BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,016 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw a sign for Exxon c-store at 3500 Harvey next to Texas Farm Bureau
CN
Captn_Ag05 said:

Anyone checked out Pie in the sky yet?
Went this past Saturday for lunch. Place was full but we were able to find a table after ordering. We got our food almost 40 minutes later. It was good but the wait for food was ridiculous. Will try again after they work out the kinks but only on the weekend. I don't have that much time for lunch during the week.

Pies were good though.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Hernandez Law is building a new 7,350 sq ft building at 2964 West Villa Maria Road.
bcstx06
Captn_Ag05 said:

Hernandez Law is building a new 7,350 sq ft building at 2964 West Villa Maria Road.

I saw that. Isn't this the same location as the 5 high rise condo buildings?
EBrazosAg
AG
Rexter said:

Saw a sign for Exxon c-store at 3500 Harvey next to Texas Farm Bureau

That's been there a while. Not holding breath. But then who knows....... the Cole Stop sign on 30 was there for 3+ years. But maybe they will be finished before LaQuinta by old Ninfas or the Hyatt House behind Cracker Barrel. A low bar to meet ...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The law office is just south of where the condos would go.
softballchicrf
AG
Saw a new sushi place next to Kroger-Boonville, anyone know anything about it?
Chris98
AG
Hernandez is building between Scott & White and St. Lukes Church
BryanPooch
South of the condos coming on W. Villa Maria? Do you mean east or west? I'm old and easily confused. Or, by south do you mean across the road?
BryanPooch
rptsAg03
Went by Pie in the Sky. They have a large assortment of ready made pie flavors- but the small 6" pies are $9 a piece. It was a fun experience to get an assortment of flavors for our family to try, but I can feed my whole family off a $9 pie at HEB and I didn't think the quality was very different. The cranberry orange loaf was exceptional, but also $9. Cheaper at Blue Baker. PITS will be a special, rare treat for me.
PS3D
BigShots Golf is proposed for College Station, not Bryan, according to the list. The Bryan idea was merely tossed around, while College Station has been in talks including rezoning for the tract & traffic impact analysis. Presumably, they haven't filed a full site plan due to the fact that Holleman is still under construction, but the emergency-only easement from Deacon to Holleman is now in the starting process of becoming a full road.
Collectonian
JMac03 said:

Sign up for Which Wich next to CVS in the Rise building across from campus on University.

Drove by today and noticed a sign is also up for Fajita Pete's beside it (confirming the earlier announcement of its coming)
happyinBCS
I agree with your thoughts, with the high lease rates and HEB 2 blocks away on the same side of the highway unfortunately I don't think they will be open a year from now
Captn_Ag05
AG
Oldham Goodwin posted this on their Facebook today:

Quote:

Oldham Goodwin is excited to welcome Chick-fil-A to Rudder's Landing in Bryan! Pad sites are available for sale, ground lease, or build-to-suit, and retail space is available for lease.

Call us today to join Walmart, Panda Express and Chick-Fil-A at Rudder's Landing >> 979.268.2000
That Chick-fil-A has been discussed many times on here, but I guess it is happening soon if they posted that on social media.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Oldham Goodwin also posted this on their social media last week:

Quote:

Oldham Goodwin Group would like to welcome Another Broken Egg Cafe to Jones Crossing in College Station! Brett Boatner represented the Landlord in negotiating the lease.

Opening this Fall, Another Broken Egg Cafe is a chef-inspired, culinary-driven cafe that serves breakfast, brunch, lunch & hand-crafted cocktails.
https://anotherbrokenegg.com/
Bunk Moreland
Good stuff happening in the community
TheOC16
AG
Collectonian said:

JMac03 said:

Sign up for Which Wich next to CVS in the Rise building across from campus on University.

Drove by today and noticed a sign is also up for Fajita Pete's beside it (confirming the earlier announcement of its coming)

Will be open first week of August.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
How big of a pita is it going to be to pick up and go (drive thru?) from that WW location?

Ive had the app and used it since the week it came out.

Easily the best sandwich chain sammich on the mkt.
Another Broken Egg will blow you guys away.
JMac03
AG
mgreen said:

Are we getting one? We ate at one two weeks ago in Nashville. It is very different.

Just read the post a few up.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I do love their coffee mugs.
bushytailed
AG
Nothing meaningful to add. Just want to have the 1000th comment on this thread.
Collectonian
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

How big of a pita is it going to be to pick up and go (drive thru?) from that WW location?

With its location in the building, pretty much no way it will have a drive-thru. For parking, I think it's pretty much the same as for CVS: the few parallel spots on the side of the building (Church St), the garage, and taking the risk parking in the spots behind Taco Bell (The sign specifically indicates those spots are for the Stack and MedPlus and seems to deliberately exclude the Rise).
softballchicrf
AG
mrm5932 said:

Anyone know what is going in off 6 where Dickeys BBQ used to be? Sign says sold now.

Alcohol permit says Mas Fajitas.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I assume it is the same as the one in Caldwell, Round Rock, Georgetown and Taylor?

http://www.masfajitas.com/

Speaking of Mexican food and the bypass, has anyone heard anything about the Ninfa's location? As soon as they went out of business, the city said they were getting interest in the building.
australopithecus robustus
Wow this town is getting to a restaurant tipping point. I suspect some more independents may not last.
mgreen
JMac03 said:

mgreen said:

Are we getting one? We ate at one two weeks ago in Nashville. It is very different.

Just read the post a few up.
Yes, in the new HEB center. The same group also owns Chicken Salad Chic.
Pilmer
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

Wow this town is getting to a restaurant tipping point. I suspect some more independents may not last.

I think it's good for the city. People will go where the food is good.
In general terms I would say yes it's good for the city. However what I'm referring to is a saturation point that spreads the business too thin, regardless if the quality of food and service. Kind of like real estate being overbuilt.
Pilmer
AG

In general terms I would say yes it's good for the city. However what I'm referring to is a saturation point that spreads the business too thin, regardless if the quality of food and service. Kind of like real estate being overbuilt.
I understood, I just don't see the city having a saturation point. The only thing spreading the business too thin would be labor force, which I don't believe is an issue. If anything, the only barrier to entry for the restaurant business has always been the seasonal nature of the city.
For my point, I'm going off of what several restaurant owners have told me in addition to watching the traffic slow down personally.
JayHowdy!

For my point, I'm going off of what several restaurant owners have told me in addition to watching the traffic slow down personally.
So....explain Chef Tai being up to four restaurants now.
Pilmer
AG

Fair enough.
Captn_Ag05
AG
With all of the events that now taking place during the summer (7 on 7, 4H, New Student Orientations, etc.) and now having over 30,000 students taking summer courses between A&M and Blinn, hopefully the summers are a bit easier on local businesses than in the past.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.