BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,022 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bcstx06 said:

lockett93 said:

tombdaddy504 said:

Given the level of traffic around town, I'm guessing everybody is on vacation. I can't post pics, but the Chick-Fil-A at Jones Crossing is flying along. I'd guess, maybe, a month? Anybody know who's managing it?

Jerald Huggins, Same operator as the Texas/Harvey and Wm D Fitch locations.

Has the West Bryan Chick-fil-a been cancelled? It was announced way before the Jones Crossing one. Maybe the new high rise proposals in that area will help the West Bryan one get going.
I'm not sure if the West Bryan Chick-fil-a was ever a thing. Seemed to me it was just a rumor and maybe they had unofficially announced it but I don't think they even filed any papers. In that sense, Lidl got farther along than Chick-fil-a did.
bcstx06
PS3D said:

bcstx06 said:

lockett93 said:

tombdaddy504 said:

Given the level of traffic around town, I'm guessing everybody is on vacation. I can't post pics, but the Chick-Fil-A at Jones Crossing is flying along. I'd guess, maybe, a month? Anybody know who's managing it?

Jerald Huggins, Same operator as the Texas/Harvey and Wm D Fitch locations.

Has the West Bryan Chick-fil-a been cancelled? It was announced way before the Jones Crossing one. Maybe the new high rise proposals in that area will help the West Bryan one get going.
I'm not sure if the West Bryan Chick-fil-a was ever a thing. Seemed to me it was just a rumor and maybe they had unofficially announced it but I don't think they even filed any papers. In that sense, Lidl got farther along than Chick-fil-a did.

Yes, there were plans submitted to the city for this Chick-fil-a

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/new-developments-headed-to-bryan-in-new-chick-fil-a/article_cec58890-f18b-11e7-8330-5f4d71fef042.amp.html

It's mentioned here:
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/application-updates/Case_Log.xlsx

And it's mentioned here:
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/SDRC/2017%20SDRC/12-19-17/12-19-17.pdf

I have even seen the plans on the City of Bryan Planning and Development website.

I think the owner of the Bryan location and the former Post Oak Mall location might have retired and maybe the new owner is the reason for the holdup. Maybe???

They are about to rebuild the East Bryan location.
carodz
AG
Hideaway Humidor is closing Wednesday 6/26.
law80
AG
carodz said:

Angry Elephant expansion?
techno-ag
AG
Looks like they're putting the final touches on that new Aurora Shell station at 29th and Villa Maria today.
Captn_Ag05
AG
carodz said:

Captn_Ag05
AG
Last couple of weeks new development for CS:

• Habitat for Humanity (PP2019-000005): 14015 Renee Lane; A Preliminary Plan of 9 lots on approximately 2 acres.
  • Millstone Estates (PP2019-000006): A Preliminary Plan of 29 lots on approximately 34 acres.
  • The Business Center at College Station Phase 2 Block 6 Lot 1 (PP2019- 000007): A Preliminary Plan of 5 lots on approximately 31 acres.
  • The Business Center at College Station Phase 2 Block 6 Lot 1 (FPCO2019-000015): A Preliminary Plan of 5 lots on approximately 31 acres.
  • Boat & RV Storage Center (SP2019-000023): 7103 Rock Prairie Road; A Site Plan for a boat and recreational vehicle storage business.
  • Paull Allergy Clinic (SP2019-000026): Harvey Road; A Site Plan for an allergy clinic
  • Cottagewood Subdivision (PP2019-000004): A Preliminary Plan of 2 lots on approximately 37 acres.
  • The Meadows Phase 3 (PP2019-000003): A Preliminary Plan of 38 lots on approximately 138 acres.
  • The Meadows Phase 3 (FP2019-000013): A Final Plat of 7 lots on approximately 13 acres.
  • Midtown Reserve Phase 200 (FP2019-000016): A Final Plat of 49 lots on approximately 11 acres.
  • Edelweiss Business Park Phase 1 Lot 3 (SP2019-000028): 13055 FM 2154; A Site Plan for a commercial business park.

http://cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=26967
Captn_Ag05
AG
New 10,000 square foot retail center coming to SH 21 in Bryan at Brookhaven.

https://brevitas.com/p/RnuGZTpjj/retail-center-2308-e-sh-21-bryan-tx-77803

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2019%20SDRC/6-25-19/SP19-36,%20Highway%2021%20Retail,%2006-25-19.pdf

fishngame06
AG
My wife and I checked out Art of War in downtown Bryan on Saturday night, along with another couple. We all enjoyed it tremendously and were pleasantly surprised. Good drinks and we had 6 of the 7 tapas, including the Paella, which were all fabulous. The owner and bartenders were extremely nice and even gave us some complimentary drink/tapa samples.

This place indeed offers something unique to the area and we all felt like we were back in Europe. It does need more marketing and foot-traffic though or else I'm not sure it will survive.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Quote:

COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS Frisco, Texas-based Brian Schiff & Associates will develop The Langford Retirement Community, a seniors housing property at 1851 Carroll Fancher Way in College Station.

