BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,093 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great Lesson for the Comings and Goings Thread: Serve the people what they want and they will keep coming. BBQ places that offer plates and plate pricing are easy for diners as they don't have to figure out how many lbs. is enough or too much/little, and the sides come as expected on the plate. C&J's, J Cody's, and Martin's quality is good enough if you just want to eat a little BBQ instead of having a "BBQ Experience."
happyinBCS
With the investment Coopers is making people will be lined up around the building a 15,000 sq ft building with 220 parking spaces is no Dickey's
AggiePhil
AG
The Squire Shop menswear rumored to be coming.
Sleepnumber
AG
AggiePhil said:

The Squire Shop menswear rumored to be coming.
Hope so. Any more info----when, where....
TheOC16
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

LastHamlet said:

Love Gun said:

LastHamlet said:

Love Gun said:

eloc62 said:

New Coopers BBQ place moving dirt and planning to be open this summer. It's a big place. Which local place will it affect more? C&J's, Fargo's, Rudy's...etc.

None. It will be like another Dickey's.

Doubt that.

Great post. Would read again.

Dickey's was garbage. I have eaten at Coopers before and it blows them away. It won't be another Dickey's.

Dickey's original location was terrific. As they franchised out, the model went downhill kind of like Sonny Bryan's.

Of the list in the original post, I just don't understand C&Js. It is average at best. I think they only exist because people like being able to order a plate instead of the per pound and side route.
I consider myself a bit of a BBQ connoisseur, and I'll say that I frequent C&Js. Do I consider it great BBQ? No. But, it is perfect for my lifestyle because I often want something quick (get in and get out with your food in less than 5 minutes), want something cheap (I always go their day-old route for meat), and healthy. Their collard greens are some of the best greens I've had, and you couple that with smoked turkey, pork loin, or even ribs or brisket with no sauce and that's a very healthy meal.

It is essentially my healthy alternative to fast food in town.
BradC34
AG
agrab86 said:

Great Lesson for the Comings and Goings Thread: Serve the people what they want and they will keep coming. BBQ places that offer plates and plate pricing are easy for diners as they don't have to figure out how many lbs. is enough or too much/little, and the sides come as expected on the plate. C&J's, J Cody's, and Martin's quality is good enough if you just want to eat a little BBQ instead of having a "BBQ Experience."

Even 1775 has plates, and that's a pretty damn good BBQ experience.
isitjustme
AG
I've heard good things about 1775, but I don't count them with the other places mentioned as the other places are 6-7 days/week (Tue-Fri for Martins) while 1775 is only Thur-Sat. When it's not an everyday place that can sell until sold out you can do different things, and usually have higher quality, than places that are open 11-9 or 10 on most days.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Heismenberg said:

Howdy's Pizza seems to be picking up steam per their Facebook page. Looks like they will open in the next month or so.
They posted today that they will be opening in a couple of weeks
The Anchor
AG
Take the BBQ bickering elsewhere please. Stick to the comings and goings of BCS.
htxfan21
I seriously doubt it. Lexus is extremely competitive and hard to get into. I know they were trying to get a Lexus dealership in South Texas a few years ago, but got beat out by a different ownership group.
eloc62
So I drove by the Jersey Mike's place place today to look inside hoping they were getting close. Looks like they still have a lot to do, but a lot can be done in a week.
J182
AG
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Eskimo Hut is closed permanently.
B2BCS15
AG
Just a quick update on Jersey Mike's: We thought we'd get CO last week in time to do our training and January 23rd grand opening. Unfortunately that didn't happen so we've pushed our grand opening to Jan 30th-Feb 3rd. We've teamed up with Scotty's House as our charity partner for our 5 day grand opening and hope to be able to raise a bunch of money for their noble cause. We are also partnering with the College Station HS band to raise some money for them as well so be sure to head out and help us support the community.
KidDoc
AG
I am happy for you guys and ready to try the shop but paragraphs are a pretty awesome invention.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Legacy Work Spaces
Legacy Office Suites & Solutions has completed its interior expansion, is now open , and actively leasing its Phase 2 office suites. We will be having a huge announcement/give away in the coming few weeks! You all are welcome to come by and take a look!
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
B2BCS15
AG
Sorry, I get long winded. Got all our finals this morning so January 30th grand opening on the books!
TheAlarmGuy
Love Gun said:

eloc62 said:

