The New Republic Steakhouse

13,933 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DeWrecking Crew
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very pleased and honored for Elite Electric to have been chosen to do the electrical work at the new Republic location. Y'all, it looks amazing inside, everything is top notch! I have been told they open officially on 12.26, please do yourself a favor and make a reservation for dinner at the new place you will not be disappointed by the interior finish out.

redd38
AG
Wow, that looks great.
Gibbs Slap
AG
Looks nice!!
techno-ag
AG
Classy looking joint.
halibut sinclair
dave99ag
AG
Can't wait to see bar 2.0 as well!
AggieBarstool
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Texags discount code?
AggiePhil
AG
Yeah, when's the soft opening?
vhz
Went on Thursday for somewhat of a soft opening. The place is incredible, Wade did it right. You can tell
Wade spent a lot of time getting the details just right. There's obviously a lot more space through out the entire place as well as a lot of private rooms for dining and another area with multiple tv's instead of just the one in the bar like the old location. Still has a lot of the old building in the design, really neat picture when you walk in of the old bar. Food was excellent as usual, so nice to have a beautiful building in that shopping center versus the eye sore of buildings that have been there forever.
Rexter
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Texags discount code?

Free water?
CS78
I have many leather bound books and my place smells of rich mahogany.
Oogway
Elite, Your crew did nice work!

*Unrelated to electrical, are those longhorns in the third picture and why are their horns intact?

*J/k

Here's to many more years of dining at The Republic.

phatpat21
Very nice
Carnwellag2
Is this the place that boils their steaks??
musicman55
AG
So where is the new location? Their website gives no info....
denied
The other side of the parking lot; basically on top of where Shake's stand used to be.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Fronting on University. Adjacent to the previous location. Maybe 200 yards closer to Texas. Brand new construction
musicman55
AG
Ok thanks.
AggieBarstool
Yes.

Their steak are good. Not the best, but solid. Their other food is even better.
FlyRod
Sous vide isn't "boiling," the way grilling isn't "barbecueing."

Agreed their steaks are not "the best"...but certainly the best in BCS, although I'm willing to give Porter's another shot (they are quite good).
Sleepnumber
AG
"The best in the BCS". That's a sad commentary on local restaurants. I like Republic but their steaks are tasteless
FlyRod
You're probably not using enough ketchup.
MadDog73
AG
saray said:

"The best in the BCS". That's a sad commentary on local restaurants. I like Republic but their steaks are tasteless
So enlighten us with your restaurant choice for a steak. In BCS and other locals.
Wicked Good Ag
If willing to drive I would try Leona General Store

But I think Republic has the best steaks in town. That said you can get a better value at other places when comparing the difference vs added cost
Sleepnumber
AG
MadDog73 said:

saray said:

So enlighten us with your restaurant choice for a steak. In BCS and other locals.
Christopher's, Madden's, Veritas, Porter's.....
cslifer
If those are the names you are throwing out as better than The Republic I am going to guess you have never eaten at any of the places you listed.
MadDog73
AG
saray said:

MadDog73 said:

saray said:

Christopher's, Madden's, Veritas, Porter's.....
I have eaten at all 4. I will never set foot in Porter's again because of bad service. The other 3 are good but I wouldn't rate them better than the The Republic. To each his own.
Sleepnumber
Bucketrunner
Our steaks at Republic were excellent cuts of beef but had absolutely no flavor. Won't order those there again. I have heard they do a great shrimp and grits. Will have to try that.
Sleepnumber
AG
I'll say it again-I like Republic. I just don't care for the taste of their steaks
AggieBarstool
cslifer said:

If those are the names you are throwing out as better than The Republic I am going to guess you have never eaten at any of the places you listed.

Lol, seriously? We may not have the high end options the likes of a major metro, but to slam our local high end eateries like that is... well... telling of your sense of taste. All places listed are excellent in their own right.
cslifer
To me the only two on the list are Republic then Christophers. The others aren't even close. That being said, you brought up "our local" eateries...who cares if they are local or not? Would you really spend/waste your money on an inferior product just because it is "local"?
KidDoc
AG
My favorite steak in town is Porter's and Veritas. Veritas blue cheese crust is amazing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JarAG2007
AG
I agree that the steaks at Republic might not pack as much flavor as those at Christopher's, but that is why they serve them with a trio of sauces. I love that green steak sauce mixed with some of the horseradish sauce.

In regards to other foods, the lamb at Republic is definitely better than Christopher's. Also, the drink menu and bar at the Republic are better. Try the Bloody Marys at Republic, my wife's favorite in town and i don't think its on the menu anymore. Both have good soups. Both dessert menus are pretty good although i think some other places in town have better desserts.

In regards to other places in town with good steaks i like the duck at Veritas and they have amazing calamari, but i wouldn't put their steaks with the top two. Others like Maddens i don't think are in the same ballpark. I haven't tried Porters but haven't heard good things either.

Biggest thing is if you want a complete plate with sides and no thought then Christopher's is the place for you, and if you like to make your own plate with sides then Republic is the place to go. This is just my two cents on those restaurants. To each is own.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.