Free Shred Event - Reminder

1,572 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dubi
RecycleCSTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The City of College Station and Embassy Records Management and Storage are hosting a free, community-wide document shredding event today (Saturday, Dec. 15) from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. in the parking lot of College Station Municipal Court (300 Krenek Tap Rd.).

Protect yourself from identity theft by shredding documents that include your personal information, such as bank statements, credit card slips, bills, receipts and etc.

Please remove all binding materials such as binders, binder clips, plastics and rubber bands. Staples and paper clips are fine. Limit two bankers box or 40 pounds per person.

Please stay in your vehicles during unloading, if you would like to watch your items be shredded please park in available parking.
Tailgate88
AG
Just dropped off two sacks of papers! Thanks COCS for hosting this! Hope you make it an annual event.
RecycleCSTX
That's what I like to hear! We're at 3 years in a row so far and I too hope to keep it at least annually.

I'd like to get input on timing, if anyone is interested. Fall or Spring?
Jetty
AG
Durn we missed it... does anyone know when next one is?
gunan01
AG
Also missed it. Didn't hear anything about it. Even had a box of papers set aside to be shredded. Oh well, when's the next one?
drivinwest
AG
I would have liked to have gone as well.
dubi
AG
Next time, please post this a week in advance.
Goose83
AG
Shucks, missed it as well.

Next time then.
Counterpoint
AG
RecycleCSTX said:

That's what I like to hear! We're at 3 years in a row so far and I too hope to keep it at least annually.

I'd like to get input on timing, if anyone is interested. Fall or Spring?
I would love to do this. Please, more advanced notice next time!!
RecycleCSTX
Thank you all for the input! I definitely plan to host another one in October 2019, December is way too cold. We generally start advertising 6-8 weeks in advance. If you're not already, please consider subscribing to or following the City of College Station's social media pages. All can be found here - http://cstx.gov/index.aspx?page=219.

Again, thank you for the input! I hope you all have a great week!
UmustBKidding
Please consider publishing things on the web first since large number of citizens don't participate or are precluded from participating in Social Media. Also your link goes nowhere.
dubi
AG
RecycleCSTX said:

Thank you all for the input! I definitely plan to host another one in October 2019, December is way too cold. We generally start advertising 6-8 weeks in advance. If you're not already, please consider subscribing to or following the City of College Station's social media pages. All can be found here - http://cstx.gov/index.aspx?page=219.

Again, thank you for the input! I hope you all have a great week!
I do follow your social media emails, but 98% of the emails are of no interest to me.

That is why we are requesting a heads up here!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.