BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,064 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like Wayside Food Park is shut down.
Cyp0111
That did not last long at all. Imagine it was thinly capitalized.
JMac03
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Was this the one across from campus behind Northgate? I only went once. Parking is terrible and half the vendors weren't even open.
Collectonian
Captn_Ag05 said:

Not surprised. Been there for lunch a couple of times and every time, all but three trucks were closed. Many of the reviews I've seen about it have mention similar issues - no matter when they went, it was always jut a couple of trucks open.

Guessing they bet it all on the dinner/bar crowd, but even then, the trucks were kind of meh overall so doubt it had much appeal. I saw the Time for Thai truck left back in December, and wondered if that was a sign it was failing.
KidDoc
AG
JMac03 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Was this the one across from campus behind Northgate? I only went once. Parking is terrible and half the vendors weren't even open.
We tried to go one Sunday after church so around 12:30 and nobody was open. Hard to be successful when you aren't open during the posted hours.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mgreen
When the city hid the park behind fences that was the kiss of death. Out of site, out of mind.
Love Gun
We didn't need it anyway. It was very Austin-like.
australopithecus robustus
Once the Cafe Eccell parking lot was gone that side of Northgate was doomed
Wicked Good Ag
As many have said Wayside was a failure of it's own demise. It CONSTANTLY wasn't open during posted hours and advertising was at best minimal. After the third time I tried to go I gave up completely.
Captn_Ag05
AG
More on the future of midtown CS:

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/New-College-Station-Midtown-expected-to-be-city-center-bring-more-recreation-505596901.html
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

future of midtown CS
I hope it succeeds but call me skeptical ...

I fondly remember the tremendous success of the Wolf Pen Creek Riverwalk project.
PS3D
Sweet Horse is opening a new location inside the Jones Crossing H-E-B (signage up).
bushytailed
AG
95_Aggie said:

Quote:

future of midtown CS
I hope it succeeds but call me skeptical ...

I fondly remember the tremendous success of the Wolf Pen Creek Riverwalk project.
So College Station and Bryan are going to create midtown areas?
http://www.bryantx.gov/midtown/?fbclid=IwAR00nnu6zJZP3VpqJgOO_PI5cmqBWTTR9sziCg7DHEF0xhSuztnTKkOST6Q
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yes. Seems like one would rebrand but what do I know.
isitjustme
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Yes. Seems like one would rebrand but what do I know.
That area of Bryan has always been referred to as midtown. Bryan also has a downtown. CS has neither but they keep trying to artificially create a downtown and now a midtown.

I think the new planned CS development has a chance to be good, but that area doesn't strike me as the geographic midtown of CS.

In Bryan's case, it's more of a public works project in an attempt to lure private sector development dollars to the area. I wasn't a big fan of the public dollars spent on downtown Bryan but that area is getting better all the time. Maybe the midtown effort will turn out good as well, but it's going to take a long, long time.
australopithecus robustus
Midtowns exist all over the world. No need to rebrand
bcstx06
It seems to me that the College Station Midtown is more of what we already have and I think it will dilute other similar developments that are trying to be great. For example:
Lake walk/Atlas
Wolf Pen Creek
Veterans Park
Century Square
The new Bryan Midtown Park
carodz
AG
What will this mean for the greenway?
armymom
With Midtown coming is there any plans to widen east Rock Prairie?
Rexter
armymom said:

Sure. CoCS will wait until everything is built out. Then they will submit a proposal, and get the project going 10 years later.
medjunkie
So a 3rd caprock ER? Have they opened the urgent care?
RGRAg1/75
AG
Rexter said:

armymom said:

Sure. CoCS will wait until everything is built out. Then they will submit a proposal, and get the project going 10 years later.

I just figured they'd do "incremental improvements" every 18 months so that the east side stays under construction like the west side did for the next 10 years.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
KidDoc said:

JMac03 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

We tried to go one Sunday after church so around 12:30 and nobody was open. Hard to be successful when you aren't open during the posted hours.

Wife and I went once for lunch last summer.

Literally no one was open, so we left and never wanted to go back.
dgonzo99
BCS Modern is working on a new development in Downtown Bryan. It will be 200,000 square feet of multi-use space. Restaurants, 130 apartments, and event space.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is that the Lorca North project?
dgonzo99
Captn_Ag05 said:

Yes.
bcstx06
Captn_Ag05 said:

https://www.facebook.com/lorcanorth/photos/a.579377128907701/791399507705461/?type=3&theater
ChampsAg
Has been open for a while now
ethridgem
AG
ethridgem said:

Jones Crossing Update

UPDATED 02/11/2019 9:40AM

HEB - open
Twin Liquor - open
Oishi Sushi - open
Sports Clips - open
Angel Nails - open
Super Cuts - open
CS Dental - open
MOD Super Fast Pizza - under construction
Zero Degrees
Chicken Salad Chick
Chick-fil-A
Threads Boutique
The Joint
CapRock ER
Sweet Horse

Thanks to Oldham Goodwin for the updated info.
PS3D
New Development was released today, a bit more than usual but nothing too groundbreaking.

- Site plan released of building planned to replace Silk Stocking
- An expansion to a building at Rock Prairie and Edelweiss
- Expansion to Crossroads Storage further down Wellborn Road

Nothing on Jones Crossing, Holleman/2818, or whatever they're clearing out at next to Prosperity Bank at Wellborn Road.
AG 86 BC
AG
Is Lorca North something that will really happen?
eloc62
What's going in next to mcdonalds at tower point? Also, when i went to Lowes on Sunday i saw a sign on the Tad's seafood lot next to it that said "watch our progress" on their sites. Their progress so far has been like, well, nothing..
mgreen
eloc62 said:

What's going in next to mcdonalds at tower point? Also, when i went to Lowes on Sunday i saw a sign on the Tad's seafood lot next to it that said "watch our progress" on their sites. Their progress so far has been like, well, nothing..
Ihop
java94
AG
I don't recall ever bearing what is going in just north of the Mercedes dealership? I originally thought Coopers was going in at Sebesta Rd, but now see sinage it's going to be at Pavilion. Is it yet another dealership?
The Anchor
AG
Yes. There will be 3 dealerships there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.