Clerk shot multiple times at rock prairie gas station

18,273 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieBarstool
AggieRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just seeing this post. If they still need meals for Friday please have them call Smitty K's and we'll get them taken care of
Rapier108
Edit: comment I replied to was deleted.

[We deleted a lot of posts that derailed this thread. -Staff]
happyinBCS
So sad I go there often and was out of town when it happened. Her obit is on the Hiller website
legalbird
Bad idea to commit a crime like this in Brazos County.

I think we are one of the few counties left in TX where the jurors are not afraid to give you 85 years or worse as a verdict.

Good luck to the convict.

theycallmemrtibbs
legalbird said:

Good luck?! Are you kidding me?? He killed an innocent woman just trying to earn a living. May he rot in jail or, better yet and god willing, enjoy his brief stay at the Walls Unit.
halibut sinclair
theycallmemrtibbs said:

legalbird said:

Good luck?! Are you kidding me?? He killed an innocent woman just trying to earn a living. May he rot in jail or, better yet and god willing, enjoy his brief stay at the Walls Unit.
Methinks you totally missed the point of his post.
Rapier108
Quote:

A Brenham man being held in connection to a Sunday robbery that left a convenience store clerk dead has been charged in a Dec. 3 robbery in Bryan in which a clerk was shot.

According to the Bryan Police Department, Rufus Edward Lockett, 29, was charged with aggravated robbery and possession of a firearm by a felon on Thursday in a robbery at the Apple Stop in Bryan. Lockett is also charged in a Sunday robbery at the Corner Store on Rock Prairie Road that left 54-year-old Anita Jean Randle dead after she was shot multiple times.

According to Bryan police, around 7 a.m. Dec. 3, a man called 911 and said he had arrived at the Apple Stop at 300 E. Villa Maria Road and found the store clerk unresponsive on the floor. The 32-year-old employee was taken to CHI St. Joseph's Hospital for treatment. Police noted in a report that doctors said the clerk suffered a shot to the chest that caused major damage to his internal organs, including his heart. The report states the clerk has been in the intensive care unit at the hospital since the shooting.

Detectives were able to pull up surveillance video that showed a man pull up to the Apple Stop in a silver Ford around 6:45 a.m. that day. The Ford did not have a front license plate, and the rear plate appeared to have a paper tag on it. The man, later identified by authorities as Lockett, walked with his toes pointed outward, which was unique, the report notes.

Authorities say Lockett walked up to the counter and removed a handgun from his pocket, pointing it at the clerk's chest. The clerk pulled the money from the register and placed it on the counter. Police said Lockett then grabbed the cash and fired the gun -- which appeared to be a 9 millimeter pistol with a camouflage print -- at the clerk, who fell to the ground.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/brenham-man-arrested-in-college-station-slaying-also-charged-in/article_d4d9dfa6-ac7c-536f-8a26-d0d84b3b85f7.html
ratfacemcdougal
Does this guy qualify for 3 strikes?
happyinBCS
The clerk he shot at the Apple stop in Bryan is still in intensive care and as it stated in the article he shot that clerk after he gave him the money. This guy is an animal and should rot
kyledr04
AG
So this guy did this twice? Wow
BCStalk
I know of 2 local businesses that have pretty nice surveillance systems and both had a pretty clean picture of the exact same person robbing both of them. So much that you could clearly see the tattoo on his arm. After all the unfortunate events going on, I have no idea why people don't spend a little better money on camera systems. That picture does miracles for our law enforcement.
SW AG80
AG
Blessings to Anita's family on this important holy day. I pray they can remember and soon see God's love through the actions of others who are helping them through these tough days.
legalbird
To clarify, if this crime was done in Houston or Dallas, the jurors may slap him on the wrist.

In Brazos county, the dude will never leave prison after he receives his sentence.
75AG
AG
legalbird said:

To clarify, if this crime was done in Houston or Dallas, the jurors may slap him on the wrist.

In Brazos county, the dude will never leave prison after he receives his sentence.
Might want to do a little research. Harris County sends more people to death row than anywhere in the country.
mwm
He'll likely end up in Peckerwood Hill. None too soon.
Bunk Moreland

Capital murder. He gone.
AggieBarstool
Bunk Moreland said:

Capital murder. He gone.
Here's to hoping he's fast-tracked to getting a needle in his arm.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.