BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,012 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang. I was ready to get in line for some cookie butter and two buck chuck.
Collectonian
I don't remember seeing anything about it, but it looks like the Jack in the Box at Texas and Villa Maria is being renovated (yet again).
CWIsom
Just tear it down already!
JimInBCS
Heard a rumor that Great American Cookie Company as well as Marble Slab have their signs up in Tower Point.
Captn_Ag05
AG
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/hutto-field-of-dreams-on-its-way-800m-development-anchored-by-baseball-scouting-organization

Posting since there was some previous talk on here about the advantages of building a large indoor baseball complex. I'd imagine all the baseball that can get in there will be played at Hutto now. Huge boost to their economy with 600,000 visitors expected once complete.

Still think an indoor development for soccer to bring in tournaments could be a smart development plus would be great for locals.
MiMi
S
Jim - GACC and Marble Slab is a combo store that is going to be in Caprock Crossing where NobiliTea was located.
Wicked Good Ag
MOD pizza opened Friday morning. I think the ribbon cutting is in a couple of weeks but they had the first customers receive free pizza yesterday
medjunkie
Has anyone ate at the New Mexican restaurant on hwy 21, that used to peppers/ Polly's?
Been open for about 3 weeks now.
CDub06
AG
Just to clarify is it New Mexican food? Or is it just a new Tex-Mex joint?
ChampsAg
Salsa y Molcajete

Haven't tried it. Owners from California
toolshed
AG
HavinThangs said:

Just tear it down already!
Looks to be happening today!! Or a MAJOR remodel. I drove by around 1:30 and they were removing the roof overhangs. I couldn't tell if they were trying to salvage materials from it, or just gingerly taking it down vs taking an excavator to the structure to rip it to shreds. Either way, its more than a cosmetic upgrade.
patrick.redmill
CDub06 said:

Just to clarify is it New Mexican food? Or is it just a new Tex-Mex joint?

I'm not one of these folks that thinks everything we don't have would succeed here ... but I'm pretty sure a good frybread taco place would kill it here.

That said, I'll bet the farm on the latter
Collectonian
Looks like Urban Table is now fully open (versus the pop up menus)
trouble
AG
For dinner only. Opened last Monday. They'll start lunch in a couple weeks.
medjunkie
I could never catch the name fully, so thanks for that! May have to give it a try in the next week or so. Figured I'd ask here to see by chance if anyone had, although I hadn't seen any post about it.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Eagle is compiling a list of places that people in BCS think the area needs. Not sure for any purpose, but can sound odd by emailing them.

Quote:

What businesses or industries do you feel are missing from Bryan-College Station? What businesses do you look forward to visiting when you are out of town or miss after having moved to the area?

Email your suggestions to news@theeagle.com
Bunk Moreland
Quality strip club.
CDub06
AG
The Eagle is setting up a "Waffle House" email filter as we speak.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I was surprised they didn't have an email other than the news one to field such comments.

Trader Joe's and Dave and Busters seem to be the most popular requests on Facebook.
australopithecus robustus
Need to add bcstxauctions.com to new arrivals. Online auction house with a new Bryan location. Lots of good stuff!
TxAgg07
AG
Saw something on Twitter about Mad Hatters bar closing. Anybody heard or seen anything?
halibut sinclair
ChampsAg said:

Salsa y Molcajete

Haven't tried it. Owners from California
Salsas El Molcajete is the correct name.
The Anchor
AG
Frame is going up on Coopers.
DBSwooper
In regards to the Jack In The Box at E. Villa Maria and S. Texas in Bryan. It isn't a remodel, they have the roof off and only parts of the walls are still standing.

If it is a remodel, it is like how they "remodeled" the Zachary building on campus!
Jetty
AG
Any time line on the 2nd angry elephant or the tilted pint that are supposed to be opening by Copperfield?
95_Aggie
AG
So the Pappas family again says they have no plans to build in College Station. So how about selling the land to someone else so it doesn't look like such an eyesore on one of the gateway entrances to our city?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Organize a Texags email writing campaign
Captn_Ag05
AG
Little Land Play Gym and Zoner's Pizza, Wings, and Waffles coming to new center off Longmire by Walmart.
happyinBCS
interesting how the tax value has remained flat since they bought the property
EBrazosAg
AG
While "interesting " it is, looking at the site .... building over the Ditch/creek under the site certainly makes the value limited / cost high of doing something new there .....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

building over the Ditch/creek under the site certainly makes the value limited / cost high of doing something new there .....
Maybe the city should buy the land and develop it into a park.

j/k
agcfa
We are planning on Chick-fil-A at Jones Crossing (New HEB) to start construction next week.
1700 Harvey Mitchell Parkway South.

Hope to open in the fall around September or October if all goes well.
happyinBCS
Well of course they knew that when they bought it and demolished the building, if I remember correctly the City was going to pay for part of the cost to move it
double b
AG
agcfa said:

We are planning on Chick-fil-A at Jones Crossing (New HEB) to start construction next week.

Where's our Villa Maria Chick-fil-A??
PS3D
double b said:

agcfa said:

Where's our Villa Maria Chick-fil-A??

Wasn't that just a rumor?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.