Methodist Retirement Communities will operate the property, which will comprise 72 independent living units, 24 assisted living residences and 18 memory support units. Spellman Brady & Co. handled the interior design of the property. A construction timeline for The Langford was not released.

http://rebusinessonline.com/brian-schiff-associates-to-develop-114-unit-sf-seniors-housing-community-in-college-station/

Is this additional development to what is already at the Landford or just an old announcement (published earlier this month)?
mrm5932
AG
Anyone know what is going in off 6 where Dickeys BBQ used to be? Sign says sold now.
CEAg78
AG
mrm5932 said:

Anyone know what is going in off 6 where Dickeys BBQ used to be? Sign says sold now.
Ownership info on page 25. No details.
BusAg
AG
carodz said:

Anyone know why?
DisneyFan5
Does anyone know what is being built at Central Park?
toolshed
AG
https://kiwanisclubofcollegestation.portalbuzz.com/Fun-For-All-Playground
Captn_Ag05
AG
Councilwoman Harvell posted on Facebook that based on her conversations, there will not be a Waffle House, Trader Joe's, or Costco coming to the area anytime soon.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Councilwoman Harvell posted on Facebook that based on her conversations, there will not be a Waffle House, Trader Joe's, or Costco coming to the area anytime soon.

She give any reason(s) why?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Waffle House isn't expanding right now. I assume not large enough pop or right demographics for the other two.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Is the TruFit by target still on schedule for July 15? The location I called wasn't sure.
TheOC16
AG
I just got an email today saying it was "nearing completion", but no date was mentioned.
lucid
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Last couple of weeks new development for CS:

• Habitat for Humanity (PP2019-000005): 14015 Renee Lane; A Preliminary Plan of 9 lots on approximately 2 acres.
  • Millstone Estates (PP2019-000006): A Preliminary Plan of 29 lots on approximately 34 acres.
  • The Business Center at College Station Phase 2 Block 6 Lot 1 (PP2019- 000007): A Preliminary Plan of 5 lots on approximately 31 acres.
  • The Business Center at College Station Phase 2 Block 6 Lot 1 (FPCO2019-000015): A Preliminary Plan of 5 lots on approximately 31 acres.
  • Boat & RV Storage Center (SP2019-000023): 7103 Rock Prairie Road; A Site Plan for a boat and recreational vehicle storage business.
  • Paull Allergy Clinic (SP2019-000026): Harvey Road; A Site Plan for an allergy clinic
  • Cottagewood Subdivision (PP2019-000004): A Preliminary Plan of 2 lots on approximately 37 acres.
  • The Meadows Phase 3 (PP2019-000003): A Preliminary Plan of 38 lots on approximately 138 acres.
  • The Meadows Phase 3 (FP2019-000013): A Final Plat of 7 lots on approximately 13 acres.
  • Midtown Reserve Phase 200 (FP2019-000016): A Final Plat of 49 lots on approximately 11 acres.
  • Edelweiss Business Park Phase 1 Lot 3 (SP2019-000028): 13055 FM 2154; A Site Plan for a commercial business park.

http://cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=26967
I just heard Gogh Gogh Coffee is opening a second location "near Edelweiss". I wonder if they'll be part of this.
eloc62
So my son is going to Austin next week for a Rooster Teeth convention. Don't ask. Anyway, he was asking me to find him a couple good places to eat since I'm kinda a foodie when i travel. I found a Plucker's close to his hotel and looked at the menu since i have heard it mentioned here.I liked the menu. Looks like a place i would eat at if it were here. I am sending him there to check it out.
CDub06
AG
eloc62 said:

I'm kinda a foodie when i travel. I found a Plucker's close to his hotel
trouble
AG
I made the same face
TheOC16
AG
CDub06 said:

eloc62 said:

I'm kinda a foodie when i travel. I found a Plucker's close to his hotel

Hahaha, yeah, my first thought is "this guy apparently doesn't know what a 'foodie' is..."
trouble
AG
And Pluckers is good for what it is. It would do well here esp in South College Station. But, it's wings and chicken strips. It's nothing to get crazy excited over.
jeffk
AG
We really do need a place where you can get some wings and strips of chicken around here.
trouble
AG
Definitely lacking
DisneyFan5
eloc62 said:

So my son is going to Austin next week for a Rooster Teeth convention. Don't ask. Anyway, he was asking me to find him a couple good places to eat since I'm kinda a foodie when i travel. I found a Plucker's close to his hotel and looked at the menu since i have heard it mentioned here.I liked the menu. Looks like a place i would eat at if it were here. I am sending him there to check it out.
I hope he has a good time at RTX. We missed the first one in 2011, but took my boys and their friends for a number of years until I quit going with them last year. Always had fun.
eloc62
OK, I get the roasting of my previous post. Remember, I did not say these were places i was going to eat. He asked me to find him some places that "he" would like to eat at. I like to eat where the locals eat in every city that i travel to, but he is a 19 year old college student who wants to eat what 19 year old boy's eat that were close to his hotel. Mentioned Plucker's because i think it would do well here, despite all the other chicken places in town. I also recommended Threadgill's on Lamar for the 2nd night. Any objections with that? That's a place i would eat at.
trouble
AG
It's good not great these days.
eloc62
Dang it, I thought that place was an Austin "institution". Hate to hear that. May have to continue the search.
jrhmc
AG
eloc62 said:

Dang it, I thought that place was an Austin "institution". Hate to hear that. May have to continue the search.
They closed one location so the Lamar one is the only one left. My son loved it when he went at 17 but I could tell that the quality was down. There are a ton of good places on S. Congress across the bridge. If he likes bread and butter, there's a bakery (Easy Tiger) on 6th where you can get a freshly baked loaf with homemade butter that is to die for. I'm trying to think of more but we're in the "foodie" range now, too, and don't take the kids out as much in Austin. I'll ask my husband for recommendations since he's living there Mon-Fri now. I'm just waiting on the 16-year-old to graduate and I'll join him.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Went to threadgills last in May. The music was good (Beatles cover), but the food was average to below average. I'd put it below a place like Cotton Patch these days.
MS08
AG
Do not know much about Threadgills but for it to have some name recognition of being a good a "spot" and then compared to Cotton Patch...Yikes.

Guess it's the Herman Effect.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.