BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

572,996 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Gringo's situation kind of reminds me of Sprouts several years back (where the Spec's is now next to Home Depot, originally a Linens N Things). They had talked it up, planned the location, and may have even filed some permits, and then...it was gone, and they made a statement of how they pulled out of the location for the foreseeable future, but gave no real reason why.

Speaking of which, I have heard more rumblings regarding a long-rumored certain national retailer that sells food that has numerous Houston locations actually deciding on one of three locations in the area and have begun hiring upper management for the stores. I'll believe it when I see it.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Would such place be known for their cookie butter and cheap wine (i.e. two buck chuck?)
ratfacemcdougal
Chic-fil-a Jones has dirt work happening and a temporary coming soon sign....so I know it is chick filla
AggiePhil
AG
Panera Bread sells overpriced hospital food.
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

Would such place be known for their cookie butter and cheap wine (i.e. two buck chuck?)

That's an interesting guess...
australopithecus robustus
"Panera Bread sells overpriced hospital food"

Finally, someone said it! Couldn't agree more. I might get some flack for saying this, but I feel the same way about Blue Baker...
dallasiteinsa02
australopithecus robustus said:

"Panera Bread sells overpriced hospital food"

Finally, someone said it! Couldn't agree more. I might get some flack for saying this, but I feel the same way about Blue Baker...

More like Blue Baker sells overpriced hospital food on bakery quality bread.
UmustBKidding
I understand most hospital food, but there are outliers. Read about Arkansas Heart Hospital ramen. They even started a food truck.
I am not a Panera or BB fan either.
Costa and Andreas
I can confirm that we recently signed a lease for the Madhatter's space. We will start working very hard to be open in the fall after taking possession June 1.
Wicked Good Ag
ANyone know what the EXCELL GROUP will be putting in at Madhatters location ??
Costa and Andreas
EccellGroup yes!

The name will be

El Jefe
tequila joint
dallasiteinsa02
El Guapo would have been infamous.
Costa and Andreas
Haha yes! Thought about that but for reasons to later be revealed we concluded the brand of El Jefe will have more impact.
mgreen
Great job Costa! Fun watching you guys grow.
Costa and Andreas
Thanks Mike! We didn't purposefully try to take on two new projects at once. The Northgate location was a surprise, we didn't seek it out. So, now we have Burger Mojo and El Jefe probably opening simultaneously. It's gonna be a busy summer for us getting them both ready!! Fortunately, we are supported by a great team around us.
Olsen
AG
Just saw Fat Shack featured on Shark Tank. They got a deal with Mark Cuban for $250K for 15% of the company.
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

Any idea where the second Panera Bread location is going to go? Since the mayor said they've decided College Station is a community where they want a second location, I would assume they are pretty far in the process. I think next to the Chick-fil-a going in at Jones Crossing would be a strong candidate.
There was a building at Caprock Crossing in New Development the other day that had a restaurant with a menu board in the back directly adjacent to another office-type building. Since Panera Bread has a drive-through and other fast food restaurants typically use their own land, I would assume that's it, especially since it's on the opposite end of town.
halibut sinclair
Anyone tried What's tha Deal bbq on North Texas in Bryan? Been meaning to get over there but their hours have been weird. It's a food truck.

firefly1204
halibut sinclair said:

Anyone tried What's tha Deal bbq on Noth Texas in Bryan? Been meaning to get over there but their hours have been weird. It's a food truck.

Yes, I have. It's very good! They catered an event I was at and I was very impressed. Haven't had a chance to go by their foot truck yet but it's on my list. I think they were just open on weekends but if I remember correctly, their Facebook page said they were going to now be open Wed - Sun.
Maveric
AG
There is dirt work occurring at the corner of Nash and Broadmoor in Bryan. Any clue what that is going to be?
happyinBCS
Dirt work right next to Saltgrass. Anyone know what is going in there
JayHowdy!
happyinBCS said:

That should be Walk-Ons.
Broncos
JayHowdy! said:

happyinBCS said:

That should be Walk-Ons.

Finally a place to catch a game on the south end.
95_Aggie
AG
Dirt work (and tree demolition) at the NE corner of Deacon and Wellborn. Has it been mentioned before?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Per Rusty on KBTX, there's a Panda Express and Jason's Deli going in by the Chick Fil A near Bryan Super Walmart.
Rapier108
Captn_Ag05 said:

Per Rusty on KBTX, there's a Panda Express and Jason's Deli going in by the Chick Fil A near Bryan Super Walmart.
And the Chick Fil A will be torn down for a full rebuild.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
bcstx06
Couldn't tell if they where planning to build something there or it was drainage improvement.
Carny89
I saw this quote on IG. You are correct.
Carny89
How did texags not know this before rusty?
Captn_Ag05
AG
We are failing at our job.
PS3D
95_Aggie said:

Dirt work (and tree demolition) at the NE corner of Deacon and Wellborn. Has it been mentioned before?

New Development from Dec 18 says it's "The Crossing at Wellborn", a commercial development, but no building plans (much less tenant information) has been shown.
TimsParents
S
Which Bryan Walmart Briarcrest or Villa Maria?
Gig'Em & God Bless
Captn_Ag05
AG
Briarcrest
TimsParents
S
I can't even imagine what amount of business would be lost in the amount of time it would take to rebuild that chick Fil a
Gig'Em & God Bless
cajunken
TimsParents said:

I can't even imagine what amount of business would be lost in the amount of time it would take to rebuild that chick Fil a
I'm sure the construction crews will be working 24/6 on the project.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.