Clerk shot multiple times at rock prairie gas station

18,194 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieBarstool
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/College-Station-gas-station-clerk-shot-multiple-times--502894161.html

Holy moly. No update on the clerk's condition.

T&Ps
Love Gun
The clerk has passed. God bless her and her family.

Find this piece of trash, CSPD.
kevmiller
This guy doesn't deserve prison after trial.

Close your eyes.. this won't take long
Aggie
AG
kevmiller said:

This guy doesn't deserve prison after trial.

Close your eyes.. this won't take long

Agree 100%
Here you have a person working.. this person went to work and lost her life at the hands of a piece of chit trash looking to steal. And because if him someone has lost a loved one a week before Christmas.

Does not deserve the luxury of jail...a roof over his head, healthcare, 3 meals a day ect ect. People that murder innocent people don't deserve that.. shoot them between the eyes and be done with them.

Makes me sick to my stomach

dubi
AG
Quote:

shoot them between the eyes and be done with them.
+1
Bunk Moreland
Does anyone know which woman it was? I frequent the place often. This is so sad
Rapier108
Clearly no good deed goes unpunished.
AgDotCom
A guy matching the name and the Brenham / Houston connections has a Facebook page.

Like Rapier said, this guy might not be the perp, might be the owner of the car connected with it. Car could be stolen for that matter. Glad they have this to go on though.
Lex
I think it's the girl we all think it is. I just saw her there Friday
AgDotCom
Have their been any definitive statements that the perp has fled to Houston / out of town? My daughter first alerted me to the shooting when a friend of hers staying in the Woodcreek subdivision area sent a text message about it. Another text stated police were checking driveways in the area. I haven't seen the texts so can't confirm, but I also don't think my daughter would make this up.

Speaking of daughters, I have two and thinking of the victim and her family makes me sick. I want to vomit.
Love Gun
Lex said:

I think it's the girl we all think it is. I just saw her there Friday

Anita Randle was her name.
45-70Ag
AG
My wife and i haven't lived in college station in years but i lurk on this board just to keep up with what's going on.

Unbelievably sad and hard to believe this happened in college station.

May he be found so he can be killed and i hope he doesn't take his own life. I want someone else to take it.

He's in custody.
Too bad. Alive.
Aggie
AG
Irish_Man said:

hard to believe this happened in college station.

Unfortunately this gets said more and more
missB
Aggie said:

Here you have a person working.. this person went to work and lost her life at the hands of a piece of chit trash looking to steal.

An innocent life taken and a family now shattered. So terribly sad.

I realize criminals aren't the most intelligent or rational people but why not attempt to rob the store then get the hell out? He's now gone from attempted robbery to murder.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Love Gun said:

The clerk has passed. God bless her and her family.

Find this piece of trash, CSPD.

dubi
AG
The "alleged" perp has been apprehended.

Link
localag242
The perp is in custody so can we curtail the arm chair policing.
We should as a community have this family in our prayers and comfort them best we can during this very trying time.
Love Gun
Rapier108 said:

They said over the radio who they're looking for. May be the guy, or just someone connected to the vehicle.

Rufus Edward Lockett
Born in 1989 (Didn't get the month and year)
5'7"
Black Male
Gray Ford Fusion

I also missed the temp tag# on the vehicle. Wasn't expecting them to say anything since everything shooting related has been on a channel that doesn't come over the scanner for several hours.

From a Google search, and then going to the El Paso case search website, looks like he has an arrest for Burglary in 2009, got 3 years in TDCJ for it. The description matches so it is likely the same person. He has connections to Brenham.

https://casesearch.epcounty.com/PublicAccess/default.aspx

If this is the same guy, he also got 8 years for trying to burn down the Brenham high school for not wanting to take a TAKS test. What a winner. Wow.

https://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/59751262.html
DimeBox17
AG
I manage a convenience store in town and I can't imagine receiving a phone call that one of my employees had been shot while at work. Most of these clerks who work in this business are very nice people and are working two jobs trying to support their family any way they can.

Like others stated, this guy doesn't deserve a prison sentence.
AggieBaseball06
AG
Love Gun said:

Rapier108 said:

They said over the radio who they're looking for. May be the guy, or just someone connected to the vehicle.

Rufus Edward Lockett
Born in 1989 (Didn't get the month and year)
5'7"
Black Male
Gray Ford Fusion

I also missed the temp tag# on the vehicle. Wasn't expecting them to say anything since everything shooting related has been on a channel that doesn't come over the scanner for several hours.