New Coopers BBQ place moving dirt and planning to be open this summer. It's a big place. Which local place will it affect more? C&J's, Fargo's, Rudy's...etc.

None. It will be like another Dickey's.
seriously doubt that.
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Love Gun
Thanks. We've already covered this days ago. Try to keep up.
KidDoc
AG
We attended the Urban Table pop up tonight and it was excellent. The new restaurant is sounding great. He also mentioned a grand opening VIP event March 22 and 23 as a fundraiser for coaches Jimbo and Blair so mark your calanders!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggiePhil
AG
KidDoc said:

fundraiser for coaches Jimbo and Blair

o_O
KidDoc
AG
AggiePhil said:

KidDoc said:

fundraiser for coaches Jimbo and Blair

o_O
For their charities. Kidzfirst for Jimbo and Fun For All playground for Blair. Not for the actual coaches sorry haha
AggiePhil
AG
Ah, gotcha.
trouble
AG
Paolo's is now open for Sunday brunch
95_Aggie
AG
So Bucee's can expand out of state but they can't come to B/CS? Even worse the founder is an Ag.

And before you say we are too small, there is a small Bucee's on 290 at Mueschke Rd in Houston.
law80
AG
That Bucee's is going to be changing to a Stripes soon and was there before the big Bucee's was put in.
ethridgem
AG
AGnCS said:

in Houston.
You answered your own question there, chief.

It isn't about the population of the area, but the number of travelers that pass through.
95_Aggie
AG
Isn't there a Bucee's in Bastrop?
techno-ag
AG
AGnCS said:

Isn't there a Bucee's in Bastrop?
And Madisonville.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
95_Aggie
AG
The Madisonville one make sense since it is I-45. The "not enough traffic" reason was always used for Cracker Barrel too.

That's all from me. Back to Comings and Goings.
Look Out Below
AG
The one in Bastrop is the perfect halfway stop to San Marcos/New Braunfels/San Antonio. Also a good place to stop on the way to Austin too. That location kills it.
PS3D
I wonder why New Development hasn't updated since December's last update.
AgsWin2011
AG
Probably because the cost of land here is insanely stupid.
Captn_Ag05
AG
PS3D said:

Updated today. There is a gas station, convenience store, and 12,000 sq. ft. of retail going in at the corner of Kenyon and Holleman. Link: http://cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=26615

The other updates from today and earlier this year are residential developments.

TXAG 05
AG
ethridgem said:

AGnCS said:

in Houston.
You answered your own question there, chief.

It isn't about the population of the area, but the number of travelers that pass through.

That little one isn't really in Houston, its not really even in Cypress.

BCS could get a little Buccees but I doubt there will ever be one of the giant ones since BCS isn't really on the way to anything. People coming from SA will have stopped in Bastrop, Dallas people in Madisonville and Houston will stop at the big one in Waller.
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

PS3D said:

Updated today. There is a gas station, convenience store, and 12,000 sq. ft. of retail going in at the corner of Kenyon and Holleman. Link: http://cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=26615

The other updates from today and earlier this year are residential developments.

Still not listed here: http://cstx.gov/Index.aspx?page=2313

EDIT: I see that there's a drive-through lane on the building behind the gas station...

Heismenberg said:

Probably because the cost of land here is insanely stupid.

The actual reason probably has to do with traffic counts. Once you actually get out of town and local traffic diminishes, Highway 6 is pretty empty compared to 290, 45, or 71.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.