've been hoping on this one for a while. It's essentially the same concept as Mad Taco, Torchy's, and Fuego- so queue the complaints about another taco place in town- but they have some really awesome and different flavors that the other three don't. I look forward to them coming, especially since they'll be right by the engineering district!
Captn_Ag05
AG
I love velvet tacos' elote.
Cyp0111
Velvet Taco is the best of all the chain fancy taco concepts imo. I do not consider Mad Taco a chain but my overall favorite.

Velvet Taco will drive a lot of foot traffic. La Madeline is an interesting choice but olds love it.
Cyp0111
Where did you hear about Velvet Taco
Captn_Ag05
AG
Cyp0111 said:

La Madeline is an interesting choice but olds love it.

Based on the 700 plus comments on Rusty Surette's story on Facebook about La Madeline coming, it appears lots of people - not just the olds- are excited about it. Unless the olds are people in 20s and 30s.

Captn_Ag05
AG
Velvet Taco was talked about on the City of College station podcast. I was told La Madeline was coming a few weeks back. But, I was told it was going in the Chimney Hill development. So, surprised to hear it is going in Century Square as well.
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Per Natalie Ruiz Costa Vida going in Caprock Crossing area.

https://www.costavida.com/
Ladies and gentleman, we've hit the jackpot.
CDub06
AG
Olds are class of 2005 or older.
isitjustme
AG
CDub06 said:

I thought they were class of '85 or older. At least I don't feel old.
One Louder
AG
Looks like the Jimmy John's next to Mens Wearhouse on Texas Avenue closed. Also the signage for whatever was next to Naked Sushi is gone.
AggiePhil
AG
One Louder said:

Looks like the Jimmy John's next to Mens Wearhouse on Texas Avenue closed.
That's a shame.
Jetty
AG
Does Costavida have margaritas? Menu looks like they don't??
Captn_Ag05
AG
Pei Wei closed.
trouble
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Pei Wei closed.

Not super shocked. We finally gave up on them because they consistently could not get a to go order correct.
Captn_Ag05
AG
They've closed over 50 locations in the last couple of years. They are now under 160 locations and the company was sold in June. There will likely be other closures as well.

rodan85
AG
agrab86 said:

CDub06 said:

I thought they were class of '85 or older. At least I don't feel old.
Gig 'em
Bryan '85
techno-ag
AG
Wowsers summers are rough in this town. We were doing pretty good until August. Then Summer II is over and Bam! Everyone goes out of business. Oh well. Typical business cycle for BCS I guess.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The check cashing place? Or maybe a verizon store?
australopithecus robustus
I'm afraid we will see more and more closings. The market is officially overbuilt and the uptick of closings in the last year is proof.

UmustBKidding
Think local one was closed by health department at least twice. I blame it on no unpreverted iced tea. No I don't want vanilla, mango, peach I want tea.
Bunk Moreland
JJ was in an awful location. I'd hate myself after each of the few times I made the decision to not only enter that awful parking lot but finagle my way to their door.

Pei Wei is busting nationwide so it's not an indictment on our community.

You'll always see closings but I don't think the market is overbuilt. A lot more new chains and developments coming in over the next handful of months and it isn't going to slow down, nor will the foot traffic into those places.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
I apologize if this has been posted several pages back ( I went back 5 pages)....

What is being built out on Northgate (on the corner across from Corner)?

I don't live in CS, but I come back several times a year from September through May.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
Nevermind, I think I found my answer on Page one... Z Bar & Bistro.
PS3D
Bunk Moreland said:

JJ was in an awful location. I'd hate myself after each of the few times I made the decision to not only enter that awful parking lot but finagle my way to their door.

The Jimmy John's was built there back in the mid-2000s, so it has survived at least 10 years in that location, but I think that it was essentially made obsolete by the other two locations that opened after it.
Bunk Moreland
Sure. It wasn't a failure but I don't think it was made obsolete from the University & longmire/RP locations.

That area of Texas Avenue was much more accessible 10-15 years ago. It's an absolute nightmare now with traffic, increased students etc. Just getting in and out of that parking lot has changed dramatically in 10-15 years.
emtes
AG
One Louder said:

Looks like the Jimmy John's next to Mens Wearhouse on Texas Avenue closed. Also the signage for whatever was next to Naked Sushi is gone.
Is this in anyway tied to GregD's move?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Love La Madeline's quick desserts and of course their tomato basil soup.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.