From a Google search, and then going to the El Paso case search website, looks like he has an arrest for Burglary in 2009, got 3 years in TDCJ for it. The description matches so it is likely the same person. He has connections to Brenham.

https://casesearch.epcounty.com/PublicAccess/default.aspx

If this is the same guy, he also got 8 years for trying to burn down the Brenham high school for not wanting to take a TAKS test. What a winner. Wow.

https://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/59751262.html

Well good news for him... You don't have to take any TAKS tests in Huntsville.
saltydog13
AG
20 year old high schooler at that. What a ****ing winner.
Oogway
saltydog13 said:

I believe you may have been speed reading and missed that the time between arrest and sentencing was about two years, so he was an 18 year old high schooler. But, still not an upstanding community member.
saltydog13
AG
Oogway said:

saltydog13 said:

I believe you may have been speed reading and missed that the time between arrest and sentencing was about two years, so he was an 18 year old high schooler. But, still not an upstanding community member.

Whoops. Yep speed reading and missed that.
Aggie
AG
Guy was already serving a prison sentace for burglaries in El Paso when he was sentenced for 8 years for setting a classroom on fire.
Now 8 years later he murders an innocent woman in an aggravated robbery.

So now he will sit in jail for months possibly years awaiting trial. If he even gets the death penalty he will sit another several years before execution... someone give me a good reason why we just don't put a bullet in their head and be done with them. Instead we will waste thousands of dollars to house these inmates , provide them free medical care.
Most live a better life on the inside than they would on the outside.
Makes no sense at all
W
AG
very sad story.

I hope the convenience store owner carried workers comp. Unfortunately not all do
TxSquarebody
We definitely need to revamp the death penalty. My suggestion, complete initial conviction and sentencing. Proceed with automatic appeal upon death sentence. Defense gets six months to discover new evidence. Execution within 24 hours of sentence being upheld. Fair and just.
Floor it until you see God
theycallmemrtibbs

Quote:

Lockett is being charged with aggravated robbery, according to Brazos County Justice Web.

Can someone explain why he isn't charged with murder? Is this just delayed timing because of investigation? Seems pretty straightforward to me. But I'm not a LEO, nor do I play one on TV.

My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Ms. Randle.

Love Gun
theycallmemrtibbs said:

Quote:

Lockett is being charged with aggravated robbery, according to Brazos County Justice Web.

Can someone explain why he isn't charged with murder? Is this just delayed timing because of investigation? Seems pretty straightforward to me. But I'm not a LEO, nor do I play one on TV.

My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Ms. Randle.

You don't want to charge with capital murder unless the evidence clearly suggests that is the case. In court, charges can go down, but not up. In other words, he won't be charged with murder if he goes to court on a manslaughter charge. More charges can always be added later - and in this case, will.

The aggravated robbery charge is what they can initially charge him with based on witnesses and the video evidence. This felony charge is also enough to give him a huge bail ($250,000) in hopes of keeping him locked away until the trial.
gb2074
AG
I just wanted to say that Anita helped me at that store many times. I didn't even know her name until this happened. She was very friendly. This is sad. Also, all of you arguing about the description of the suspect could not be more insensitive.
txxwildcard
In case anyone can help out!!!

"Mrs. Anita's family is asking for help for Dinner for Tuesday and Friday of this week for a family of 8. Please reach out to me ASAP if an individual would like to donate or local restaurant. They are not picky and if easier they don't mind a gift card. They are currently working on a Donation Account for funeral expenses. Thank you in advance, and please continue to keep them in your prayers as today is also her grandson's (that lived with her)

Lynnette, a friend of the family is arranging drop off, but she said anywhere between 4pm to 6pm as the family is in and out making funeral arrangements. The 8 adults include 7 adults and 1 five year old boy. Her contact number is 979-402-5339.

https://www.facebook.com/8310861/posts/10114273218507574/
TxSquarebody
Would you please update when they have a donation account set up? I don't have FB.
Floor it until you see God
txxwildcard
Absolutely!!!
txxwildcard
Here is the gofundme link...

https://www.gofundme.com/funeral-expenses-for-anita-randle?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_campmgmtbnr_w
AgDotCom

Thank you for posting the link.
aviationag
AG
This is a terrible tragedy. Although I haven't lived in CS since last year, I often stopped here. Thank you for posting the Go Fund Me site. My thoughts and prayers are with this family in their grief.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.