BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,170 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JMac03 said:

TheOC16 said:

Thanks, I'll check those out. Still not close to my office, I'm up HWY 60 West past the exit for HWY 47.
Wings N More has a good grilled or fried chicken salad. They have the express one on 21.

There's a closer Wings n More Express on W. Villa Maria.
The Anchor
AG
ajolly said:

Restaurant and fast food market is so overly saturated. I dont understand how any of business can afford to stay open.

I would assume most people are like me and only have 5 or 6 restaurants they normally eat at.

Not even close. We seem to eat at 4 different restaurants each week.
emtes
AG
ajolly said:

Restaurant and fast food market is so overly saturated. I dont understand how any of business can afford to stay open.

I would assume most people are like me and only have 5 or 6 restaurants they normally eat at.
This. Restaurant buddy of mine said that most in this market are seeing at least 10% declines in gross revenues.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

T&P for your budget.
FIFY
The Anchor
AG
95_Aggie said:

Quote:

T&P for your budget.
FIFY

This I can agree with. Moving on now....
halibut sinclair
ethridgem
AG
Nam cafe expanding to S. College Station.

https://www.facebook.com/namcafetx/photos/a.1805420233094277/1989977694638529?type=3&sfns=mo
nought
AG
ethridgem said:

Nam cafe expanding to S. College Station.

https://www.facebook.com/namcafetx/photos/a.1805420233094277/1989977694638529?type=3&sfns=mo

The picture on Facebook appears to be the old Wayback burger location in caprock crossing.
datageek
ajolly said:

I was just writing a post about this, the local foot traffic data supports your assumption. Not only are people tied to the same familiar restaurants they save in their head, but the distance they are willing to travel is getting shorter and shorter (the traffic in the evenings means fewer people are willing to drive across town for dinner)

If you are dependant on foot traffic, locating right next to TAMU seems to work for most places, but now, you also need to have a great brand experience. With almost every food choice now you can go to multiple places, so what makes your business exciting and enticing matters as much as 'good food'.
TXAGGIE10
KidDoc
AG
Tads appears to finally be breaking ground at Fitch.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Collectonian
Aggieland Safari posted on Facebook that they will be opening May 9th. They now have prices up on their site, have started ticket sales, and note that the drive-thru part takes about an hour and a half to complete.

They still haven't actually posted where they are. According to their FAQ, it's 10 minutes to the east of Bryan proper and that they are keeping the exact location secret for privacy while they finish construction and acclimate the animals.
EBrazosAg
AG
KidDoc said:

Tads appears to finally be breaking ground at Fitch.

So it's not the next Pappasitios.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
law80
AG
Collectonian said:

Aggieland Safari posted on Facebook that they will be opening May 9th. They now have prices up on their site, have started ticket sales, and note that the drive-thru part takes about an hour and a half to complete.

They still haven't actually posted where they are. According to their FAQ, it's 10 minutes to the east of Bryan proper and that they are keeping the exact location secret for privacy while they finish construction and acclimate the animals.

The address is out there. You just have to know where to look.
Rexter
Aggieland Jurassic Park
EBrazosAg
AG
gunan01
AG
Anyone make it to the Krispy Kreme Grand Opening Party and get the free doughnut stamp card?
MadDog73
AG
law80 said:

Collectonian said:

Where should I look?
Rexter
MadDog73 said:

law80 said:

Collectonian said:

Where should I look?

I'd look on FM 974 about two miles north of Hwy 21. Check the mailbox.
ethridgem
AG
Brazos County Appraisal District
Ajollyag
Wife talked to a employee at one of the HEB's around town and he said they were opening up an HEB somewhere on Boonville within the year.

If thats the case, I find it hard to believe it will be on boonville and university. That one house near the corner is up for lease. Shocked nobody has bought the land there yet
PS3D
ajolly said:

Wife talked to a employee at one of the HEB's around town and he said they were opening up an HEB somewhere on Boonville within the year.

If thats the case, I find it hard to believe it will be on boonville and university. That one house near the corner is up for lease. Shocked nobody has bought the land there yet
First guess would be Boonville and Copperfield, NW corner. Second guess, if it would be "within the year", it would be actually buying out the Kroger. Unlikely, I know, but it would be the only way H-E-B would be able to open it within a year AND it would explain why that expansion of the store Kroger filed for a year or two back isn't happening yet.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I previously heard speculation that it would be at University and Boonville, but recently was told it would be on Boonville between University and where Christopher's is located.

Not sure I buy it because I had also been told they wanted it to be in CS due to having a good working relationship with the city with two recent store developments.
Cyp0111
I wouldn't be surprised if the developers of Century Square tried to get the new HEB urban format on the open Corner lot of the development. They're in final construction phase of a similar HEB urban storefront in Houston in a mixed-use development.
Captn_Ag05
AG
That would be pretty amazing.
Ajollyag
Cyp0111 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the developers of Century Square tried to get the new HEB urban format on the open Corner lot of the development. They're in final construction phase of a similar HEB urban storefront in Houston in a mixed-use development.

Hell no! I aint paying for parking/try to find a parking spot.
trouble
AG
They just announced changes to that today
techno-ag
AG
Just park in the garage and take your groceries upstairs.
Collectonian
More on the Century Square parking change (short version - the garage is now free, year round, 24/7, even on game days)
PS3D
Cyp0111 said:

The only reason why H-E-B is building stores like that is because of land availability and it's increasingly hard for H-E-B to build a large footprint store in an area where land is at a premium and it's basically impossible to build something on the level of Tower Point or Jones Crossing inside the loop or areas immediately outside. If Century Square were to build a grocery store, it would probably be a specialty grocery store, like Trader Joe's.
ethridgem
AG
PS3D said:

If Century Square were to build a grocery store, it would probably be a specialty grocery store, like Trader Joe's.
Exactly right.
95_Aggie
AG
They are building some 2 story stores in Houston, but I am not sure if that would be economical in this area.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
The new HEB in the heights is actually one story. The parking is two stories with the store being located on the upper level so bottom floor (garage) parking uses escalators or elevators.

It is a really nice and easy in my opinion and happy it is finally open.

Captn_Ag05
AG
ethridgem said:

PS3D said:

If Century Square were to build a grocery store, it would probably be a specialty grocery store, like Trader Joe's.
Exactly right.
Any knowledge here or just agree with the sentiment?
ethridgem
AG
Just agree with the statement. Sorry for any confusion (or getting hopes up)!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.